• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular gaming franchises you don't give a f*ck about

772dc5c19f824ae3c8f041d95988d844.png

poodaddy

Battlefield, Warcraft, Fortnite, DOTA, Counterstrike, Tomb Raider, essentially all multiplayer titles across the board, essentially all weeb bullshit across the board.

TaroYamada

A few:
  • AssCreed
  • Gears of War
  • Animal Crossing
  • The Last of Us
  • Just about anything Blizzard makes
  • COD
  • Madden/Fifa/NBA 2k/etc.
  • As some other's are mentioning Far Cry -- where it is as an IP, I liked the first game way back when on Xbox and even thought the sequel was OK. Then I quit caring.
Regarding Smash, which I see a lot of folks mentioning. I have a serious disdain for the competitive community around it, but the game itself is fine when perceived as targeting fun for children + adults and as a party title. Which is really how it's designed and intended to be viewed. From the above list the only games that seriously annoy me are AssCreed and Gears of War. The rest I kind of just ignore but I'm perturbed that when I say Odyssey more folks think of Assassin's Creed than the far superior Super Mario Odyssey.

Last edited:

Orenji Neko

Call of Duty
Uncharted
Last of Us
Battlefield -I like old ones however。
Watch Dogs
Assassins Creed
Star Wars - Love old Star Wars games however。Like Knights。
Spiderman - I dislike western super heroes anyway except Batman。
Borderlands
Fortnite
Kingdom Hearts
Minecraft
God of War
PUBG
Soul games -Boring I like Ninja Ryukenden or Gaiden for hard games and クclassic exciting hard games like arcade。
Modern Street Fighter- Dash Zero SSFIIX and 3RD Strike for me only。

However I do not claim listed がgames are bad。Most but not all are well made but happen to not be entertaining or interesting to me。 I do not automatic say it is shit just if I do not simply possess interest。

Aion002

Everything from Nintendo.
Everything from Bethesda.
Far Cry series.
Everything from Ninja Theory.
All platformer series (Sonic, Crash, LbP and so on).
All fighting series (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and etc).

Last edited:
Any and all sports and racing games. Most console shooters, especially Halo and Gears. All the big Sony exclusives other than Bloodborne. Anything Blizzard has done since 2012. Anything by CD Projekt Red. Anything Bioware has done since KOTOR. Anything by Activision except Sekiro. Anything by Ubisoft. All BR games. Roguelikes in general. Fighting games not made by Capcom, SNK or ArcSys, especially Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros.

Carna

Banned
The closest thing that Castlevania ever interested me, was the N64 game that I noticed people weren't particularly fond of

I don't like Mario either

all of them haha

the last of us
uncharted
god of war
gears
halo
forza horizon
smash
3d metroid
call of duty
battlefield

icandothisallday.gif

RPSleon

That ubisoft game with the high up places that unlock more of the map and 500 icons.

Halo (i tried. Played the original three and they didnt click with me at all.)

Sports.

Fighting.

Borderlands.

Bartski

Gold Member
Most of Ubisoft and EA triple-A franchise output and most of Nintendo. I haven't played a sports game since Sensible Soccer on Amiga 500 and the whole e-sports scene is totally alien to me

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Pokemon and Call of Duty for me. Never played a Pokemon game, only finished one campaign for CoD and never cared for its brand of multiplayer.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Animal Crossing...like...what?
Among Us...huh?
Fortnite...*burp*
Madden - it's the same fucking game every damn year
FIFA - I prefer to hold my balls, not kick them, thank you very much.
Some Racing - I tried to love Forza, Drive Club, Gran Turismo and the like. I like Mario Kart... Midnight Club, Wipeout and Waverace64

Ar¢tos

It's much easier to list the ones I care about:
- FromSoftware "Souls" Games
- God of War
- a few indies
Everything else could be wiped out of the planet and I wouldn't even notice.

sublimit

Banned
Halo
Gears of War
GTA
COD
Battlefield
Far Cry
Watch Dogs
Diablo
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
World of Warcraft
Starcraft
Street Fighter
Crysis
Doom
Fortnite
League of Legends
Ghost Recon
Borderlands
Wolfenstein
Need for Speed
Spider Man
Splinter Cell
Dead Rising
Almost every sports game
Pikmin
Pokemon
Smash Bros
Minecraft
SIMS
Animal Crossing

And i'm sure there are a lot more i'm forgetting

adamosmaki

Anything Ubisoft (southpark aside)
Anything EA ( BF4 was the last EA game i gave a damn)
Anything Activision-Blizzard
Any fighting, sport game ( driving games aside)
Fortnite/PubG/Apex and pretty much all the MP games that are for some reason crazy popular

Anything "cinematic, but really we mean you get dozens of cutscenes and very little, and very shallow gameplay, but it looks so pretty so you love us now right?!"

Also the witcher.

zcaa0g

Banned
All Nintendo franchises and while not a franchise, Fast RMX needs to be on other platforms dammit! It's the only reason I got a Switch.

PooBone

Zelda
Mario
Cod
Halo
Ratchet and Clank
Assassins Creed
Battlefield
Call of Duty
Fortnite
Ratchet and Clank
Dark/Demon Souls
Sonic
GTA
The Sims
Monster Hunter
Pokemon
Minecraft
Apex Legends
Destiny
Borderlands
Party games featuring Nintendo characters, like Mario Tennis, Mario Party, or Smash Bros.
Kingdom Hearts
Gundam
Ratchet & Clank
Dynasty Warriors
Rabbids

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy.

Just not my thing I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Bakkus

FIFA (thank goodness I now have friends which cares about more than just this shit gaming wise), COD, Halo, Animal Crossing, Assassin's Creed, Every single western Sony franchise which started out after 2002-ish, Gears of War, everything Bioware has ever made, plus probably several more i'm forgetting.

Bakkus

Regarding Smash, which I see a lot of folks mentioning. I have a serious disdain for the competitive community around it, but the game itself is fine when perceived as targeting fun for children + adults and as a party title. Which is really how it's designed and intended to be viewed
There are so many deep mechanics to the game that this is just flat out wrong. To make this claim, then you're putting it on level with the likes of Mario Party which couldn't be further from the truth.

pretty much any and all sports game.
most of EA, Epic and Activision's output.
most fighting games (including Smash).
AssCreed after the 2nd one I really didn't pay any attention to.
most Nintendo games, not because they're bad or anything thou.
everything COD.
I'm pretty sure there's more, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Top Bottom