• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey is BACK! (Arkane Austin, 2017, PS4/XB1/PC)

DOWN

Banned
kind of surprised anyone is excited for this when it doesn't have the large scale visionary look of the original Prey 2. This reboot struck me as a derivative Dead Space or system shock thing. I wanted our first ever Blade Runner city chase down game with all that lively vision and great future aesthetic.

Interesting idea, but I preferred the sci-fi bounty hunter premise. Will wait and see for more info. Too much CGI in this conference for my liking.

Oublieux

So... It looks like they nixed the bounty hunter aspect and Bladerunner vibe for what looks like a shooter. Granted, this is essentially a CG teaser trailer, but I do not feel it. I will wait on more information and reserve judgment for now.

Watevaman

It's gotta suck for the guys who worked on the original Prey to see the same name applied to something completely different.

With that said, this looks awesome from that trailer. I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

gamerMan

How is this possible? The graphics blow everything on the PS4 and Xbox One out of the water. It might be running on the PS400- the CGI machine.

Kas

Well this is disappointing.

I still want that vertical playground bounty hunter game. I've wanted it since day one, goddammit.

Mozendo

The cancelled earlier version was GOAT.

But who cares if it has nothing to do with the original. Nobody remembers anything about that game besides the abduction at the beginning

Yeah, we're all complaining because the trailer doesn't have an alien abduction lol

Jawmuncher

I find it surprising they didn't listen to the feedback on that bounty hunter idea. A lot of people really wanted that. Guess they thought it might be too similar to Dishonored?

Rembrandt

Banned
Yeah, we're all complaining because the trailer doesn't have an alien abduction lol

I think more people are disappointed because it doesn't look like the first prey 2 footage we saw, not because it's not similar to the first one or living up to the prey name.

Wonder if we'll get a Prey 2006 remastered soon, too, due to this?

If I'm correct, there is no longer keys available on steam for the original, right?

KillySG10

Neo Member
The trailer was intriguing, but why in the hell did they call it Prey? It seems clear its not a sequel, they could have just given it a new name and called it a new IP, calling it Prey just brings up sour memories of the cancellation of Prey 2, made more sour by those rumours of why it was cancelled...

Jawmuncher

I think more people are disappointed because it doesn't look like the first prey 2 footage we saw, not because it's not similar to the first one or living up to the prey name.

While I really liked the bounty hunter idea, I would have been cool with a sequel with tommy as well. I figured though with such a long time between and the game selling well but not being huge. A reboot or soft reboot was gonna happen. Didn't think it would be something like this though.

As I said I am kind of bummed but not too much. I'll give the game a chance if it looks good once gameplay hits.

It's not the blade runner alien bounty hunter Prey that I had hopped for. All I know about Prey is from that Prey 2 demo, probably should have named it something else, unless this is what the original was like.

NoPiece

Come on, he looked 1/4 asian at the very most. They could call him Shinsuke Nakamura and I still wouldn't fall for it.

CHqOb-jWsAEZwmh.png

Are Seinfeld references still relevant?

I thought the trailer looked great. The original Prey 2 idea sounded good, but who knows what kind of shape it was in when it got cancelled. If you've played the System Shock games, it should be exciting to get a new take on it from a quality dev like Arkane.

RK128

It is odd they went with the project not being a new IP; it looked like a new IP in everything but its same name as Prey 1 and 2.

I loved what I saw though and hope the end product does turn out good. Shame Human Head's version of Prey 2 had to be gutted due to Bethesdia's shady business moves at the time :(.

jett

D-Member
This is whatever. It bares no relation whatsoever to the Human Head game. A waste of a cool setting. :|

Rembrandt

Banned
While I really liked the bounty hunter idea, I would have been cool with a sequel with tommy as well. I figured though with such a long time between and the game selling well but not being huge. A reboot or soft reboot was gonna happen. Didn't think it would be something like this though.

As I said I am kind of bummed but not too much. I'll give the game a chance if it looks good once gameplay hits.

This still looks interesting and those leaked documents show signs of potential so I'm disapponnted and excited. Funny that the game they want to be a spiritual successor to has a new game coming out.

lpSdLxI.png

nothing like Prey 1?

I haven't seen the reveal in a while but I don't think these were shown.

Hate to say it but this actually looks more interesting than Dishonored 2 just wish we got more a look at it, original protagonist was still native american, etc. looks cool though.

This looks good but I still wish something would have come of what we had been shown from Human Head as well. It's a shame that's never going to see the light of day.

_woLf

Not really sure why it's called prey - it's not like there is much recognition of that game at this point. Those who are aware probably know about the old prey 2 and what it was supposed to be.

Huh.

Top Bottom