• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Spider Man 2 opinion: and now?

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
That is not a thing, that is straight up mental gymnastics
The mental gymnastics come from you.

“That is not a thing”. Facts are not a thing? Game was co-developed by a 3rd party and in-house team. Don’t agree? Cool. Move on then.

Last edited:
Woke garbage that is doing incredible damage to Sony and their PlayStation brand. Now when they have Microsoft on the ropes, they pull this arrogant stupid shit. Sony just can't handle prosperity and market leadership. Hope they pay a heavy price for this.

Jim Carrey What GIF

Woke garbage that is doing incredible damage to Sony and their PlayStation brand. Now when they have Microsoft on the ropes, they pull this arrogant stupid shit. Sony just can't handle prosperity and market leadership. Hope they pay a heavy price for this.
This is like videos of idiots on Tik Tok dancing in public. Why don't they have any shame? Why aren't they embarrassed?

OT: Games take a long time to make now, it is what it is. Helldivers looks fun, we are about due to see what Bluepoint is up to, Sucker Punch too. We know some other studios have been cooking stuff up too, so a few surprises in the future. But yea, we are definitely in a quality over quantity generation, can't really have misses because there are only a few big releases per year.

Last edited:

Zheph

We are all waiting to see what the pther teams are cooking:

Corey new game
Bend
Sucker punch
Bluepoint
New nd game
no mate, Sony has told all the studios to do fuck all while paying them. What's the point of making those games that have been a huge success for the company... Playstation is DEAD #jaffe

GymWolf

no mate, Sony has told all the studios to do fuck all while paying them. What's the point of making those games that have been a huge success for the company... Playstation is DEAD #jaffe
they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

They just need to royally fuck off with all those gaas future projects and we are gold.

ProtoByte

We are all waiting to see what the other teams are cooking:

Corey new game
Bend
Sucker punch
Bluepoint
New nd game
Barlog's game is a guaranteed quality mark.
Bend is unfortunately working on multiplayer shit.
Sucker Punch is good for a lot of people, but I'm personally not enamoured by Ghost of Tsushima. If there was ever a 1st party sequel that needed an overhaul, it would be that one.
Bluepoint is a total question mark to me. We've never seen them do their own shit, so it will be interesting.
I swear to god, Naughty Dog better be making a new IP. Leave TLOU3 for very late PS5 or PS6. We don't want anymore TLOU spamming.

Obviously, Wolverine and Horizon 3 are this gen... maybe Spider-Man 3, but I almost hope not.

gow3isben

1 GOTY contender a year is not enough. It is less than the output they had in the past. They need 2-4 GOTY level titles a year.

They damn well wasted Naughty Dog on a failed GAAS project otherwise I'll bet they would have had a GOTY level game come out this year as well.

The games are coming, every year PlayStation will have at least one GOTY contender, promised and guaranteed. I know the Jim Ryan era of communication has been frustrating but that's irrelevant, all the studios have been working on stuff, not talking about any of the GaaS bullshit. Don't know why you or anyone wouldn't have faith in a company that has delivered the goods generation in and generation out, every year like clockwork.
Well they'll have no Insomniac game to save them next year that's for certain, they better hope Sucker Punch has something.

tmlDan

Just wait and see? I don't get this obsession with what is Sony doing or what is MS doing......especially this year, there have been TOO MANY GAMES.

If all you game for is the exclusive titles by MS and Sony you have a problem, go on X and complain to the weirdos on there.

2022 was bad for MS cause it was a slow year all around for gaming and MS suffered the most, otherwise this year, and the beginning of next year, are looking super strong.

Last edited:

Rockman33

The games are coming, every year PlayStation will have at least one GOTY contender, promised and guaranteed. I know the Jim Ryan era of communication has been frustrating but that's irrelevant, all the studios have been working on stuff, not talking about any of the GaaS bullshit. Don't know why you or anyone wouldn't have faith in a company that has delivered the goods generation in and generation out, every year like clockwork.
OP mentioned it above. Theres only been one new IP in 3 years released. And they have nothing confirmed except wolverine.

kaizenkko

Sucker Punch is good for a lot of people, but I'm personally not enamoured by Ghost of Tsushima. If there was ever a 1st party sequel that needed an overhaul, it would be that one.
Bluepoint is a total question mark to me. We've never seen them do their own shit, so it will be interesting.
I swear to god, Naughty Dog better be making a new IP. Leave TLOU3 for very late PS5 or PS6. We don't want anymore TLOU spamming.

Obviously, Wolverine and Horizon 3 are this gen... maybe Spider-Man 3, but I almost hope not.
How do you know Bend is doing a multiplayer game? All we know is that is a open-world game with multiplayer elements, and a lot of games fit in the same description: Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Borderlands, etc.

tmlDan

OP mentioned it above. Theres only been one new IP in 3 years released. And they have nothing confirmed except wolverine.
tbf Fairgames, Concord and Wolverine. Whether you like or dismiss GaaS they're new IP.

Returnal was the 1 new IP you're referring to i assume.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Next year is a mystery for the whole industry it seems, which new games that aren’t yearly garbage are announced for next year?

kaizenkko

Next year is a mystery for the whole industry it seems, which new games that aren’t yearly garbage are announced for next year?
In fact, Sony have some of the best games planned to release in 2024: FF VII Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, etc. All those games looks great, and despite being first-party titles or no, all game are founded by Sony in a certain way.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Just wait and see? I don't get this obsession with what is Sony doing or what is MS doing......especially this year, there have been TOO MANY GAMES.

If all you game for is the exclusive titles by MS and Sony you have a problem, go on X and complain to the weirdos on there.

2022 was bad for MS cause it was a slow year all around for gaming and MS suffered the most, otherwise this year, and the beginning of next year, are looking super strong.
There are a select few in here that are only here because it's a Sony topic. Somehow, Insomniac "saved" Sony this year, but didn't last year, or the year before, or the year before that. Therefore, it's a nothing statement, but still, folks have to show their true colors.

And I agree that the "worrying" has become obsessive. It's not like there is nothing to play.

GymWolf

I have similar opinions but isn't bend doing a single player open world?

Tsushima was basically an ubisoft open world with good art design and better combat, the whole honor thing was cringe as fuck and just downright stupid, i hope they get rid of that shit in the sequel, and the villain was good for like 2 hours, the margin of improvements are GIGANTIC.
(And i would take a new infamous over that one every day of the week)

Well they'll have no Insomniac game to save them next year that's for certain, they better hope Sucker Punch has something.

Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin both next year, FFVII Rebirth next year, Wolverine possible but who knows. 2 of the above are guaranteed GOTY contenders, what exactly are we talking about?

Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin both next year, FFVII Rebirth next year, Wolverine possible but who knows. 2 of the above are guaranteed GOTY contenders, what exactly are we talking about?
No dates for 3 of those not sure about FFVII, and Wolverine got no chance coming next year, so what you talking about?

Last edited:
No dates for 3 of those not sure about FFVII, and Wolverine got no chance coming next year, so what you talking about?

Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin are both coming next year, the fact that we don't have dates is irrelevant. What are you not sure about with FFVII? What are we talking about sweetheart? Here, let me help you. At least 3 out of the 4 games I mentioned are coming next year, two of them will be GOTY contenders, let's bet our avatars, no more talking necessary 😙

Based on what?
Reality, Insomniac literally just released their biggest game ever they would have had all hands on it for probably the last 4 months to get it in a shippable state. It got revealed 2 years ago with a CGI trailer, you're expecting a release 3 years later? no chance unless it's a small AA title which it isn't.

Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin are both coming next year, the fact that we don't have dates is irrelevant. What are you not sure about with FFVII? What are we talking about sweetheart? Here, let me help you. At least 3 out of the 4 games I mentioned are coming next year, two of them will be GOTY contenders, let's bet our avatars, no more talking necessary 😙
You got it babe, who picks the new ones?

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Reality, Insomniac literally just released their biggest game ever they would have had all hands on it for probably the last 4 months to get it in a shippable state. It got revealed 2 years ago with a CGI trailer, you're expecting a release 3 years later? no chance unless it's a small AA title which it isn't.
Spider-Man was not revealed with a prerendered on PC trailer.

Regardless, we have no idea if they have been working on Wolverine or not in the past few years. Naughty Dog, for example, was working on The Last of Us at the same time they were "hands on deck" with Uncharted 3, which is why it released just under 1.5 years later.

Sure, there's no guarantee of that here, but there's also no guarantee that it skips 2024 either.

Last edited:
Oooo, you're making me hard 🥰 We do. Deadline is the Game Awards 2024, 2 out of the possible 4 I mentioned need to be nominated, it's reeeeal simple.

Edit: and the avatar will only be used for a month, I'll show you mercy 👌

Last edited:
Spider-Man was not revealed with a prerendered on PC trailer.

Regardless, we have no idea if they have been working on Wolverine or not in the past few years. Naughty Dog, for example, was working on The Last of Us at the same time they were "hands on deck" with Uncharted 3, which is why it released just under 1.5 years later.

Sure, there's no guarantee of that here, but there's also no guarantee that it skips 2024 either.
If Insomniac produces a AAA game next year then they're the best developer in the world by a huge margin, I just can't imagine they can though but we shall see.

Yeah Sony, stop giving people the games they care for. Instead come up with something different just so people can masturbate to how weird and unusual these unsuccessful games are.

