• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Alucrid

Banned
need some help at the power plant

i can't hack the security terminal that i guess i need to open the door. any idea where the password is?

v0mitg0d

ok so I made a few videos to help people with some of the (secret) stuff I found:

Here is a Secret Path to Alex Yu's Office
https://youtu.be/cuuCLN3_On0

Finding Dr Howards Body Location for the Gardening Tips objective (this one was hard to find):
https://youtu.be/RjjRh_ieguM

How to Save Rani & how to trick that darn Telepath to come outside the green house
https://youtu.be/TG2Zf_pjEbw

How to find Marietta Kyrkos Body and kick off the Golden Gun objective

https://youtu.be/S3wFxU4MxoM

It was fun making these, hope it helps!

Yay! HDs are up kiddos.

iammeiam

How often does one find glue ammo? If it's sparse I'll want to ration it.

It's fairly common and you should find out how to make it fairly early on; recipe is super simple and pretty high yield.

So maybe keep a little in reserve so you don't run out, but by and large I spend a lot of time trying to build impromptu climbing walls.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
1) This game is very VERY VERY good, I think. I'm absolutely in love with it.

2) It's also way more difficult than I expected and that is turning out to be great. It reminds me of my first time playing System Shock 2, in a way (which I found tough back in the day, but now I know it so well it no longer is).

I did enjoy Bioshock a lot in 2007 as well but it was missing a lot of elements that you can find in Shock 2 and now Prey. It was also a much easier game and one that you could cheese your way through.

Holy shit, this game is freaking amazing so far. Wasn't even on my radar until a few days ago and now it's shaping up to be a legit GOTY contender for me.

Moff

need some help at the power plant

i can't hack the security terminal that i guess i need to open the door. any idea where the password is?

there should be a ventilation shaft next to the door you can goo your way up to

shiba5

Can someone help me with the Missing Engineer side quest? It's Jean Faure. I can see where she is, but there is a locked gate and I can't find any way to open it. I tried Remote Manipulation and it's still locked.

psychotron

1) This game is very VERY VERY good, I think. I'm absolutely in love with it.

2) It's also way more difficult than I expected and that is turning out to be great. It reminds me of my first time playing System Shock 2, in a way (which I found tough back in the day, but now I know it so well it no longer is).

I did enjoy Bioshock a lot in 2007 as well but it was missing a lot of elements that you can find in Shock 2 and now Prey. It was also a much easier game and one that you could cheese your way through.

Tech analysis coming? I want to play this very bad but the input lag issue on PS4 has me frozen.

Steez

13351285471F048B4074DB7AF2E89A7A14385F48

Danielle Sho? Please don't tell me they really went with the story that came out of the leaks a while ago.

benzopil

After playing the game I can say that's this is the worst trophy list I've ever seen. It's unfortunate when devs don't care about us trophy hunters, but oh well, game is still great. But I don't think I will play it 3-4 times with different perks.

Tovarisc

After playing the game I can say that's this is the worst trophy list I've ever seen. It's unfortunate when devs don't care about us trophy hunters, but oh well, game is still great. But I don't think I will play it 3-4 times with different perks.

Trophies aren't supposed to be "Gz, you turned game on! Here is Plat!" fodder.

benzopil

Trophies aren't supposed to be "Gz, you turned game on! Here is Plat!" fodder.

I'm not saying they are. But there's no reward for playing it "correctly" -- by picking every perk you want. You either need to pick human perks or typhon perks, or not pick them at all. That's just poor design.

One of my optional quests is about someone named Josh Dalton and in an email they speak about GUTS. I see that door in front of me, but I have no keycard. Quest is called The Blackbox Project.

I used a security station to track him down but no waypoint or anything.

Danielle Sho? Please don't tell me they really went with the story that came out of the leaks a while ago.

I had forgotten about that and looked it up.

There are definitely some elements that were retained from 'approach' 1 and 3, but ultimately it's neither.

It's actually pretty fascinating to see the genesis and evolution of the story now that I've completed it. Thanks for reminding me.

Steez

I had constantly around 900 to 1100 on that stuff after few hours of playing, but early on you need not to spray it all over.

Links, I want see if that leak is accurate.

http://wccftech.com/leaked-prey-2-documents-reveal-plot-settings/

Those documents leaked a while ago.
Apparently, the initial idea was to set up Prey as a quasi-prequel to System Shock. Danielle Sho = Shodan
I think all three design docs mention her in some way or another.

I thought it was dumb as hell, but imagined they kicked the idea to the curb. Well, right until a few minutes ago where I saw the name in-game.

Tovarisc

http://wccftech.com/leaked-prey-2-documents-reveal-plot-settings/

Those documents leaked a while ago.
Apparently, the initial idea was to set up Prey as a quasi-prequel to System Shock. Danielle Sho = Shodan
I think all three design docs mention her in some way or another.

I thought it was dumb as hell, but imagined they kicked the idea to the curb. Well, right until a few minutes ago where I saw the name in-game.

I just read it and
parts of whole 41 document has been used in one way or another in this iteration, but not 1:1 like described on pages. Sho's role in this game isn't as central.

Just tried to do remote play on Vita. Lean mapped to L and R, shoot on the back touch. Doesn't seem to be any alternate Vita controls. There goes that idea!

SkylineRKR

This game is getting better and better, it really ramps up after about 5 hours when

You enable the main elevator.

It seems to be fully non-linear. Its everything I wanted and expected Rapture to be.

I'm not too fond of the
Nightmare
enemy though. Its sort of lame when he just appears, stands still for a scan and then kind of tries to shoot you but can't really follow you. I mostly just ignore him. He appeared again when I returned to the lobby anyway, so I made a freefall to the main door, into the lobby and then you can do w/e until the timer runs out. He doesn't switch areas afaik.

Hmmm two bugs so far. A hour ago I had a crash back to the dashboard and just now it kept showing the "now saving" thing and it didn't went away. When I wanted to go a door it just stopped altogether.

nOoblet16

I had constantly around 900 to 1100 on that stuff after few hours of playing, but early on you need not to spray it all over.

Links, I want see if that leak is accurate.

The 4Chan leak that came out a month or so ago is entirely accurate.

Here is the link SPOILER WARNING: ENTIRE PLOT OF THE GAME
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/375110907/prey-2017-plot-details

Its incredible how so many are praising the game and yet all it took for you to make your purchasing decision was one person vaguely mentioning screen tearing and you swear the game off.Basically with that mentality you never had any intentions of buying the game in the first place.
I'm playing on PC, and I don't have screen tearing, but I actually get physically sick real fast from screen tearing. If this was the best game ever made, but had screen tearing, I'd have to bail on it.

I don't know what the original poster's reasons are, but I don't think it's that absurd of a reason to bail on a game.

Can someone please tell me if it's worth continuing to avoid the alien powers story wise? There were some things that made me feel that was the case, yet now I feel like I'm missing out on cool powers.

bosseye

Playing through the first hour on ps4, input lag seems much improved over the demo. I'm not convinced it's perfect but it seems loads better to me.

Can someone please tell me if it's worth continuing to avoid the alien powers story wise? There were some things that made me feel that was the case, yet now I feel like I'm missing out on cool powers.

Having just finished it. It seems to have a little bearing in the end aside from some details. Thats all.

Speaking of said ending. Def wait till after credits. Personally I didnt see that coming. Really enjoyed this game. The end gets a bit too back tracky which is only annoying due to all the loading screens you go through then. Otherwise. Man so many variables during the course of the game that can change the playthrough.

Not sure what this is. It seems to be pretty straightforward when it comes to the main story but you can actually miss or avoid things?

Had some pretty bad bugs just now. After it crashed while it kept showing the saving text I booted the game up again and I couldn't even get past the main menu screen where it tells you to press A. Nothing happened when I did that. Quit the game and tried again, same story. Had to hard reset the Xbox One and try again for it to work again.

Jesus, for a second I thought I lost all my progress, since I couldn't get past the main screen. Hope I don't yet this stuff too often.

Acorn

Does anyone else have a weird slight drifting issue when you aren't even touching the controller?

I suspect it's my controller but just incase it's a weird bug.

SkylineRKR

Does anyone else have a weird slight drifting issue when you aren't even touching the controller?

I suspect it's my controller but just incase it's a weird bug.

Yeah its pretty bad. Its because all Arkane did was changing the deadzone. The input lag was never fixed.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any tips for the sidequest in the Arboretum where
the people are trapped in the greenhouse? Can't seem to down the Telepath before the person dies.

Moff

the people are trapped in the greenhouse? Can't seem to down the Telepath before the person dies.

depends on your skills

nullwave grenade should work as well, you should have some of them.

iammeiam

I went full wimp mode; if you go around back
there's a tree that you can use to get halfway up the wall. Gloo your way to the top, get the telepath's attention, and then hop back down. He'll slowly float up and over the wall to come kill you, but all the dudes in the greenhouse can't get anywhere near you so they seem to just run around doing nothing. I then just shotgunned him to death from there, then opened the greenhouse and everyone was fine.

Ascenion

The UI is buggy as fuck on PS4. Hold for the weapon wheel it doesn't show up, then it won't go away when I let go. Inventory UI does similar shit. They need to patch that.

Alucrid

Banned

there's four doors and each npc usually patrols close enough to the door where you can stun them without attracting the big guy's attention

Top Bottom