• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey(2017) is 50% off on Steam until August 29th.

jtb

Banned
PREY is the fucking GOAT. It fulfills the promise of everything I've wanted out of a game since Deus Ex came out.

Tadale

I recently got around to playing Prey on PS4 and it has really been a great time. I've enjoyed it more than Dishonored and Deus Ex - I think the single connected environment makes a big difference for me.

Harlequin

You appear to be grossly overlooking the fact that you're also sticking it to Arkane. If you strongly feel like you need to make a statement, then don't buy the game. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/action-henk/action-henk-g2a-piracy

I'm not overlooking that at all, it's a factor that I've given a lot of consideration and I agree that it's unfortunate that not supporting the publisher also means not supporting the developer but at the end of the day, I have to make a decision one way or the other and the decision I'm more comfortable with is to not support Bethesda.

As for that link, I was under the impression that cdkeys isn't "shady" in the way G2A is (but I'm not terribly familiar with all these key resellers so do correct me if I'm wrong). And really, at the end of the day this is not much different from buying a second-hand physical copy (which I would be doing in cases like this if it were possible for modern PC games).

Mifec

I'm not overlooking that at all, it's a factor that I've given a lot of consideration and I agree that it's unfortunate that not supporting the publisher also means not supporting the developer but at the end of the day, I have to make a decision one way or the other and the decision I'm more comfortable with is to not support Bethesda.

As for that link, I was under the impression that cdkeys isn't "shady" in the way G2A is (but I'm not terribly familiar with all these key resellers so do correct me if I'm wrong). And really, at the end of the day this is not much different from buying a second-hand physical copy (which I would be doing in cases like this if it were possible for modern PC games).

It's not. They buy boxed copies from low cost regions and sell you the code. You'll legit get a scan of the code in the box. Daxy is obv uneducated when it comes to cdkeys.

daxy

It's not. They buy boxed copies from low cost regions and sell you the code. You'll legit get a scan of the code in the box. Daxy is obv uneducated when it comes to cdkeys.

By all accounts, this is exactly what G2A does except it creates a marketplace for users to digitize and sell the keys themselves whereas Cdkeys just sends you the scan. It'd be naive to assume that the majority of the huge number of keys sold on G2A were stolen or bought with stolen credentials.

daxy

is this game spooky...

I'm usually too big of a wuss to play through horror games (read: anything remotely scary) but I managed to get through the demo just fine and plan to get the game down the line. Of course, that's assuming that the demo is representative of the rest of the game in terms of this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Because EA have the System Shock IP?

The IP was purchased wholesale by Night Dive back in 2015, having previously been sold by EA to Meadowbrook Insurance, the parent company of Star Insurance, which oversaw the closure of Looking Glass back in the day and inherited the copyright on the original games. That's how the upcoming System Shock remake and System Shock 3 came to be -- they're both projects Night Dive pursued after acquiring the IP.

Here's a good read on the history of Night Dive and how it rescued System Shock from the ever-frustrating void of legal limbo.

Top Bottom