• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY NEW THREAD!
tumblr_m78h3zt3Hr1rp27ezo1_500.gif

Keep it cute!
tumblr_m7a6w3dZwd1qhr25ao1_500.gif

botty

Banned
Houston we have a problem.

Mary J Blige will be an advisor on The Voice (or as some of you know it, The Noise).

main-3737810671631741932.jpg

What the hell is she wearing?

Mary J Blige and Xtina do NOT like each other... I don't know why Adam would choose the Burger Queen of Hip Hop Soul as an advisor, but oh well.

Nemesis_

Everything is disappointingly cute so far. Even me shading my own fave ;_;

But Botty dont all the other judges hate Xtincta too ANYWAY

Icicle

Brandy Update!

Brandy has finally started doing some promo for "Put it Down", leading up the release of the music video in the near future. The song has steadily been climbing the Billboard and iTunes R&B charts, and looks poised to break into the iTunes Top 200 within the next couple days.

Here is an amazingly cute/funny video of her and a radio personality dancing to "I Wanna Be Down":

Youtube

Trigger

What happened to Brandy? She was doing so well at one point.

Mary J Blige and Xtina do NOT like each other... I don't know why Adam would choose the Burger Queen of Hip Hop Soul as an advisor, but oh well.

Producers trying to make the show interesting again?

Oh, and
BYB5I.gif
@ "Burger Queen".

DMeisterJ

Banned
Brandy Update!

Brandy has finally started doing some promo for "Put it Down", leading up the release of the music video in the near future. The song has steadily been climbing the Billboard and iTunes R&B charts, and looks poised to break into the iTunes Top 200 within the next couple days.

Here is an amazingly cute/funny video of her and a radio personality dancing to "I Wanna Be Down":

Youtube

omg.

Brandy about to break the iTunes 200! WOW! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

199 other artists definitely haven't accomplished that feat TODAY.

xhbRl.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I saw the other thread got closed and thought one of you had done something to push it over the edge.

Like, I dunno, Rihanna x Beyonce fan fiction.

Cynosure

Artemisia

Banned
Fiona-Apple-The-Idler-Wheel.jpg

It was good. I wasn't really feeling many of the tracks though, except Every Single Night and Hot Knife.

I definitely need to listen to it more.

Koodo

Banned
Let's look back at the life and struggles of OT1~

It took nearly 11 months for OT1 to exceed 20,000 posts. However, 88% of the thread's total post count was done since April 2012, just less than four months ago.

20120717-mde6jtnw4ngax7wsf8gyqnbdyp.png

January 2012 had the lowest monthly post count at 32 posts; often days would pass between posts.

May 2012 had the highest monthly post count at 5117 posts. July 2012, however, had the highest average daily post count at approximately 257 posts per day.

There was a spike in activity starting from late March. While POPGAF took in many new active members in 2012, the uptick seems to be in great part due to increased activity by the thread's top posters.

The Top 10 posters accounted for 54% of the thread's total post count; the Top 20 posters accounted for 81% of the total.

What significant event occurred in late March that could explain the increased activity among the thread's most dedicated users?

LV0rm.jpg

Not only was the album and Madonna herself a common fixture in discussion, the MDNA OT in Off-Topic was likely a gateway for previously inactive posters to participate in POPGAF. MDNA died for our SINS.

ifAPvGnLcEeCS.gif

Assuming OT2 maintains the same level of activity as the prior four months, OT3 should be arriving by the end of the year. Just in time for the holidays.
Ua6QP.gif

Oozer3993

OMG, excited! Hopefully, this new single is better than 'The Other Chick' and 'Disaster'.

It supposedly sounds like Marvin's Room. #FlawlessnessIncoming

P.S. I actually feel kinda bad for your faves. They can do nothing in the face of the oncoming tidal wave. They're just gonna get swept up like everyone else.

bji8r.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I think we sort of didn't really know where this thread was really going when it first started, but once we became comfortable with the stanning/shading it blew up. It also helped that we constantly had material to talk about, and the stream of new posters to grill was always welcome.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I believe in March/April was when the thread got moved to community and we got away from the Gaf OT eye

and of course I was unbanned in early April
ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

SaintZ

So apparently Lana is going to release a summer mixtape and wrote 8 new songs for it. I'm not sure my heart can handle it. Also, Born To Die has sold 1,851,000 WW so far.

570qu.gif

#Kween #HerHolinessDalaiLana

OT2! Nice. I'll try to post more in this thread, though I'm not very good at dragging and snatching wigs.
You know even without 1D in the topic I'll still bother you guys about them AND when their new single leaks.

When does it come out? Are they really releasing a new album at the end of the year??

Christopher

I originally came to pop gag after wondering where all those .gifs in the ot were that would make me laugh cyno and <3 Marius are hilarious too and I just started posting here more and learning about good music and different peoples taste and opinions

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I thought Lana was awful then I started liking Video Games and felt strange.

so what do you have against both of the only two non-caucasian acts in the mainstream music industry?

emot-ohdearvjjql.png

Cynosure

It supposedly sounds like Marvin's Room. #FlawlessnessIncoming

P.S. I actually feel kinda bad for your faves. They can do nothing in the face of the oncoming tidal wave. They're just gonna get swept up like everyone else.

bji8r.gif

I'm not opposed to Taylor's force tbh

I'm here for her new stuff

tumblr_m6obvvSABW1rooqdx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom