• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

That bit got me as well, I've not encountered many jump scares but that one definitely got me!

Managed to kill it with 3 shotgun blasts. Have you spent any weapon upgrades? Also that psycho grenade should temporarily disable its powers

I definitely needed way more than 3 the first time I tried. I've upgraded the damage once, and I think one other part, but I'm locked out of further upgrades until I get Gunsmith I.

nOoblet16

Just had some bullshit happen to me, I was playing normally and going through the story and one of the NPCs I rescued was lying around dead for no apparent reason...and no one said a thing about it. Da fuk? The name of the NPC is Mikhaila.

Pygrus

I was pretty meh on the side characters so far, until I got to the crew quarters. The individual rooms of some of the characters have awesome voice clips.

Dr. Calveno is my favorite so far.

Just had some bullshit happen to me, I was playing normally and going through the story and one of the NPCs I rescued was lying around dead for no apparent reason...and no one said a thing about it. Da fuk? The name of the NPC is Mikhaila.

was that cause you didnt get her medicine?

nOoblet16

was that cause you didnt get her medicine?

Already said that I rescued her, everytime I'd go to my office shem January and Igwe would be there talking but when I went to Life support to stop Dhal from killing people in the Cargo hold she was still alive. Once I stopped Dhal and incapacitated him Igwe told me to come see him at Neuromod division but before going there I went to my office first and Mikhaila was lying dead in my office there.

Moff

wondering if anyone knows how to get to these npcs

need to kill 'em.

Danielle Sho - don't think i ever met her face to face throughout the quest line. do i have to use a power when you first meet her through the glass?

Harley Grainger - these four are in the IT supply closet...have looked high and low and can't find the keycard for it anywhere.
Maxine Ford
Richard Coveney
Steve Folson

getting into the it supply closet is one of the biggest mysteries of the game (next to why it's called prey in the first place) as far as I know, i googled a lot and found nothing

getting into the it supply closet is one of the biggest mysteries of the game (next to why it's called prey in the first place) as far as I know, i googled a lot and found nothing

Honestly, it probably is a more appropriate title than it was in the 2006 game.

Moff

Already said that I rescued her, everytime I'd go to my office shem January and Igwe would be there talking but when I went to Life support to stop Dhal from killing people in the Cargo hold she was still alive. Once I stopped Dhal and incapacitated him Igwe told me to come see him at Neuromod division but before going there I went to my office first and Mikhaila was lying dead in my office there.

The game is very buggy, especially late game. I had a bug towards the end that locked me out of a whole strain of endings and several sidequests.

Honestly, it probably is a more appropriate title than it was in the 2006 game.

How so?
I think starting a new franchise with a more fitting name would have made way more sense.

Alucrid

Banned

just figured it out.

kill nearly everyone on the station before turning in the coral scans. i only had Morgan Yu, Alex Yu, Danielle Sho, Harley Grainger, Maxine Ford, Richard Coveney and Steve Folson left. once your turn in the scans and dahl appears you'll be given a quest from him to hunt down those last four who were stuck in the IT closet. they relocate to the life support escape pod area and are mind controlled there.

ymgve

Is there any negative consequences to messing with the water/air supply in Life Support?
I noticed I got a sidequest where I could inject psychoactive stuff into the water supply, and now every fountain gives me a large Psi refill. But I wonder if that means I poison everyone else or some stuff like that?

d00d3n

Is there a way to power up the
Storage door in the Neuromod Fabrication lab?

Was powered up for me when I got there. Maybe the generator in the volunteer quarters? The room is also accessible from the second floor through a hole in the floor. If you mean the locked door inside the room, activate the engineering bot to open it.

Moff

Is there any negative consequences to messing with the water/air supply in Life Support?
I noticed I got a sidequest where I could inject psychoactive stuff into the water supply, and now every fountain gives me a large Psi refill. But I wonder if that means I poison everyone else or some stuff like that?

no it's just a very powerful reward for that sidequest

Just purchased digitally, while I wait a day for it to download one question. Does it seem to provide enough variety for multiple playthroughs?

Moff

Just purchased digitally, while I wait a day for it to download one question. Does it seem to provide enough variety for multiple playthroughs?

I don't think so, if anything you will realize during your first playthrough which skills are really worth it and which are useless. it's not like deus ex or dishonored where I knew I will do three throughways as stealth, ghost and terminator. prey is not balanced like that in my experience. I am in my second playthrough right now and I don't see anything I'd do differently unless I willingly cripple myself.

Wanderer5

So I got my first alien power and soon after in the Psychotronics area
I encountered a living human being, a prisoner, who I decided to let out and he gave me access to the armory nearby.

I think for now, I would dip into alien powers just a little bit, and I wonder how much power does it take for some possible consequences to kick in?

Just ran into an npc who sounded a lot like Walton Goggins, and it was... actually Walton Goggins.

GotY.

Also, I am seeing a pattern of Talos staff named after old EGM guys. I've seen Crispin Boyer and Demian Linn so far.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Uhhh, so my Q-Beam is straight up disappearing on me. I haven't even touched a Recycler. All I do is go up the elevator to the Arboretum, then the Deep Storage entrance, then Crew Quarters. This has happened twice.

Okay yeah the entrance from the Lobby to the Arboretum makes my Q-Beam disappear. Lmao wow what a bug

Moved the Q-Beam out of the first slot of my inventory grid and it took the next item, my GLOO Gun. Holy shit this is hilarious.

Foxxsoxx

I encountered a living human being, a prisoner, who I decided to let out and he gave me access to the armory nearby.

I think for now, I would dip into alien powers just a little bit, and I wonder how much power does it take for some possible consequences to kick in?

Consequences start very soon and get worse.

Totally recommend it though its a power trip.

Hmm, I picked up the blueprint for
Neuromods
in
Fabrication
and I guess along the way I triggered something which completed the quest to unblock the Fabrication license before its even blocked. That's a shame since I saw people saying it was a funny quest :S That's the downside of open ended games like this to me, you can easily complete quests before even receiving it and thus miss out on some story and dialogue.

I don't think so, if anything you will realize during your first playthrough which skills are really worth it and which are useless. it's not like deus ex or dishonored where I knew I will do three throughways as stealth, ghost and terminator. prey is not balanced like that in my experience. I am in my second playthrough right now and I don't see anything I'd do differently unless I willingly cripple myself.

Shit I was kinda hoping it'd be like Dishonored 2 in that regard. Oh well I'll still take one amazing play through anyway.

Moff

Just had a problem with this too. My solution was
using the level 3 Mimic skill, which allows you to mimic those flying bots, and then you can just fly straight up there
. From the inside of the area, I don't see any other accessible way. Disappointed that they made that area require a specific power, in a game where you otherwise have so much freedom.

you can goo your way up any wall. that's an important ability, not just for no power playthroughs, which is why you see many npcs doing exactly that early in the game.

shiba5

you can goo your way up any wall. that's an important ability, not just for no power playthroughs, which is why you see many npcs doing exactly that early in the game.

It was really far up which is why I didn't try that. Thought about it, but figured there would be another way.

Wonder if another npc
killed her
hmmmm.

I have entered Psychotronics and no alien power or whatsoever yet. What am I missing here?

nOoblet16

Finished the game, last quarter is kind of shit and boring. The ending..well I knew that was gonna happen. Overall a good game but certainly starts to slowly lose its charm around 50% into the game when it starts to become "Find the key: The game" and becomes quite meh around 75-80%. Both Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided are overall better games in terms of level design, encounter design, powers, combat, freedom and immersive "simness".

Wonder if another npc
killed her
hmmmm.

I reloaded and she was alive. It was a bug.

YaBish

Was lukewarm on this earlier on, but from all the impressions in here, I think I'd love this game. Loved both of the Dishonored games, so I think I'll give this one a go when there's a price cut and I have more time.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah idk, there's something busted about the transition to the Arboretum. I've tried everything I can think of but this game really wants my Q-Beam and GLOO Gun.

Stoze

Shit I was kinda hoping it'd be like Dishonored 2 in that regard. Oh well I'll still take one amazing play through anyway.
Don't take that as gospel, the game has it's own versions of no powers, pacifism, low/high chaos, etc. There's always going to be skills that are better to get based on your preferred playstyle for a current playthrough or ones that seem like no brainers, just like every immersive sim, but you can beat the game without using a single Neuromod. Anything is viable.

I'm only about halfway now but it's clearly a highly replayable game.

Anung

Un Rama
Huh, I just completed a space section and now I'm back in normal Gravity my left stick is hyper sensitive and my character jitters all over the place :/

Kard8p3

Is there a way to get past those barricades in the the lobby besides
using the mimic ability? I'm trying to not use any of those powers in my first playthrough

Megasoum

Banned
Holy shit the
"nerf"
gun is a fucking brilliant idea.

First time you use it to
bypass a door
is soooooo fucking cool haha

Top Bottom