It's also a funny whiplash from "stop making these multiplayer GAAS AAA games" after all the complaining how Sony kept making the same types of games.

kaizenkko

What about Spider-Man 2? They reveil it on 2021 PS Showcase with only one teaser and just shown the first gameplay in may 2023. I don't believe Wolverine would be release next year, but it's possible and the fact that there's little information don't proves nothing. Sony change drastically the way they manage their releases.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Yeah Sony, stop giving people the games they care for. Instead come up with something different just so people can masturbate to how weird and unusual these unsuccessful games are.

It's also a funny whiplash from "stop making these multiplayer GAAS AAA games" after all the complaining how Sony kept making the same types of games.
People want more variety in the single player department, first person adventure games, smaller stylized titles like Hi-Fi Rush that you can churn out in a few years time on a modest budget. Instead Sony went ahead with green lighting a bunch of soon to be failed live service shooters in a completely oversatured market and have left everyone with rumors of a HZD remake and Wolverine.

If it wasn't for moneyhatting games like Ghostwire Tokyo, Final Fantasy and Phantom Blade Zero there would be absolute zero variety in the console exclusive portfolio save for Demon Souls, which was a remake.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

I like PlayStation as much as the next man. I heavily favored their PS3 and 4 consoles. Uncharted was new. Last of Us, new. Heavy Rain. Infamous. The Order. Demon Souls and Bloodborne. Death Stranding. Many others can be named but these I enjoyed the most. Killzone Shadowfall multiplayer was phenomenal. Best online shooter I’ve ever played. The chirp of a confirmed kill? Glorious.

PS5 has been primarily remakes. Uncharted 4 again. Demon Souls, again. Death Stranding, TLOU. Over the shoulder GOW and Horizon do nothing for me. Ghost of Tsushima is a glorified Ubisoft game. Had my attention in the beginning then the map 🗺️ opened up… I’m out. Bigger isn’t always better.

Where are the new games???? Where Sony???

I’ve seen enough Spiderman.

God of War isn’t an open world game.

Then there’s the focus on VR. Sony has always had these little side projects. PSP. PS Eye. PS Move. Now there’s VR. I dunno, feels like a waste of resources to me as I prefer a traditional tv controller experience. Not strapping shit to me my head.

Be more like Nintendo. Fuck what everyone else is doing. Be yourself. Be creative. Take risks and try new things. It’s what brought you to the dance. Your bread and butter.

Studios are playing safer than ever now that development costs are at an all-time high, not to mention, dev cycles are 5+ years even for sequels, new IPs can take up to 7+ years (Ghost of Tsushima was one of them). No wonder we didn't see shit yet, and it doesn't help when the delivery from a studio like Naughty Dog in the current gen is a Remake for a title that already received a remaster in the previous gen.

Insomniac, Bluepoint, and Housemarque were the only studios that delivered true current-gen titles early in the PS5's life cycle. Meanwhile, every other studio is doing who knows what (rhetoric question. They're developing their next big projects but have nothing to show yet).

This generation is kinda sad tbh. Not blaming anyone because the Pandemic had the world upside down for almost 3 years... and now inflation. I know games are coming eventually like Wolverine, Horizon 3, TLoU 3, Twisted Metal, Ghost 2, New GoW but can't deny I want new IPs. Thank God I do most of my gaming on PC.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

People just want more of "their type" of games being made. It's very difficult to engage with gamers from a strategic level.

I also think there's a huge element of this going on...

quote-if-i-had-asked-people-what-they-wanted-they-would-have-said-faster-horses-henry-ford-34-79-88.jpg

"subscription platforms like Game Pass"

The trend towards subscription plans started before game pass. Apple Music launched in 2015. I know some of you are so eager to blame Mr Spencer and Microsoft for everything, but they were just acting on where they could see things were going. This was the right thing to do, at the right time.
Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I didn't even Preorder Spider Man 2 and I platinum SM1.
But this is more do do with nothing being available for the physical release other then the game itself.
Even the Collector's Edition which comes with a Steelbook is a Digital Edition.
So other than playing it on release, what incentive do I have to purchase it day one.
Might as well wait for a sale.
And while the game is good from what been reported, the other stuff being reported like the bugs and woke stuff (I ain't bothered by the pride flags, they was there before) it's just pushing my purchase further out.
And it's a shame because I believe the team deserves my money but quality checks and a leash on their staffs own opinions and views need to be check.
Like any business, leave that shit at the door.
As for the future, that depends on the person taking over from Jim, but I ain't holding my breath.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Instead Sony went ahead with green lighting a bunch of soon to be failed live service shooters
Really? What are the games?

As for variety on PS5, let me tell you — LittleBIGPlanet feels just like The Last Of Us, which felt so much like Gran Turismo. Hell, when I'm playing Spider-Man, it feels like a re-skinned Ratchet, which feels like a colorful Demon's Souls! Need to get that variety in check!!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
People just want more of "their type" of games being made. It's very difficult to engage with gamers from a strategic level.

I also think there's a huge element of this going on...
Isnt that also apply to you? You like GaaS and live service games so you want to more that type game being made.

Top Bottom