• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular FGC streamer MAXIMILIAN accidentally says n*gger on stream; asses are shown

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleMIX

What the fuck is happening here?

In context it seems like a slip of the tongue and he definitely doesn't have a history of this behavior. I'll give him a pass.

Velkyn

As a black person, in the context he said it, I have no problem with it, and I dislike when anyone says the word even in slang ways. Now if he was belittling somebody and trying to ruin his day and that word was used to add to the insults, that would not be ok.

So you universally speak for all black people everywhere? I mean, it's good that you are not personally offended, but can you see hoe someone might be?

Skilletor

No, I mean go into the future and let go of the word. How many generations have there been since nigger had REAL value to it?

Nowadays it's just a tool used by black people to get offended. We must get offended with something!

We can't just go about our lives without holding on to a flimsy thread of a word that doesn't really mean anything to today's modern black man.

Come the fuck on. And yes, I'm black.

::Looks at Trump and his supporters::

Pathetic.

This thread is enlightening.

mp1990

Banned
Jesus people need to get over this already. It's just a word, and after almost 200 years, it doesn't hold the same connotation.

Free speech should be higher up in the priorities list- than black people getting offended- in this matter.

Please let's go into the future.
ok what the hell

since when gaming side is this stupid

Jesus people need to get over this already. It's just a word, and after almost 200 years, it doesn't hold the same connotation.

Free speech should be higher up in the priorities list- than black people getting offended- in this matter.

I've never seen a thread bring out the trash this fast. I'm now starting to feel maybe the progress we've been making as a society is all in my head.

No, I mean go into the future and let go of the word. How many generations have there been since nigger had REAL value to it?

Nowadays it's just a tool used by black people to get offended. We must get offended with something!

We can't just go about our lives without holding on to a flimsy thread of a word that doesn't really mean anything to today's modern black man.

What? WHAT?

Yeah, it really doesn't matter if he slipped up or not at this point; this thread has outed some pretty nasty people on GAF.

Funny because I see sensible people who dont go into a tizzy because someone used a slur. Yeah, its a pretty gross word but to fall on the ground over it is really pathetic. Its like you want to be able to say GOTCHA.

If I had the paper thin skin some of you have I would have a heart attack everytime Im on the subway when school gets out.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

What the actual fuck am I reading? It's still used as a racial slur against black people, are you seriously insinuating that the only reason the word has value is not due to the extensive history behind the word but it's just because black people feel hte need to get offended? The fuck!!

A slip of the tongue reading a tongue twister nickname! Hang him!

This isn't even what the thread is about anymore. Most people are giving the benefit of the doubt that it could possibly have been a non-malicious slip of the tongue.

The outrage is about posters defending the use of the word as something people need to get over.

Joeku

Yoooooooo

Kinsei

Banned
WTF is up with some of the responses in this thread? It's like I stepped through a portal to KiA or something.

Watching the video it's clear that he was trying to do some kind of odd attempt at a tongue twister and he fumbled it spectacularly. It comes across as completely non-malicious and an honest mistake though.

It hardly feels worthy to point out but then again the replies here are even quicker to jump the gun spectacularly with some really uncomfortable implications.

That's what it seemed like to me.

kulapik

I'm not defending the fact that the n-word is used in general, I'm just saying that I don't think this deserves a thread, it was a slip of the tongue, he didn't want to say that and instantly tried to fix it because he knew saying that was wrong.

Anyone offended by this didn't even watch the clip. Dude is reading someone's name who probably donated or something and simply said the name w not because it was something of a tongue twister. He then just simply says it correctly. No trying to cover anything up.

He should still apologize for slipping up, but Jesus some of the responses here.

Pachimari

Yeah fuck you dude.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I said using that n-word is bad.

I also said, that I do not think he had any bad intention by saying the word, which was a slip of the tongue. I'm sure he already feels bad about it. But what are we to do about it in this thread?

What the fuck did I just read!!

ItsDorf

Banned
Who the fuck cares.

Everyone needs to stop getting offended at everything.

This I was playing COD last night and head that at least 30 times by blacks, whites and hispancis along with words I find much more offensive. They are words they mean nothing and if you get offended by words than your weak minded. Should he have said it? No but stop trying to be offended but stupid stuff!

Skilletor

I'm not defending the fact that the n-word is used in general, I'm just saying that I don't think this deserves a thread, it was a slip of the tongue, he didn't want to say that and instantly tried to fix it because he knew saying that was wrong.

Still haven't watched the vid, I'm just wtf'ing at the comments here.

This I was playing COD last nights got and head that at least 30 times by blacks, whites and hispancis along with words I find much more offensive. They are words they mean nothing and if you get offended by words than your weak minded. Should he have said it now but stop trying to be offended but stupid stuff!

like. HOLY SHIT.

My grandmother protested and was arrested for during sit-ins and protests for civil rights, along with many more black people I admire and know personally.

This shit wasn't a long time ago.

Fuck everybody that thinks like this. Seriously. Fuck. You.

Honestly, you need to rethink and examine why that word isn't a word black people use to get offended by.

Clockwork

Was it in poor taste? Sure. Was it an innocent slip? I think so.

I'm not sure it's threadworthy or deserving of outrage. At best I figure most would just shake their damn head and move on.

Velkyn

It's the only thing that matters. Otherwise, the statement is baseless (ie: what max said).

It absolutely does not matter in this context. If I had a brain fart and somehow said it at work, do you think my employer would just shrug and say "Oh well, don't let it happen again mister!"

But again, the most shocking thing about this thread is not the streamer.

MechaX

You know, like Ryan Davis, Max very well could be like "shit I fucked up" and it could be acceptable to most under the circumstances.

But holy fuck some of these responses are worse than the actual controversy.

And now bish is here

jfoul

Just seemed like he slipped up while trying to rhyme. Reminded me of when I was a kid, and we would try to rhyme names. (Ex Mitch, Mitch, Mo Snitch, Banana, Nana) Sucks it happened, but I'm expecting Max to come out and apologize.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Sounds like he mmisspokewhile saying a tongue twistery phrase.

You have to be at least 13 years old to post here, FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom