• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Wait at this investigative post about Selena Gomez and Julia Michaels being her ghost-singer!

end-youre-holding-tight-hoping-reunion-tour.gif
My first suspicions were during Same Old Love. Charli’s voice is loud as f in the chorus and hides Selena. But I said fine, call it a backing vocal.

But when I heard the chorus of Hands to Myself, I brought it up in POPGaf that it doesn’t sound like Selena and sounded like someone else was in the chorus. Much later, I learn who Julia Michaels is and get the neverending cackle that is Bad Liar, in which the high notes of the bridge kick off some straight up Julia Michaels belting with no Selena mixing and it’s so bad and obvious.

Whew.

Here was my first post about Hands to Myself:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=191131995
Okay Hands to Myself sounds great but they either layered in another singer for the strong notes to cover Selena's voice or had to manipulate Selena's voice beyond recognition, just like the do for those movie musicals when Tom Cruise isn't really good enough to do the songs full justice outside the whispers and soft notes. Doesn't sound like Selena's range or tone at all once it hits the chorus long notes.

Hands to Myself's vocals on the chorus are very suspect, definitely a weird mix of both their voices, not even blended, just sort of switching back and forth depending on the notes.

tumblr_o28z4yHBAk1qln00mo1_400.gif

rhandino

Banned
How can Taylor win back the gays when she never had them in the first place?

Unless they shifted toward her during the 1989 era and I didn't notice?

Mau ®

PopGaf gheys like to pretend otherwise but EVERYONE was bopping to 1989 on release week.

Except Vazra. Kudos to him for being consistent!

EDIT: Nnnnn guess Vazra was bopping too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Mau ®;244015854 said:
PopGaf gheys like to pretend otherwise but EVERYONE was bopping to 1989 on release week.

Except Vazra. Kudos to him for being consistent!

EDIT: Nnnnn guess Vazra was bopping too.

For a few days but I did bop a bit.

rhandino

Banned
Styles is the best bop in that album

The rest is OK, I guess.

I do use admit that I use Shake It Off but the version that was used in the movie SING

VGEVUT4.gif

Oh! and New Romantics was a mistake, keep it.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Sisters, come to the OT and post your impressions of the album
:*
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408791
I will post tomorrow night, after I listen to it!
How can Taylor win back the gays when she never had them in the first place?

Unless they shifted toward her during the 1989 era and I didn't notice?
I don't think the gays are a monolith
1989 was deservedly AOTY
Compared to To Pimp a Butterfly? I don't think so...was a really good album though, and I love it a lot.
Rip Chester Bennington 😱😱

Poor fella.
This is the first musical death I have actually cared about, his band's albums helped me get through my own depression and suicidal thoughts...I am sad/pissed off about it.

Majmun

Tbh I know y'all are gonna drag me for saying this but idc I really do love Lust For Life. I listened to Honeymoon like over 500 times so I knew I was probably going to like whatever she did for the rest of her career but I love the trippy mystery beats in songs like 13 Beaches and Heroin and the heartfelt, sweet sound of songs like Beautiful People and Tomorrow Never Came. God Bless America and Roachella can die tbh but other than that it's a good album to me. I put it below UV and above HM and BTD.

Superior taste tbh

Lust For Life is magnificent.

Don't let a Harry Styles stan bother you. Like..common...
a4mpMNW.gif

btw: My last.fm has Honeymoon at 655 plays. ✌️

Lana confirmed she's writing her next album lmao

I love a workaholic legend
Edit: Anyway, both Lorde and Lana fucking killed it with their albums and with Kesha and Selena coming next I'll check for both of those when they come out. 2017 slays music wise tbh

On my way to download Splatoon 2 with Carly Rae Godsen playing in the background

I'm just goin' to the store, to the store
I'm just goin' to the store
You might not see me anymore, anymore
I'm just goin' to the store, to the store
You might not see me anymore, anymore

giphy.gif

Little Mons†er;244077892 said:
On my way to download Splatoon 2 with Carly Rae Godsen playing in the background

giphy.gif

Did you manage to download it sis, apparently the store has crashed. They need to sort ouT their flop online services, it's always two steps forward, one step back.

ixzK7rE.gif

Did you manage to download it sis, apparently the store has crashed. They need to sort ouT their flop online services, it's always two steps forward, one step back.

ixzK7rE.gif

Downloading as we speak!

giphy.gif

Shame that the Switch Wifi chip is such a FLOP! Had no problems with the store though as I waited until daytime to buy it

Bladenic

I wanna fuck to White Mustang, lord

Album is great so far, only on Groupie Love tho so still got half to go.

Plz announce a tour, queen.

In other music news:

Shania's new song isn't great. Sorry, icon :(

VGEVUT4.gif

Not finished yet with Lana's album, but I'm most intrigued by the songs that sound new for her. Feel like some songs are really progressive for her and others are super safe callbacks. Favorites other than Love are Coachella-Woodstock and God Bless America, though 13 Beaches is interesting too. Didn't really connect with White Mustang or Summer Bummer at all. I stopped at GBAAATBWII (the fuck at that title) so I have about 6 songs left.

Reckoner

It's my first time listening to Summer Bummer. This production with Lana is so fire. I've been saying ever since High by the Beach dropped she should do a record with rap beats with a stoner vibe.

Speaking about the record, I feel like this is going to be my favorite Lana of all time. The singles grew on me, even if those are the safest callback tracks on the record, and there isn't a track that didn't catch my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom