• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to expectations for a new Nintendo console, imagine the greatest list of games and console specs that you can, then pick maybe one from each list and throw the rest out.

I pick HD and Paper Zelda.

rpmurphy said:
We are officially in for huge disappointment on E3. Thanks a lot, man.

Not me.
I'm keeping my expectations reasonable....
Super Smash Bros or bust!

Graphics Horse said:
Well maybe not Nintendo's titles, but they should know about the rest, heh.

Didn't one year they cancel a game last minute for their conference? Actually, I think it was Red Steel 2 so Ubisoft showed it at their own conference.

Re looking at the list, the lack of a major Nintendo IP at launch does jive with what Iwata said about creating an environment for other companies to thrive.

Then again, the more i look at the list, the more i realize its only exciting, third party wise, because none of those games have come out. By march 2012, that list will seem dramatically less exciting, because there is no way in hell i am holding off buying ME3,BF3, etc

D-Pad

Legend of Paper Zelda

Skyward Sword sucks now, I want this.

It could be the spiritual successor to Zelda II, with more RPG elements.

Gamer @ Heart said:
I dont give a fuck if that list is fake! This is the kind of bullshit excitement that make pre E3 so fucking fun!

Exactly. Anyway, it's not like the guy has said that the list is real. It's better than half the shit you guys have been talking about anyway. This thread has turned into nothing but speculation so why not keep that train going.

I would love to see a Paper Zelda with the WW style. E3 can't come soon enough. I'm very excited even though i'm expecting massive amounts of disappoint.

Legend of Paper Zelda (Mid 2012, Paper Mario version of SNES Zelda)--set the hype train thrusters to full blast!!!!!!!!!!!!

paper_link_2.jpg

cubee-metroid-papercraft.jpg

AceBandage said:
Not me.

Didn't one year they cancel a game last minute for their conference? Actually, I think it was Red Steel 2 so Ubisoft showed it at their own conference.

lulz remember that post-conference conference they held to show off Brawl? Everybody was crushed it wasn't shown then they just went and revealed it like a couple hours later in some tiny backroom? Did they ever explain why they did that?

shadyspace said:
lulz remember that post-conference conference they held to show off Brawl? Everybody was crushed it wasn't shown they just went and revealed it like a couple hours later in some tiny backroom? Did they ever explain why they did that?

Because they wanted the focus of the conference coverage to be on the Wii and the new way to play games.
Not about Snake in Brawl (which would have been every E3 conference headline).

Shikamaru Ninja said:
I can not believe any of you are taking that list seriously. O_O

NeoGaf? Is this you? Come on! We are supposed to elite!
I'm pretty sure that if GAF were up to form right now, Metallix would crying in a corner somewhere contemplating suicide.

EDIT: GAF doesn't need to be up to form when Nirolak is!

NeonZ

Not me.

Kind of funny how that list included all types of crazy wishlist stuff but didn't include a Smash game...

NeonZ said:
Kind of funny how that list included all types of crazy wishlist stuff but didn't include a Smash game...

And that is the main reason it was fake.
SSBVenti will be the premier game for the Cafe.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bad Idea: Posting an incredibly stupid rumor list as a junior.

Really Bad Idea: Posting an incredibly stupid rumor list with your ban evasion account that has almost the same name as your permed account.

Nirolak said:

Really Bad Idea: Posting an incredibly stupid rumor list with your ban evasion account that has almost the same name as your permed account.

Oh wow...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Metallix said:
A personal acquaintance of mine sent me this list, saying it came from a source close to Nintendo. It's probably fake, but I figured I'd share anyway:

--First Party--

::Launch Games::

Extreme Sports Cafe ("New" IP, Combines 1080 and Wave Race + Other Sports)
Pikmin Cafe (Interfaces with Pikmin 3DS)
Endless Ocean Cafe
Nintendogs Cafe Kennel (Interfaces with Nintendogs + Cats)
Mii Explore (New IP, Multiplayer Adventure Game)

::Launch Window::

Kirby's Epic Yarn 2 (Launch Window, Multiplayer)
Wario Ware Cafe (Launch - Launch Window?)

::Future Games::

Super Mario Cafe (Late 2012/Early 2013, Paradigm Shift ala SM64)
Legend of Paper Zelda (Mid 2012, Paper Mario version of SNES Zelda)
Fire Emblem Cafe (Late 2012)
Retro Studios IP (Late 2012, New IP)
Project Sora IP (New IP)
Monolith Soft RPG (New IP)
Miyamoto Game (New IP)

For anyone even dreaming that this list is real. No list of this magnitude would exist. Seriously it is straight up fanboy wishes.

1. "Miyamoto Game (New IP)"
You know at Nintendo no game would ever be described as this. Games are only described like this on Nintendo centric forums where people use the term shiggy and ninty.

2. "Project Sora (New IP)"
Obviously at some point in the future when they are done with Kid Icarus they will make another game. So no way would a project that far off exist on any print sheet anywhere outside of Iwata's handwritten notebook. Late 2012? That is insanely insane.

3. "Legend of Paper Zelda"
Again. Something you read about "Ninty forums"

Ugggh. It is the most made up list evar! The actual sensible games that actually might be announced at E3, are not there besides Pikmin.

Boney

Banned
Nirolak said:

but it was fun!

fun fun fun funnnnn

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Anyway, back on track, we should probably remove the rumor related to the Paul Gale Network given that the Paul Gale Network posted this:

PaulGaleNetwork said:
Huge RUMOR on what Hideo Kojima’s next big “taboo” game is.
December 4, 2010

Please note that before reading any more and getting your hopes up, this is stirctly a RUMOR. It’s such a big rumor in fact, that I was even thinking of not putting it up, but my contact that brought me the MGS5 story on September 18th received this from their own source. That’s the main reason why I was hesitant to put it up, because I don’t know who that person is. If a source is my own friend, I know the info can be trusted…which is why I’m stressing once more, this is just a BIG RUMOR.

Without further delay, I’ve been told that Hideo Kojima’s current “taboo” game in the works is based off a doctor in New York City that regularly performs circumcision to boys as part of his doctoral duties, but when his wife gives birth and he performs his own son’s circumcision and it goes wrong (killing his newborn baby), he becomes a mass murderer by using the list of all newborns in NYC that he’s performed operations on, and killing them at their family’s homes while they sleep.

You are a New York City detective that is on the case to stop this doctor who’s now mad and are taken through a complete psychological thriller/action-horror game of sorts, to stop the doc. It’s supposively a pretty twisted game and it has you failing on purpose multiple times in the beginning, to really get to you and strike you deep.

You’re constantly falling short (no pun intended) of catching the mad man, but begin to get better as your character advances, by solving puzzles as to which family will be struck next, when, etc. This apparantly is the “taboo” subject that Mr. Hideo Kojima spoke about his game having and this Saw-like title certainly sounds pretty bold and daring to say the least. It’s definitely something never done before in the video game industry that I can think of, so if true…wow I’m surprised (even moreso because of a script I wrote for South Park that deals with circumcision a few months ago).

Back to the Kojima Productions game, at sometime in the story, your own wife gives birth to a baby boy and certain events happen that further escalates the tension your character and you the player gets. Does it sound believable? Yes, but that doesn’t mean it’s real. Consider it a RUMOR, but know that I will be contacting Kojima Productions and Konami to see if I can get anything to confirm or deny such a title in development.

This 3rd party source that has no connection with me claims to have seen the script outline and believes it to be real…but we’ll see. If this doesn’t end up being Hideo’s next big title, then perhaps it was once considered as an idea by someone on the team, but even that can’t be confirmed at this time. What do you think of such a concept for Kojima Productions? First of all, do you think it’s real of fake? Secondly, is this “fresh enough” of a concept to be coming out of Japan? Share your thoughts and hopefully soon I’ll have some kind of confirmation/denial from an official representative.
Source: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2010/12/04/huge-rumor-on-what-hideo-kojimas-next-big-taboo-game-is/

Well, at least the link to them if the two rumors originated from the other sites as well without linking back to this site.

Anyway, as for the rumor.
01net didn't say that Rockstar would have a game ready for E3 for the Cafe. Just that they were one of the first to get a dev kits (which they were also one of the first to get a Wii Dev Kit and DS Dev kit).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AceBandage said:
Anyway, as for the rumor.
01net didn't say that Rockstar would have a game ready for E3 for the Cafe. Just that they were one of the first to get a dev kits (which they were also one of the first to get a Wii Dev Kit and DS Dev kit).
Right, it would make sense to send Take-Two dev kits very early since the world's five biggest publishers on any of the home console platforms are EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Take-Two, and (Insert Platform Holder).

Giving development kits to those four publishers is pretty much a top priority.

These were the top publishers in Europe last fiscal year for example:

capture2qf31.png

The U.S. is very similar, but I think you have to switch Activision and EA.

KAL2006

Banned
Nirolak said:

exactly, any one in there right mind would know a list like this is fake so why post it, some of these recent juniors are like GameFAQs posters, I swear I seen a junior say they just got back from school and need to do their homework, what is the age restriction to be a NeoGAF member, I swear there are kids slipping into this forum lately, I don't know but this forum seems so different lately or it could just be me :)

EDIT:
Just went to GameFAQs forum and seen the exact same list from the same poster, I knew there are kids from GameFAQs joining this forum

KAL2006 said:
exactly, any one in there right mind would know a list like this is fake so why post it, some of these recent juniors are like GameFAQs posters, I swear I seen a junior say they just got back from school and need to do their homework, what is the age restriction to be a NeoGAF members, I swear there are kids slipping into this forum lately, I don't know but this forum seems so different lately or it could just be me :)

J-J-J-JADED!

KAL2006 said:
exactly, any one in there right mind would know a list like this is fake so why post it, some of these recent juniors are like GameFAQs posters, I swear I seen a junior say they just got back from school and need to do their homework, what is the age restriction to be a NeoGAF member, I swear there are kids slipping into this forum lately, I don't know but this forum seems so different lately or it could just be me :)
Well I never. These kids today! When I was their age I was playing NES games and stickball. None of this fancy shmancy stuff!
LLShC.gif

I should just change my username to Grampa Simpson and get it over with.

bananas

Banned
Nirolak said:
These were the top publishers in Europe last fiscal year for example:

[/IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/capture2qf31.png[/IMG]

The U.S. is very similar, but I think you have to switch Activision and EA.

Pokemon is not considered part of Nintendo?

KAL2006

Banned
BMF said:
Well I never. These kids today! When I was their age I was playing NES games and stickball. None of this fancy shmancy stuff!
LLShC.gif

I should just change my username to Grampa Simpson and get it over with.

Get off my lawn, you damn kids :)

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
bananas said:
But, Nintendo published the game. Or at least I thought they did.

Confused.

The Pokemon Company is owned and run by Nintendo.

The Pokemon Company publishes Pokemon games in Japan. Distributed by Nintendo.

Nintendo publishes Pokemon outside of Japan.

Nintendo still primarily handles all the development of Pokemon games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
bananas said:
But, Nintendo published the game. Or at least I thought they did.

Confused.
They do in the West, but their wholly owned subsidiary The Pokemon Company publishes it in Japan.

Edit:

Beaten.

Though it is notable that GameFreak is actually not owned by Nintendo.

Kafel said:
wow, would have never guessed that

Well, you have to think.
What does Capcom really have that sells in the west.... Resident Evil. I mean, that's really it.
Every other franchise sells pretty mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom