• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular fitness Youtuber quits due to 4chan shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

Zyzz is the ultimate asshole.

WzpLF9y.jpg

why do you assume that's all /b/ does

there's plenty of people just shooting the shit.

I browse /vr/ and /ck/, two of the most fun and small boards of the website. If /b/ got shut down there's no doubt idiots would flood into /ck/, and idiots would flood into /v/, which would by extension spill over into /vr/.

Doesn't matter that's not all /b/ does. The mere fact that a lot of these incidents happen because of them should be enough to shut them down.

And it doesn't matter if they flock to other boards. They just need to tighten up the moderation and IP ban that scum from the site. Then the site might actually become a decent site at some point.

I can't even read this thread properly. Sometimes I think GAF gets bad, but 4chan is such a nerdy shithole that GAF looks like heaven in comparison.

Jarek23

Banned
That is messed up. I've been following this guy for a few years now. Fucking losers man, what the fuck is wrong with these kids, this guy is nothing but a good dude who never says anything disrespectful or crosses any lines, he's done nothing but helped others.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
That is messed up. I've been following this guy for a few years now. Fucking losers man, what the fuck is wrong with these kids, this guy is nothing but a good dude who never says anything disrespectful or crosses any lines, he's done nothing but helped others.

They browse 4chan 20 hours a day.

Exr

why do you assume that's all /b/ does

there's plenty of people just shooting the shit.

I browse /vr/ and /ck/, two of the most fun and small boards of the website. If /b/ got shut down there's no doubt idiots would flood into /ck/, and idiots would flood into /v/, which would by extension spill over into /vr/.
This is a great point. /b/ is famous only for its past, it really hasnt been the same in years. If anything it keeps the dregs in one spot. /vr/ is great, on topic and many interesting threads. Stick to what you like and you'll be fine unless the allure of /b/ appeals to you (aka you need to crank one out or you are 14)

Ionian

According to Tim Sharky (ex loan shark and absolute nutcase turned pimp in Thailand) zzyz died from a drug overdose while in Thailand. Apparently a load of people threatened him because they blamed him for the death. He took exception to this as he claimed his brother was using zzyz's name to promote health supplements and invited them to fight him.

None did.

That's what I got from the tweets anyway, only heard of Zzyz after the fact.

kurbaan

Banned
Whenever I see these 4Chan threats I'm always thinking why do people get scared? Most of these dudes are scared to leave their mom's basement, I dont think they would actually attack the guy.

And if they did I am sure that dude could beat their ass and if he gets a gun then its all good.

Whenever I see these 4Chan threats I'm always thinking why do people get scared? Most of these dudes are scared to leave their mom's basement, I dont think they would actually attack the guy.

And if they did I am sure that dude could beat their ass and if he gets a gun then its all good.

Becuase they are calling his family and threatening them, even if nothing physical happens, that shit is scary

flippedb

Banned
Doesn't matter that's not all /b/ does. The mere fact that a lot of these incidents happen because of them should be enough to shut them down.

And it doesn't matter if they flock to other boards. They just need to tighten up the moderation and IP ban that scum from the site. Then the site might actually become a decent site at some point.

By reading your posts I understand why they did what they did.

IP ban lol ok.

Zyzz is a fascinating story. Wimpy every-kid sets to bodybuilding in order to improve confidence and self-esteem but ends up turning into the archetypal meathead douche.

He never did for health only vanity reasons. Why does everyone on the internet and 4chan look up to him? I will never know, but chances are they all do this for vanity reasons too. Admit it FitnessGAF. Lifting ups your sex appeal and good face looking guys become models to look up to.

IceCold

He's only a douchebag if you're a woman. Other than that he was a bro.

Yup. He had a better attitude than most people here since he seemed like a very positive guy. The fact is that many look up to him because he was like your stereotypical nerds that never got women. But instead of sobbing and making threads about it on internet forums, he decided to become a god.

He never did for health only vanity reasons. Why does everyone on the internet and 4chan look up to him? I will never know, but chances are they all do this for vanity reasons too. Admit it FitnessGAF. Lifting ups your sex appeal and good face looking guys become models to look up to.

Been working out my entire life, but yeah being actually healthy is just the icing on the cake. Aesthetics all the way baby

jaxword

Because he's living the dream that every nerd had from 13-25, which was being able to get women easily, but didn't have the confidence and aggressiveness and swag or whatever.

You know this. Look at every thread about random girl X. You can SMELL the pent up bitter rage and lifetime of sexual failures oozing out with every "Too fat" comment.

IceCold

Because he's living the dream that every nerd had from 13-25, which was being able to get women easily, but didn't have the confidence and aggressiveness and swag or whatever.

You know this. Look at every thread about random girl X. You can SMELL the pent up bitter rage and lifetime of sexual failures oozing out with every "Too fat" comment.

I don't think it's just because he's living the dream of every nerd out there but that he was that nerd once. I think that's the most important part. Those guys see themselves in him and see the potential they have so it gives them hope.

I's pretty easy to see why so many look up to the dude.

Proof that you can get away with anything by being generally good looking.
You can do that sort of thing if you're butt ugly as long as the girl is insecure and desparate.
Zyzz is a fascinating story. Wimpy every-kid sets to bodybuilding in order to improve confidence and self-esteem but ends up turning into the archetypal meathead douche.
A lot of ostracized people are douchebags. We tend to assume ugly, nerdy, dorky, and otherwise marginalized peoples have inner beauty. The truth is, a lot of those people are ostracized in part because they are assholes. Perhaps some people develop more character by going through an ugly or nerdy or socially awkward phase, but a lot don't. They're the same people from start to finish.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

Because there are folks on there who are truly psychopathic. This is the forum where someone posted literally shitting on someone's grave. Where someone posted about making plans to shoot up their college. Where someone posted dousing a cat with lighter fluid and setting it on fire. You have NO idea what the person on the other end of the death threat is capable of. You're not going to risk your family's safety because you assume that they're all 17 year old skinny geeks with no lives.

well duh

/XX/

I wouldn't be surprised if it was those shitstains from /sp/.
Come on, man! Except for the flags bringing the heat of some /pol/ & /int/ rejects, and the occasional TORRES moment, /sp/artans can be no worse than any other board.

And it doesn't matter if they flock to other boards. They just need to tighten up the moderation and IP ban that scum from the site.
Not even all the proxy servers in the world could contain Accelspammer's wrath, but good luck outing a continuous stream of those you deem undesirable users.

Because there are folks on there who are truly psychopathic. This is the forum where someone posted literally shitting on someone's grave. Where someone posted about making plans to shoot up their college. Where someone posted dousing a cat with lighter fluid and setting it on fire. You have NO idea what the person on the other end of the death threat is capable of. You're not going to risk your family's safety because you assume that they're all 17 year old skinny geeks with no lives.

Also, even if you assume the death threats won't be carried out, the harassment still affected his personal and business lives. If people are calling 911, making bomb threats, reporting drug use, etc. at your residence or business, you will quickly become exhausted. If people are calling your place of business and practically jamming the lines by yelling slurs at you or pretending to be potential clients to waste your time, you will become exhausted. And what happens when people start phoning your friends and family? I suppose you could wait a few months for this to blow over, but will it ever? What if it dies down but 6 months from now you wake up with a SWAT team breaking down your door because some asshole essentially summoned them to your home? How about the occasional bomb threat made at your place of business? What about people impersonating you and threatening other people? It doesn't have to happen frequently for it to ruin your life. So even if the threats of physical harm were empty, the harassment could still significantly impact a person's life.

PKrockin

Yeah, figured /fit/ didn't have anything to do with it. /b/ is a shithole, even the entirety of 4chan can agree on that.

Maron

Isn't it obvious? Even if you don't like Zyzz, he clearly represents the stereotypical image of what lots of guys wish they could be.

WzpLF9y.jpg

I mean looking at stuff like this... Of course people want to be like him. People that are too scared to show that kind of attitude to any girl. I'm not saying it's right but it's no mystery.

Alleged? He admitted it lol.

Haha wow I thought only his brother admitted it, I read on Wiki he denied ever using them.

TCKaos

The newer /fit/ isn't amazing, but they wouldn't do any kind of shit like this. At most you get pseudo-homoerotic mirin but never death threats and shit.

Apparently there's some form of metadata extractable from images posted to 4Chan and other image boards that make it very easy to figure out your location, which leads to doxxing.

I think in this case someone just managed to find his linkedin and found his address.

MDR1750

Neo Member
I'm a fan of scooby but I'm skeptical of all this.

I do believe that his personal info was leaked and he has been getting harassed, but I can't help but feel he is overstating what happened in order to paint a sympathetic image so he can transition from a free site to a paid site without massive backlash from his fans.

Imagine if he just announced the new paid site, the end of his free site, and there was no 4chan story behind it. His fans would be furious and call him a sell out, etc.

If he wants to monetize his advice he has every right to do so, but I can't help but feel this 4chan thing is just being used to save face.

If I was a youtube personality who had a real fear for my family's safety I wouldn't be keeping my hundreds of videos up or be launching a new site with my picture on the front page.

Buzzati

Banned

I do believe that his personal info was leaked and he has been getting harassed, but I can't help but feel he is overstating what happened in order to paint a sympathetic image so he can transition from a free site to a paid site without massive backlash from his fans.

Imagine if he just announced the new paid site, the end of his free site, and there was no 4chan story behind it. His fans would be furious and call him a sell out, etc.

If he wants to monetize his advice he has every right to do so, but I can't help but feel this 4chan thing is just being used to save face.

If I was a youtube personality who had a real fear for my family's safety I wouldn't be keeping my hundreds of videos up or be launching a new site with my picture on the front page.

These are my thoughts exactly.

Hasnt he been doing the videos for ever though? Why monetize now? Besides he prolly gets tons of dough through YouTube ads

Can someone please PM me the links to download Scooby's videos that were supposedly archived on /fit/? (Is this allowed to ask on GAF? lol) I can't seem to find the links.

I'm computer-less for a week so i'm only mobile for now so scooby might take his videos down during the time I have no computer to download and watch these videos. Thanks.

rvy

Banned
/b/ is massive. Shutting it down means a ton of people won't bother trying to find something new. Which, in-turn, means that they have a harder time ruining other people's lives and are less likely to do that, since the new communities in other places will be smaller and spread out.

Nearly spilled all my drink. You clearly have no idea how /b/ works. Shutting down 4Chan as a whole would be meaninlgless, let alone /b/.
Also bear in mind that 90% of the population in /b/ is nothing but socially awkward fuck-ups with above-average IQ, and the 10% who will ruin your life don't need /b/ for that.

Zeppelin

/b/ is the price you pay for anonymity. A price well worth paying. Also, how the fuck would IP banning have any effect what so ever?

stn

Need some input, don't understand half the stuff going on here...

1. Who is Zyzz?
2. What does it mean to be "dox'd"?
3. What does /b mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom