• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of the city you live in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchistry

I live in a suburb just outside of Oklahoma City. It really isn't a bad place, and however backwards and dumb some people are, I've never been anywhere were the people are as nice. That being said... when i graduate I want to GTFO of here:lol
400px-Photo-okc6.jpg

Oh and you're welcome for these guys :)

Flaming-Lips-scream.jpg

thespot84

^^^ I want to visit Vancouver like you wouldn't believe. Any Vancouverites here been to Denver? I hear they're quire similar. (When Hollywood wants to make a movie set in Denver, they film in Vancouver because of CA's tax incentives :D )

tak said:
I thought I was the only person from Colorado on this board.

By my very rough estimate I'd say there are around 6-8 of us. A local friend actually introduced me to GAF.

ymmv said:
It's interesting how Breslau still looks like a German town.

Seeing how after the Russians bombed the city to shit, the reconstruction aimed to put everything back to exactly how it was when the city was in German hands, it's not really much of a surprise.

Sad_Panda

Nancy, France (pics stolen shamelessly from Google) :

place-stanislas-nancy.jpg

Place Stanislas is quite a sight by night.

pt26671.jpg

p118571-nancy_france-porte_de_la_craffe1.jpg

1puqtv.jpg

Beautiful town, but my neighborhood looks like total shit :lol

I live in such a small, ugly, boring place compared to all these awesome photos. I wish I could pack up and move somewhere nice near the water, but my job is too secure right now.

I kind of envy my older siblings because my dad was in the military when they were growing up, so they were used to moving around a lot and didn't have any home sick issues as adults. For me, I kind of freak out if live more than three hours away from my family.

Agalloch

Arezzo,ancient small city in Tuscany, half an hour from Florence, Siena, and like 100 medieval villages :lol

Inhabited since prehistoric times, here are born Michelangelo, Petrarch, Vasari, Piero della Francesca, Guido d'Arezzo (monk creator of musical notation ,staff and do re mi notes),Roberto Benigni etc. ..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love the old parts of my city. It's like being in Europe, but without being there! (images also stolen from Google)

tvhd_296_g.jpg

1204_raw_quebec_theatre.jpg

25-Quebec%20city%20ramparts.JPG

164517-canon-vieux-quebec-temoigne-histoire.jpg

vieux_quebec.jpg

23109616ca8d2e8cb5b3op.jpg

happy_400_years.jpg

soco said:
i used to walk by that so many times a week. lived a little further down the wiedner hauptstrasse for a few years and then just up on the linke wienzeile.

god i love that city.
That's cool :) During university I walk there at least once a day too. Pretty cool university as well.

edit: Ah, nice. I spent 4 weeks in Montreal two years ago (also did daytrips to Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto and Niagara Falls) and it's awesome there. I hate how they speak French though. At that time I was learning French for 4 years and I didn't understand shit :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
close to the edge said:
That's cool :) During university I walk there at least once a day too. Pretty cool university as well.

edit: Ah, nice. I spent 4 weeks in Montreal two years ago (also did daytrips to Ottawa, Quebec City, Toronto and Niagara Falls) and it's awesome there. I hate how they speak French though. At that time I was learning French for 4 years and I didn't understand shit :lol

Yeah, but the old parts of Quebec city is a big tourist zone, almost every stores/restaurants in there probably require their employees to know english. I mean we get people from all over the world here, i see germans, japaneses, americans, people from latin america, etc. all the time when i go there. If you can only speak french, im sure you cant even get a job.(at least, one that require to speak to customers, people making burgers at Mcdonalds probably dont need that :lol )

kharma45

elseanio said:
Was announced today that Derry won their bid! European Capital of Culture did wonders for my city, so lets hope this new incarnation will do just as much for other UK cities.
Hopefully it will, can't make things any worse! (bar our rates going up)

Bisnic said:
Yeah, but the old parts of Quebec city is a big tourist zone, almost every stores/restaurants in there probably require their employees to know english. I mean we get people from all over the world here, i see germans, japaneses, americans, people from latin america, etc. all the time when i go there. If you can only speak french, im sure you cant even get a job.(at least, one that require to speak to customers, people making burgers at Mcdonalds probably dont need that :lol )
Yeah, I know. I lived in one of the English dominated suburbs of Montreal but I went there to try to improve my French (among other things) and this didn't work out too well. Great place though, I definitely want to go back there someday.

batbeg

Anarchistry said:
I live in a suburb just outside of Oklahoma City. It really isn't a bad place, and however backwards and dumb some people are, I've never been anywhere were the people are as nice. That being said... when i graduate I want to GTFO of here:lol
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/41/Photo-okc6.jpg/400px-Photo-okc6.jpg

Oh and you're welcome for these guys :)

http://vsa.vassar.edu/orgs/vice/files/2010/03/Flaming-Lips-scream.jpg

Which suburb? I'm over in Midwest City, though having been here about eight months it still feels pretty new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom