• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Xbox 360 screens...

hyonoid

PES/WE Beta PS3 version with stadium editor and Master League:

480136_orig.jpg

480139_orig.jpg

Ryck

I like how in the 2nd pic he cleaned the base of his Tv after getting all kinds of crap cause it was so dusty in the first pic. :lol

Edit] beaten :(

Osorio

bdoughty said:
October (late in the month?) for Europe.

Spring 2008 or whenever Konami feels like it for the US.
I don't understand why Konami doesn't do a worldwide release. Since PES comes out in February most of the time in the States they lose majorly to FIFA which comes out for the holiday season.

bdoughty

Banned
Osorio said:
I don't understand why Konami doesn't do a worldwide release. Since PES comes out in February most of the time in the States they lose majorly to FIFA which comes out for the holiday season.

It has never sold that well here. Even if it came out early to compete with Fifa I doubt it would do much better, sad to say. When people think soccer games in the US, they pretty much think Fifa (and even then it's not like Fifa sells boatloads in the US).

pswii60

Maverick said:
Those pics are fake? Who would take the time to fake something like that? I mean, put it on a real LCD and all?

They are very fake, check the PS buttons. Also it's called 2008, not 7.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bdoughty said:
October (late in the month?) for Europe.

Spring 2008 or whenever Konami feels like it for the US.

It's been Feb. for the past four years or so now for NA. I'm importing the PS3 version; screw the wait this time. I'll double-dip once the NA version comes out with whatever seems to be more popular (360 or PS3) so that maybe we can get a league together this year, however humble (sadly, with the userbase split, I don't think we'll ever have another league like the GAF Champions Leagues for WE9.

Shame those pics are fake. That 2nd screen is HAWT. Konami should hire that guy to do their UI. :lol

Also PLEASE let create-a-stadium be in!

arias

Banned
I didn't believe those pictures because Konami is NOT going to implement a stadium builder nor upgrade their UI to such a slick model. They're just wringing as much cash by putting in as little money into the series as they can. It's too bad that the FIFA series can barely put up a fight in terms of gameplay.. I wished there was another company willing to take a risk to develop a good football (soccer) game, but then again it would bomb without licensed names and such.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
godhandiscen said:
I am getting the 360 version. Pro's play with the stick.

I'm not going to debate which method is better, but I am far too accustomed to the DS d-pad after six years with it on PES to switch over.

Ryck

godhandiscen said:
I am getting the 360 version. Pro's play with the stick.
And without pressure sensitive face buttons apparantly...

So Astrolad Im thinking of importing as well, has any Ps3 game had a region lock thus far?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Blasphemy said:
Stick to FIFA :lol
The dpad gives you only 8 directions. The stick gives you 16 directions. WE supports a 16 direction movement. Which player do you think is at an advantage?
Ryck said:
That has never bothered me.

AstroLad said:
It's been Feb. for the past four years or so now for NA. I'm importing the PS3 version; screw the wait this time. I'll double-dip once the NA version comes out...

I'll probably wind up importing as well. I hate to double dip but the chance to cop WE before Feb for once? It's gonna be hard to resist. :D

If we can get a GAF league half as fun as WE9 I'll be happy. The 360/PS3 split is gonna suck though.

WE supports a 16 direction movement.

Since when? You mean the 360 version?

Ryck

godhandiscen said:
That has never bothered me.
Well your a "pro" so Im not surprised :lol .

But seriously tho I owned We07 on 360 ( check my gamertag Ryck007) the fact that the face buttons were not pressure sensitive totally messed up the feel of the game. If you are a "Pro" surely you would have noticed this....right?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ryck said:

So Astrolad Im thinking of importing as well, has any Ps3 game had a region lock thus far?

No, I don't think so. Imported HSG/MNG5 and not only can you play it, you can go online with your US account. Of course, since this is 3rd-party Konami is free to do it but, if anything I'm guessing they'll be too lazy.

godhandiscen

Ryck said:
Well your a "pro" so Im not surprised :lol .

But seriously tho I owned We07 on 360 ( check my gamertag Ryck007) the fact that the face buttons were not pressure sensitive totally messed up the feel of the game. If you are a "Pro" surely you would have noticed this....right?
As I said, it has never bothered me. Maybe is my style of play, but precision when it comes to passing the ball is the only thing that matters to me. This is why I need the 16 directions of the stick. I recognize I might miss stupid shots because of the lack of sensitivity in the face buttons, but when I play WE I do it for 2-3 hours straight and having the stick in the position in where the PS controller has it, actually makes me feel to tired. The 360 pad helps me a lot, in the PC version of WE9 and in WE2007 for the 360. If I have to use the PS pad I will even choose a different team, and there is no freaking way I will be able to take on experimented players with Peru. On the 360 version I only play with Peru and and I still keep a 65 percent avererage of wins while other players only choose Brazil.

Ryck

godhandiscen said:
As I said, it has never bothered me. Maybe is my style of play, but precision when it comes to passing the ball is the only thing that matters to me. This is why I need the 16 directions of the stick. I recognize I might miss stupid shots because of the lack of sensitivity in the face buttons, but when I play WE I do it for 2-3 hours straight and having the stick in the position in where the PS controller has it, actually makes me feel to tired. The 360 pad helps me a lot, in the PC version of WE9 and in WE2007 for the 360. If I have to use the PS pad I will even choose a different team, and there is no freaking way I will be able to take on experimented players with Peru. On the 360 version I only play with Peru and and I still keep a 65 percent avererage of wins while other players only choose Brazil.
I play with the sticks too... But I prefer pressure sensitive buttons over stick positioning..like that really killed the game for me. ( aside from all the other crap)

RE: Bolded part, do you have small hands?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
godhandiscen said:
As I said, it has never bothered me. Maybe is my style of play, but precision when it comes to passing the ball is the only thing that matters to me. This is why I need the 16 directions of the stick.

Different strokes. From my 200+ hours on WE9 PS2 I can attest to the fact that there are certainly great players on both methods. Only thing I consistenly use the analog for is the right-stick spin.

godhandiscen

Ryck said:
I play with the sticks too... But I prefer pressure sensitive buttons over stick positioning..like that really killed the game for me. ( aside from all the other crap)

RE: Bolded part, do you have small hands?
Also, it is way easier to pull of a marseille turn thanks to the dip in the 360 sticks. Well, to each his own.

Bolded part: I see what you did there. :lol NO!

Ryck

godhandiscen said:
Also, it is way easier to pull of a marseille turn thanks to the dip in the 360 sticks. Well, to each his own.

Bolded part: I see what you did there. :lol NO!
:D

Osorio

bdoughty said:
It has never sold that well here. Even if it came out early to compete with Fifa I doubt it would do much better, sad to say. When people think soccer games in the US, they pretty much think Fifa (and even then it's not like Fifa sells boatloads in the US).
They never advertise here either. Nobody knows what it is until someone shows it to them. I've gotten plenty of people to play it through word of mouth, otherwise nobody knows it exists.

bdoughty

Banned
Osorio said:
They never advertise here either. Nobody knows what it is until someone shows it to them. I've gotten plenty of people to play it through word of mouth, otherwise nobody knows it exists.

Yep, they really should consider advertising in the US but it appears they are content will the millions upon millions of sales they get in Japan and Europe.

Top Bottom