• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

Kalor

Well, nothing is going to change at this point. I recommend looking at Flame tomorrow, he never justified his Haly vote and has just generally been coasting by. Scum have been quiet because they saw no reason to intervene in my lynch. If I have to guess one of them either led it or joined on fairly quickly to solidify me as a valid choice over Haly. Perhaps because Haly is a scum member which they want to protect after losing Quantum Day 1.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm claiming, and so will Coppanuva. We're the Pet Shop Boys, Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe. We're a 2-man Mason team. Why claim now when Kalor is going to be lynched? Because we ask town PRs to direct their abilities elsewhere.

Especially LoC. I think you'll want to kill me anyway, and I can totally understand that. Self preservation is kicking in however and I ask you not to. If Kalor doesn't flip scum, then you should consider Flame_AC or CornBurrito.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
DAY 2 HAS ENDED

nail-biting, edge of the seat stuff frankly.

The most exciting thing I've seen since the 1982 World Paint-Drying championship slow-mo replays.

cabot

After yet another informercial, the camera shifts back to LP, bundled up in a white coat, white scarf, and a single white glove.

"Hmm, oh, we're live? Don't mind the winter outfit, they shut off the heat. I also lost a glove. While I look for it, here's cabot!"

The scene goes to cabot standing a crowd of people, all of them walking backwards.

"cabot?"

"Oh hi LP, I'm in a moonwalking flash mob. And yes I realize the implications of "moon" and "flash" being in the same sentence. In fact-"

"We're a family show."

cabot frowns. "Anyway, this flash mob is being led by the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson!"

LP raises a finger (not the middle one). "Uh, slight problem-"

"Yeah I know, but what if he's not really dead, like Elvis or Biggie? Just look!" The camera turns to a man with a hat naturally obscuring his face, dancing flawlessly.

LP puts his head down into his open hand, spawning a new meme endlessly quoted gif badly edited Youtube video watched by 3 people.

A sudden screeching noise interrupts the mob. As the cameraman backs away, a car fishtails through the crowd and plows into the MJ imposter... only to go right through him, coming to a crashing halt as it impacts an object covered by a tarp.

cabot stops screaming and picks himself up off the ground. "Wow no one got hurt."

"Except your dignity."

"I have dignity?" cabot walks over and pulls the tarp off the object, which is giving off smoke and sparks. "A hologram projector. Huh."

Nearby, the driver of the car gets out and is promptly hauled away by police.

"I guess you could say MJ was struck by... a smooth criminal."

"That was... bad."

LP shrugs. "We'll be right back."

Kalor has been ejected from the game!

Greetings! Welcome to #popMAFIA!

You are Michael Jackson.

You’re sensational, and much like the video to your #AMAZEBALLS hit THRILLER, you’re back from the dead. Sure, there’s some murkiness around your life and uh… activities, but this is #popMAFIA, so just pretend it never happened, like almost all of your fans!

For inspiration, your Spotify page is HERE

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are an Ordinary Villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate the SCUM team.

DAY 3 STARTS:
pur_1480629600.png

FINAL DAY 2 TALLY:

Kalor (6)
Sawneeks .351
Haly .384
Burbeting .409
kryptikjoker .429
Crab .431
Coppanuva .442

Haly (3)
Lord of Castamere .315
Flame_AC .386
CornBurrito .387

Bronx-Man (1)
Pop-O-Matic .373

Not (1)
Kalor .377

CornBurrito (1)
CCS .417

Lord of Castamere (0)
kryptikjoker .358 .429

CCS (0)
Coppanuva .438 .442

Flame_AC (0)
CCS .397 .417

No active vote for Day 2:
Bronx-Man
Evilisk
Not

cabot

DAY 3 BEGINS

As Vincent Price cackles, the Thriller video fades to LP at the newsdesk.

"Just how do you follow an iconic music video? By going to cabot in Washington, of course!"

"I'll take that as a compliment, LP. The President has arrived and is making his way inside. I'm trying to get closer but protestors and security are in the way!"

The camera shakes wildly as it's bumped and jostled.

"It looks like Blair Witch. Why don't you find a vantage point to view the proceedings?"

"Good idea. Oh wait look over there!" The camera swings in the direction of cabot's pointed finger, where a woman is standing on a platform.

"Reject the president and his administration! Fight against a capitalistic society that only benefits the rich!" A cheer erupts from the people standing near her, and they raise her up on their shoulders.

cabot begins shoving his way through the crowd. "Looks like ANOHNI. I'll see if I can get a word. ANOHNI! What do you want to say to the president?"

"He will destroy this country," she shouts. "I will not stand for this, and neither should you. See, even now they seek to silence me." She points to the security personnel moving through the crowd towards her. "Farewell!" she jumps down from the shoulders of her supporters and heads away from the Capitol.

"Strong words from ANOHNI. I'm disappointed she didn't sing though."

LP nods. "Well we can arrange that. Here's ANOHNI's newest single."

Pop-O-Matic has been ejected from the game!

Greetings! Welcome to #popMAFIA!

You are ANOHNI.

You used to be Antony Hegarty, but that was never really you. You are now ANOHNI. An overwhelmingly powerful vocal force, with #lyricalprowess to match. You’ve only just entered the scene, but your debut album left everyone foaming at the mouth, and everyone wants some more.

For inspiration, your Spotify page is HERE

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are an Ordinary Villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate the SCUM team.

Day 3 ends:

gra_1480975200.png

7 votes for majority.

Coppanuva

No callout huh?

Also Pop was ordinary, I'm more surprised he got NK'd than anything, seems like he would've been prime WIFOM material for scum.

Burbeting

Banned
Evening all! Here to have fun, hunt scum, and dance

giphy.gif

Have you read through the thread? If you have, any thoughts?

---

I agree with Coppa that Pop as the NK choice is weird one. Not sure what to think of no call out today, we don't really have much information to go with.

acohrs

Have you read through the thread? If you have, any thoughts?

---

I agree with Coppa that Pop as the NK choice is weird one. Not sure what to think of no call out today, we don't really have much information to go with.

Thoughts on what? Who to vote for tonight, who is a dastardly scum, or which is my favourite beatles song?

Here comes the sun in case you were actually wondering

acohrs

...You and I are gonna get along.

Aw yeah, buddy!!

Few general thoughts right now:

1. what is a mason?

2. why no callout announced last night even if it may have been blocked like night 1, different PR?

3. still not clear behind the logic on voting for kolor, would those who voted explain for me please?

4. why was pop offed last night? did he slight the scum in some way? going to reread his posts with interest today/tomorrow!

Sawneeks

Banned
Rip Pop. :c

Also just checking in to let you guys know I'm going to be really busy this Day Phase. I'm at Disneyland today and then this Saturday/Sunday I'm going to be at PSX. I'll check in every now and again but don't expect a whole lot since mobile sucks and I'll just be busy in general.

I'll come back tomorrow with more thoughts! Until then, have fun!

Also welcome to acohrs!

Coppanuva

Aw yeah, buddy!!

1. what is a mason?

2. why no callout announced last night even if it may have been blocked like night 1, different PR?

3. still not clear behind the logic on voting for kolor, would those who voted explain for me please?

4. why was pop offed last night? did he slight the scum in some way? going to reread his posts with interest today/tomorrow!

1) Masons are a paired town power role. The two Masons know who the other is and their alignment and have a private chat together.

3) for me, I didn't want to mislynch on haly since I knew his alignment.

2 and 4 I'm still thinking on. Scum had 3 or claims to pick from and they chose to strike at random.

Btw I want to apologize for not posting much last day phase. I got caught up in thanksgiving and all these fabulous games releasing. I did not use my power last night. Given that Haly came out, and I accept that claim for now. I see that the probable reasons for my power not working night 1 are due to a block or it being absorbed. I might use my power so, or not, it's on them to block it again.

I need to go through the events of the last day to see who we should hit. I'll see what sticks out to me. I am curious what the pattern of kills is. Ducking overly active players and all. Could be a middle of the road tactic, or a switcher getting some good hits.

Haly

I think the callout was a one shot. While it's not as powerful as a straight up cop, I think 2 masons and a 1-shot public cop and is quite enough investigative power for town, especially in a 17 player game.

If/when they die we'll be able to confirm Bronx-man's status.

Coppanuva

Yeah, I'm curious on those two non-voters as well. Maybe this'll wake them up...

Vote: Not

Oh hey while we're still in the figuring things out phase... I still don't feel right.

acohrs

shit was trying to be funny, but now I just got Somebody's Watching Me stuck in my head and can't get it out...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
First things first: welcome, acohrs! Hope you enjoy the game. Nobody will mind too much if you're a little quiet for a day or so to catch up, although having said that you seem to be straight into the action, which is excellent.

Right, so. Tonight was odd. Not entirely sure why Pop was killed, he wasn't necessarily the most townie person and it cleared one of the Day 1 quandries regarding his bluff. Perhaps mafia bought into it and thought he might be a PR deliberately trying to be lynched for their role or something? I have no idea. Possibly a switcher, as well - if so, it'd be nice to know whose mafia real target was at some point (not prodding the switcher to claim if there is one, just saying: know how to trail. We can figure the rest out if you die).

What happened to LoC's kill? Or was Pop LoC's kill?

Sawneeks

Banned
I agree that Pop being killed is a weird choice. With 2 claimed Masons and a claimed Vigilante out and about I was expecting one of them to be hit instead. I'm not quite sure what to make of it either? Scum afraid of a Doctor?? But even if that's the case why go for Pop out of the list of players available?

Don't know what to really make of the lack of Call-Out either. It might be a one-shot like Haly suggests or perhaps they were blocked? I want to see what happens the next Day Phase because I'm leaning towards it being a one-shot but only missing one Day Phase isn't incredibly telling.

Aw yeah, buddy!!

1. what is a mason?

3. I interpreted his vote on QB ( our scum flip of Day 1 ) as an attempt to 'bus' his teammate. Meaning he voted for his own teammate in order to look like Town, which is what I felt like his final vote looked like. His explanations never changed my opinion either and his roleclaim never cleared any of the weak reasons as to why he voted for QB in the first place.

4. He didn't do much other than a gambit on Day 1 and then revealed his intentions behind the gambit on Day 2. I'm guessing Scum maybe thought he was a PR of some sort for his gambit?

Also, a question for you, who do you think is Scum? Or who do you want to vote out this Day Phase?

By biggest question right now is: Bronx and Not, why no vote yesterday?

I see you already got to Not, so I am going to extend the invitation to

Vote: Bronx-man

Because I want to hear the explanation for not voting yesterday.

First things first: welcome, acohrs! Hope you enjoy the game. Nobody will mind too much if you're a little quiet for a day or so to catch up, although having said that you seem to be straight into the action, which is excellent.

Right, so. Tonight was odd. Not entirely sure why Pop was killed, he wasn't necessarily the most townie person and it cleared one of the Day 1 quandries regarding his bluff. Perhaps mafia bought into it and thought he might be a PR deliberately trying to be lynched for their role or something? I have no idea. Possibly a switcher, as well - if so, it'd be nice to know whose mafia real target was at some point (not prodding the switcher to claim if there is one, just saying: know how to trail. We can figure the rest out if you die).

What happened to LoC's kill? Or was Pop LoC's kill?

Crab please

Btw I want to apologize for not posting much last day phase. I got caught up in thanksgiving and all these fabulous games releasing. I did not use my power last night. Given that Haly came out, and I accept that claim for now. I see that the probable reasons for my power not working night 1 are due to a block or it being absorbed. I might use my power so, or not, it's on them to block it again.

I need to go through the events of the last day to see who we should hit. I'll see what sticks out to me. I am curious what the pattern of kills is. Ducking overly active players and all. Could be a middle of the road tactic, or a switcher getting some good hits.

Sawneeks

Banned
Yeah, I'm not feeling like Bronx-Man is the right choice to lynch today.

Vote: Haly

I'll leave this here for now and see what happens.

Just going to go with this for now.

These two votes are one right after another and there was little-to-no explanation following these votes. Corn was around after this as he did post a few times but Flame practically disappeared after he dropped this vote without explaining. We have enough time now that I want to get Bronx back in here but I do want a follow up from both of you. Why keep your vote on Haly? What were you 'waiting to see' by placing, and keeping, your vote there?

Yeah, I'm curious on those two non-voters as well. Maybe this'll wake them up...

Oh hey while we're still in the figuring things out phase... I still don't feel right.

Correction, Coppa got to the Not vote, not CCS. My mistake. :x

Also, what do you mean by that last line?

CCS

Banned
Just to follow Saw's posts from above, I've been reading Flame and Corn as likely scum for a while. Not keen on Flame's habit of barely posting and not offering any real justification for his votes, and when it comes to Corn I agreed with Crab's analysis post yesterday suggesting that one of Kalor and Corn was likely scum, but I was never sold by the arguments that it was Kalor.

I'll do a longer post this afternoon probably.

I dont think you ever really picked up the posting pace. Granted the game's pace is fairly slow anyway.

Sawneeks, I voted for Haly that day because I thought Haly might be scum. Haly did not vote QB D1 (yes neither did I), and also didn't die after being targeted by a vig kill according to LoC.

acohrs

I agree that Pop being killed is a weird choice. With 2 claimed Masons and a claimed Vigilante out and about I was expecting one of them to be hit instead. I'm not quite sure what to make of it either? Scum afraid of a Doctor?? But even if that's the case why go for Pop out of the list of players available?

Don't know what to really make of the lack of Call-Out either. It might be a one-shot like Haly suggests or perhaps they were blocked? I want to see what happens the next Day Phase because I'm leaning towards it being a one-shot but only missing one Day Phase isn't incredibly telling.

3. I interpreted his vote on QB ( our scum flip of Day 1 ) as an attempt to 'bus' his teammate. Meaning he voted for his own teammate in order to look like Town, which is what I felt like his final vote looked like. His explanations never changed my opinion either and his roleclaim never cleared any of the weak reasons as to why he voted for QB in the first place.

4. He didn't do much other than a gambit on Day 1 and then revealed his intentions behind the gambit on Day 2. I'm guessing Scum maybe thought he was a PR of some sort for his gambit?

Also, a question for you, who do you think is Scum? Or who do you want to vote out this Day Phase?

I see you already got to Not, so I am going to extend the invitation to

Vote: Bronx-man

Because I want to hear the explanation for not voting yesterday.

Crab please

If I had to vote right now, I would vote Bronx-man too. No vote yesterday and they have been very quiet. Could be busy maybe, but it could also be a sign that they are scared to contribute in case they get caught out? No reason to not contribute a little bit here and there if you've got nothing to hide.

As for Kolor, I can see why you voted for them yesterday but I don't think that would have been enough evidence for me to vote for them.

Also, re-reading day 1, very interesting that some were already putting lists up then. Very little information to go on in day 1, almost like those players wanted to unconsciously sway opinions on day 1 towards certain players. Why would they do that...

giphy.gif

Coppanuva

Correction, Coppa got to the Not vote, not CCS. My mistake. :x

Also, what do you mean by that last line?

Just a pm I got last night. I don't know what it did, I was just told I don't feel right. There's a bit more flavor to it but it didn't impact me any as far as we can tell.

If it does end up being bad, haly has the pm and can distribute it. As it stands, I don't want to focus on it too much since the pm didn't really indicate what it does, and I have no way of knowing if the alignment of the role is town or not.

CCS

Banned
I feel like the most useful way of doing this is to go through the player list:

Bronx-Man - Not happy with the lack of an explanation yet for not voting last time around. Not calling scum yet but want to hear from him.

Burbeting - Nothing particularly egregious sticks in my head. Not really feeling scum at the moment, seems like probable town to me.

CCS - Obviously not scum :p

Coppanuva - Feels like town to me. Been a useful contributor and I haven't noticed anything about their behaviour that would make me think scum.

CornBurrito - I'm still semi-convinced by Crab's theory yesterday that one of Corn and Kalor were scum, and with the vindication of Kalor (note: I never bought the accusations of school against him) I'm suspicious. Anyone got any thoughts either way on Corn?

Crab - Town. I get scum voting for teammates on the first day as a strategy for down the line, but I can't see scum starting a first day bandwagon on a previously safe teammate.

acohrs - Almost impossible to get a read on Evilisk due to silence, and haven't yet formed a strong opinion on acohrs (although leaning town).

Flame_AC - Been one of my main scum picks throughout. Low activity, very low content, little to no justification for actions.

Haly - I'm feeling like town. Early esterday seemed like a potential failed bandwagon onto Haly by scum, which would match some of my scum reads with people who voted for Haly too.

Kryptikjoker - Feels like town. Not too much evidence, but feels like it.

Lord of Castamere - Fairly sure town. Can't see any decent scum player drawing so much attention and suspicion with an unforced early vigilante claim.

Not - Don't yet think is scum, but again someone I want to hear more from or I'll start to get unhappy :p

Sawneeks - Town. Been the main person trying to drive the thread to be more active, which would be strange scum behaviour. Coupled with some excellent posts, doesn't seem like scum to me.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The reason why I didn't vote is because I didn't even have a scum read up until Burbeting's reads came in and pushed me towards the direction of Kalor. But by time I read that, there's was already so many votes on Kalor that I felt adding onto them would give the impression that I was scum trying to turbo Kalor. Kalor was the only one I had even a suspicion of being scum. I didn't want to vote for someone else that I had no read on, so I decided not to vote.

As for the lack of posts, well shit I really don't know what to say other than this has been a slow-ass game so far. Though it's pretty bizarre how that call-out thing from yesterday never had any follow-up.

acohrs

The reason why I didn't vote is because I didn't even have a scum read up until Burbeting's reads came in and pushed me towards the direction of Kalor. But by time I read that, there's was already so many votes on Kalor that I felt adding onto them would give the impression that I was scum trying to turbo Kalor. Kalor was the only one I had even a suspicion of being scum. I didn't want to vote for someone else that I had no read on, so I decided not to vote.

As for the lack of posts, well shit I really don't know what to say other than this has been a slow-ass game so far. Though it's pretty bizarre how that call-out thing from yesterday never had any follow-up.

What do you mean on the last point? That you're thinking the same as me that it appeared in the night 1 ending but not the night 2 ending?

Coppanuva

Just to clarify, you received no pm about any action from n1 correct?

acohrs

Yeah. Thought it was maybe a nightly ability scum had, but I guess not.

Nope.

So, someone else saved you but you don't know who or why? That or you have a PR that you're not revealing, or someone else has a PR that prevents someone else from doing a night action and chose the scumkiller thus blocking your death.

If it's the latter, I wonder if the one who blocked the scumkiller got an email telling them they were successful? Lot of thinking to do...

cabot

Delayed a little, but the OFFICIAL #popMAFIA playlist AM I POP? has been updated. It can be found HERE.

VOTE COUNT:

not (2)
coppanuva 476
cornburrito 483

bronx-man (1)
sawneeks 480

flame_ac (4)
haly 493
kryptikjoker 496
ccs 497
acohrs 499

Day 3 ends:
gra_1480975200.png

Haly

Flame_AC is just going to be this giant question mark going forward without any change in activity.

Vote: Flame_AC

I agree with Haly, Flame has been extremely light on justification for his votes. I know we've all been pretty low on activity, but Flame_AC has thrown his vote at the following:

DAY 1: Bronx-Man, then me (kryptikjoker)
DAY 2: Discussed voting for Bronx-Man, but then decided for Haly.
DAY 3: No action yet.

VOTE: Flame_AC

I'm interested to see what Flame_AC has to say.

CCS

Banned
Far be it from me usually to jump on a bandwagon, but I have been trying to get this one going for about two weeks now :p

Far be it from me usually to jump on a bandwagon, but I have been trying to get this one going for about two weeks now :p

You started the bandwagon! You've been quite consistent in voting for Flame_AC from my review of the game so far. So your vote does not surprise me.

acohrs

So the consensus seems to be at the moment that most suspicious were bronx man and flame ac for the lack of voting yesterday. However, bronx has come out since then and explained why they didn't vote. For me not the greatest reason in the world not to vote but it's still a reason. Flame on the other hand has not come out yet and said diddly squat. So...

vote: Flame_AC

Flame_AC

Hey there everybody!

I could just jump on one of the other bandwagons and try and save myself, but I still feel like this is the right way to go. I thought I had already posted, but apparently not. Lynching me isn't going to do anything more then answer the singular question of my identity. Admittedly, I'm an easy lynch, but I would suggest you look at the people who are pushing for me (which will be nothing more then a wasted day).

Top Bottom