• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

CCS

Banned
I'm gonna be honest with you guys, my clearing Saw and Acohrs was based off something that could have been a misread or me attributing way too much meaning that wasn't there, but by the time I realised that it was too late to change what I was saying without looking really suspicious (plus I'm pretty confident they're town anyway so hey). Sorry about that :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

cabot

Everyone was tense...

No longer.

kryptikjoker has been ejected from the game

Greetings! Welcome to #popMAFIA!

You are Bruno Mars.

Let’s set this party on fire.

You have changed up shape quite a few times in your short career, but one thing is constant. You get asses jiggin on the DANCEFLOOR. Pop needs your help to overcome adversity, so step up.

For inspiration, your Spotify page is HERE

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are an Ordinary Villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate the SCUM team.

cabot

The remaining pop stars looked at each other awkwardly.

Tuts were thrown in the direction of one Carly Rae Jepsen.

Ty4on has been ejected from the game!

You are Kate Bush.

We’ve did the ritual, we have finished #wakingthewitch

You are the baroque pop queen. Your albums ooze atmosphere, and touch on weird things like folklore, transporting you to a place you never really expected. You’re mystical and reclusive, but you still have the ability to appear for a residency in London, or to release an amazing album after years of silence.

You have a 1-shot Poison Cure. Once in the game, you can target someone at night. If they are poisoned, they will be cured of their ailment.

CCS has been ejected from the game!

You are Carly Rae Jepsen.

Hey I just mod you, and #thisisCRAZY, but here’s your #ROLEPM, so call me maybe?

You’re officially the #slayQUEEN that will deliver all the #EMOTION to the players, and for that we are thankful.

You are an Ordinary Villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

*Splinter has been ejected from the game!

You are Madonna.

#BaddyGranny

You’ve got a #rebelheart inside you. While a cohort of the populace think you’re simply an irrelevant relic of the past that’s desperately holding on for attention, you disagree. You will throw your leg up on a table and sign a contract declaring that you are, in fact, #fuckingRELEVANTbitch. You’ve also directed some things, but the less said about that, the better.

You are a 1-shot Vigilante. Once in the game, you can target someone at night. If successful, they will be killed.

Chaos reigns, the enemies of Pop (psst! that's SCUM) have won!

Sawneeks AKA Joan Jett shredded her guitar in joy!

You are Joan Jett.

You don’t give a damn about your bad reputation.

Been a good old fashioned punk queen for decades, you still tour the world and strut your kickass stuff in finely tightened leather attire, because we all know leather is the greatest way of being. You are the #punkQUEEN, show these chucklefucks how to be the best.

For inspiration , your Spotify page is HERE

You are aligned with SCUM.

You are an 2-shot Poisoner. Twice during the game, you can target a player. They will be poisoned, leading to death after a set period of time.

You have a night kill. The command is KILL: <name>. You will not be able to perform any other commands with your night kill unless you are the last person standing.

Your SCUM team mates are

The SCUM chat is coming soon to a cinema near you.

You win when your team equal or outnumber all other players..

acohrs AKA Kanye West celebrated victory with his new BFF Donald Trump!

You are Kanye West.

You’re pretty adept at production, though you maybe lack the lyrical powers of your peers, you’ve got a very popular wife and-------

I’MMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT KANYE WEST IS THE GREATEST ROLE OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME!

...Rude!

You are aligned with SCUM.

You are an Interrupter. During the night, you can target a player. This player will be called out publicly by the moderator at the beginning of the following day phase. They will also be roleblocked for the following night phase, unless you are lynched before then.

You have a night kill. The command is KILL: <name>. You will not be able to perform any other commands with your night kill unless you are the last person standing.

Your SCUM team mates are

The SCUM chat is locked up in Trump Tower.

You win when your team equal or outnumber all other players..

The game is over. requeiscate de pache

Burbeting

Banned
RIP Burb, took one for the team. Our rivalry worked perfectly, nobody suspected any connection!!

Yeah. Once it became apparent I was going to die sooner or later, we played up the antagonism between us, without obvious bussing.

Splinter, pretty sure CCS made everything up to get me lynched. Oops.

CCS

Banned
After I "Force read" Saw and Acohrs as town, Cab messaged me to say (quote): "Nothing went wrong when using the Force" :p

CzarTim

Acon, that was a fantastic first game. Saw did great too, no surprise. Besides that poison slip, fantastic game all around.

Ty is town MVP despite the end. Town was dead before the sub.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm dead tomorrow that's yet more informational context for you to talk about, that would probably change what I would say (were it not for the fact I would be dead). Again, I don't really do second-stage hypotheticals.

What I will say is: I do think Flame_AC is fairly obviously town. Like, let's be honest here most players are fundamentally more motivated by playing scum than town. One the most common stories of games is townies (especially vanilla) getting bored early, because they can't form the closeknit links scum have in their chat and generally have less to do. Scum: mostly pay attention, and while they often have low activity, they rarely do it to the point of non-participation. Flame_AC, to me, reads absolutely classic: bored townie. I think almost no scum would vote Haly in the context of him having been cleared as a Mason with tons of stuff on it. I think a more realistic picture is that Flame simply didn't notice because Flame isn't following the game very closely because Flame is town and inexperienced and probably isn't a PR and isn't trusted and so has very little entry to engage with.

I also think this is pretty clear to anyone who has been playing a while and knows how these things work - anyone who's played at least 3 games has probably seen this pattern play out time and time again. And what happens is scum *love* these people, because they can really easily convince people that bored townies are scum. So they leave them alive, and then they try to get them lynched later in the game or to divert from an alternate scum wagon. And honestly, this is, at least for me, really starting to have the alarm bells ring about Sawneeks. She's a good player, an experienced player, and I struggle to believe she reads Flame_AC as scum and not just bored town.

So, right now, my scum reads are beginning to coalesce around Sawneeks and Burbeting. I'd rather lynch Burbeting, because I'm more confident on that one, but I would ideally like our lynch to be in those two. I very much do not want it to be on Flame_AC.

raw

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So why was QB bussed? Crab told me it might've just been a mistake. Was it a mistake? Or a longterm gambit?

cabot

So why was QB bussed? Crab told me it might've just been a mistake. Was it a mistake? Or a longterm gambit?

Scum can answer but QB didnt post in scum chat at all and I sense the team were annoyed/frustrated and just bussed him for it.

Sawneeks

Banned

I panicked and voted for him. He never showed up in the Scum Chat so we had no idea what he was doing and, at the time, I didn't see any good out so I voted for him.

Mostly panic + frustration.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm still amazed at how QB straight up outed himself and I was the only one to jump on him for that. If Ouro or Sophia was here as town, that dude would've been gone ASAP.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, congratulations to scum. They played very well, especially knowing the context behind QB now. More or less all the same kills I'd have picked and in roughly the same order, too. Suffocated town by picking off active players and leaders and leaving town with followers, then dominating the conversation in the closing to pick up said followers. Classic scum play, and well executed.

Town... eh. I want to say that this was two great teams locked in a tight battle, but honestly I can't. That was one of the poorest towns I've seen in many a game, and there's a lot of lessons to be learnt here. I'll post a review later on running through how I think various people can improve their play. I'd struggle to nominate a town MVP because I don't think any town player did especially well.

Scum MVP was probably acohrs, definitely the hardest to read. Sawneeks played very well but I think was slipping towards the end; acohrs was incredibly consistent.

cabot

I'm still amazed at how QB straight up outed himself and I was the only one to jump on him for that. If Ouro or Sophia was here as town, that dude would've been gone ASAP.

you messed up the jailer though, even if you were unsure of who was scum, your power could help determine and maybe even stop a kill/protect someone.

I'd play the jailer as a doctor in the early days, roleblock in the late days.

Burbeting

Banned
Killing Pop was a really stupid decision. Other than that it went pretty well, although we had lot of confusion in N4 if we should kill Crab, Ty or Splinter.

Ty4on

Acon, that was a fantastic first game. Saw did great too, no surprise. Besides that poison slip, fantastic game all around.

Ty is town MVP despite the end. Town was dead before the sub.
Aw, thanks. It's... Not quite my worst game. I hope I'm ordinary in my next game tho o.o;

After the Sawneeks poison slip, we were mostly just banking with Acohrs making it to the end.
I wanted to claim just to get people to pay attention, but was worried A) people would lynch me for failing so hard B) scum had more poison shots.

Bronx-Man

Banned
you messed up the jailer though, even if you were unsure of who was scum, your power could help determine and maybe even stop a kill/protect someone.

I'd play the jailer as a doctor in the early days, roleblock in the late days.

As you can tell from this and Overwatch, I'm not exactly bright when it comes to using PRs.

Top Bottom