• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prepare yourselves, Steam Summer Sale is coming (19 June to 30 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

The Divinity OS devs you mean? For that matter can I go into Divinity OS without having played the past Divinity games?
Yes, absolutely. The story connections between all the Divinity games are tenuous at best.
Buy it now

I always manage to minimize my backlog by checking if the game publisher is fucking over Europe with 1$=1€ pricing and not buying the game if they are. At this point about 90% of games on Steam are like this. Euro-Steam is fucking terrible and I've moved on to using Amazon US and GMG exclusively.

Santiako

i0i6foFGDq0Ts.gif

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Probably won't be buying a lot this year, there are only a couple games that have come out in the past year that I'd be willing to specifically add to my backlog.

Besides that, those Steam Sales are frequently not all they're cracked up to be.

Agreed, there are just too many competing sales now and the discounts/bundles are frequently much better than (if not equivalent to) what Steam puts up during the sale. The only reason I really watch it now is to take advantage of any pricing errors.

Agreed, there are just too many competing sales now and the discounts/bundles are frequently much better than (if not equivalent to) what Steam puts up during the sale. The only reason I really watch it now is to take advantage of any pricing errors.

I rarely buy games on Steam because of the Euro prices. Other sites always beat them. Like right now GMG has Arkham City $4.99 - Steam is not going to be that cheap ever because of the $1=€1 conversion which would make it €4.99.

hwateber

Yup gonna set a budget this year....Oh but that game's only five bucks. This one's got a bundle with all the DLC? Two dollar flash deal? Shiiiiiiiiiet

BobLoblaw

Banned
Works for me. Been clearing out some backlogged games and I'm actually looking forward to this. Too bad I'm still on games released in 2011-12 and there's no way any new games I buy get played this year.

kewlmyc

Can't wait to buy games I'll never play.

Looking forward to:

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
South Park
Resident Evil Revelations HD
Skullgirls
Saints Row IV
Rise of the Triad

Danneee

That settles it, any plans I had about buying any games this week are delayed til next week.

Must. Only. Buy. Wish listed. Games.

gdt

I've got a few games I'm looking for. Don't expect to spend more than like $80 this year. Nice and light hopefully.

Saving for a Wii U really. Those exclusives are stacking up over there.

Man, I need to work on a list.

Skyrim legendary for 7.49 or less....what else...hmmm a few indies I hoped would show in a humble bundle that didn't. Holding out foolish hope for an activision actual sale. Would love to play through the cods sp, but not for the recent prices.

I went way overboard last summer and in the winter, so I need to be more careful this go around.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I figured it'd start on the 19th as Mysterious Cards replaced coupons as a crafting reward yesterday and there were 9 days between this and the Winter Sale last year. I'm not happy about Valve moving the sale forward to June again, though. I was expecting it to begin mid'ish July as it has the past two years, so I won't be spending much money and thus will have to wait until the end of the year before I can splurge.

I rarely buy games on Steam because of the Euro prices. Other sites always beat them. Like right now GMG has Arkham City $4.99 - Steam is not going to be that cheap ever because of the $1=€1 conversion which would make it €4.99.
If it was always a $1=€1 conversion then there would not be so much variance as evidenced via Steamprices. That is to say publishers may be able to set the exchange rates. But maybe older games are grandfathered into a $1=€1 conversion.

If Dark Souls 2 goes on Sale - I'm buying!

I have NEVER played a Souls game, so this could finally be my entry to the series.

And it'll be with the preferred, PC version.

SparkTR

There's too much garbage on Steam now and there are too few good games coming out each year (so I've already bought them long before they went on sale) so it's been years since I've bought anything on a Steam sale.

There are a ton of good games coming out each year, feels like more now than any years prior.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If it was always a $1=€1 conversion then there would not be so much variance as evidenced via Steamprices. That is to say publishers may be able to set the exchange rates. But maybe older games are grandfathered into a $1=€1 conversion.

Publishers can set their own prices, but by default Steam converts $1 to €1.

The-Bean

If Dark Souls 2 goes on Sale - I'm buying!

I have NEVER played a Souls game, so this could finally be my entry to the series.

And it'll be with the preferred, PC version.

Why not just start with Dark Souls 1? It will almost certainly be on sale, and for cheaper. By the time you're finished maybe DS2 will be on sale, cheaper again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom