• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible publisher of The Conduit...

aeolist

Banned
I always find it hard to reconcile screens and video footage of this game with each other. Yeah, it's not the greatest-looking game ever, but the videos make it look pretty nice.

The screens are always just awful though.

KevinCow

Banned
Jesus, what the hell happened to the game in those screens? It's like they took ten steps backwards.

ksamedi said:
This will be the best first person shooter on the Wii untill Redsteel 2 hits.
What makes you think Red Steel 2 will be good? Given Ubi's latest Wii releases and the fact that we haven't seen anything on it yet, I don't have much faith. And I enjoyed the first one.

ksamedi

KevinCow said:
Jesus, what the hell happened to the game in those screens? It's like they took ten steps backwards.

What makes you think Red Steel 2 will be good? Given Ubi's latest Wii releases and the fact that we haven't seen anything on it yet, I don't have much faith. And I enjoyed the first one.

I liked the first one too and I think that they are taking their time with the second one. The fact that it is not rushed makes me believe that it will be top quality. And the use of motion plus will eliminate some of the flaws of the first one, namely the pretty bad swordfighting.

dk_ said:
Ugh, what happened to the graphics?

Nothing. Those screens are just shit. We've all seen it in motion and most will agree it's a good looking game for Wii.

As for this news, I'm pretty thrilled. SEGA are definitely the publisher most likely to give the game a real chance in succeeding in the market. NiGHTS, Samba, etc have all received good advertising and there's definitely much more interest in the gaming community for The Conduit.

Also, it's very interesting to hear it will be using motionplus. Clearly motionplus dev kits have been out for a while now, which is promising for Wii's 2009 lineup. I wonder how the game will use it though...

beef3483

aeolist said:
I always find it hard to reconcile screens and video footage of this game with each other. Yeah, it's not the greatest-looking game ever, but the videos make it look pretty nice.

The screens are always just awful though.

The biggest things about the screens is the aliasing, which always looks better when the game is in motion. I'm really digging the affects, though. You can tell they learned a thing or two from Retro with how they highlight textures with some neon colors and use them with the weaponry.

_Alkaline_ said:
Also, it's very interesting to hear it will be using motionplus. Clearly motionplus dev kits have been out for a while now, which is promising for Wii's 2009 lineup. I wonder how the game will use it though...

We’re hooking it [MotionPlus] up,” Nofsinger told Multiplayer. “We want to support it. Probably for this version of the game there’s not going to be a whole ton of really extensive use of the Wii MotionPlus. For the sequel to the game, we definitely do want to incorporate more melee and things like that. We want to support it.

Top Bottom