• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
majortom1981 said:
Would everybody here be upset if it turned out to be a wii hd with just an updated wii mote , better graphics capabilities , and revamped online system? If the new controller rumors turned out to be false?

I would be thrilled with an updated Wiimote. Thrilled. I don't define the Wiimote from the motion controls, but from the pointer. Just so many game applications with that thing.

Prez

NinjaTehFish said:
During the interrogation to loosen the hand bindings...its a white Circle with an A symbol.
Edit here:
http://i.picpar.com/bc7ab5751edd3fbf9f73c1f0ac77993e4c30ba69.png[img]

edit edit: re-posted for new page.[/QUOTE]

Photoshop? I watched the vid and I don't see it.

I can not even fathom the excuses Reggie and Miyamoto will come up with for the Cafe controller to be dual analog. 5 years ago, they wowed the world with motion controls, and now they're going back to standardized inputs.
It's just so weird.

Soroc

Monty Mole said:
Seriously though, we've been here before, seeing things where there aren't things. The 360 has an A button whether they decide to show it in green or not on screen - perhaps they decided black on white fitted better with the look of the game.

Except the "A" font is nothing like that on a 360 controller. That font is straight up the same as the "A" button on the wiimote. White or not, I'm pretty sure it would retain the same font as the controller it is designed for

Soroc said:
Except the "A" font is nothing like that on a 360 controller. That font is straight up the same as the "A" button on the wiimote. White or not, I'm pretty sure it would retain the same font as the controller it is designed for

I watched the conference and seen the videos after
There's no Wiimote A on there, its a TRAP!

AceBandage said:
I can not even fathom the excuses Reggie and Miyamoto will come up with for the Cafe controller to be dual analog. 5 years ago, they wowed the world with motion controls, and now they're going back to standardized inputs.
It's just so weird.

I still think its just an updated wii and wii mote. These were the same type of rumors going around before everybody was surprised with the wiimote.

Soroc

AceBandage said:
It's just so weird.

Snake Oil man, Snake Oil. They had to sell you on it 5 years ago.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed plenty of motion games but the market is becoming saturated and dumbed down just looking most recently at Kinect and Move titles.

Its a good time for Nintendo to focus back on traditional controls and a new interface for mainstream with the touchscreen.

Motion will get some love still obviously as nintendo won't ditch it altogether but I fully expect it to be a smaller niche with the new console.

AceBandage said:
It's just so weird.

Agreed, I'm very worried about what will happen to IR pointing. Hopefully it's still a standard option, although I can't see how it will be. That's where Nintendo's job is to make me say wow.

klier

wow this thread moves at record speed already, imagine during the press conference o_O
It will be hard to keep up!!!

majortom1981 said:
I still think its just an updated wii and wii mote. These were the same type of rumors going around before everybody was surprised with the wiimote.

The difference is that we have multiple independent sources from around the world saying they've heard the exact same thing, including a highly regarded newspaper that is right 99% of the time.
It's pretty much a done deal.

klier said:
wow this thread moves at record speed already, imagine during the press conference o_O

This thread will be dead during the conference. We'll all be in the official conference topic.

Dystify

klier said:
The other two main conference threads had like 100 posts per minute...

klier

AceBandage said:
This thread will be dead during the conference. We'll all be in the official conference topic.

Ah ok. Well, the official Nintendo conference thread then.....

It will be madness! All Nintendo fanboys concentrated in one thread. It will be glorious!!!

Strive said:
The other two main conference threads had like 100 posts per minute...

We'll be at 150 ppp, easy.

JGS

Banned
AceBandage said:
It's just so weird.
They were copied so it was time to move on. To evolve at this point would be copying the copiers.

Since Wii functionality will still exist, they aren't really losing anything.

Iwata has been pretty open about the fact that Wii alienated 3rd parties which manday dual analog, so they could simply go the route of saying "The developers made us do it"

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
AceBandage said:
It's just so weird.

Eagerly awaiting that too. I'm sure it'll be some bullshit excuse like "The Wiimote is still compatible, and the Café controller can in fact act as a controller! Look, there's even a + and a - buttons on the controller, just like the Wiimote!" Wouldn't matter, motion controls wouldn't be the core interface, not with a two-handed controller with a huge 6" screen on it anyway.

Man, I can't believe the moment is finally here. I must've woken up a half dozen times last night and checked the clock. It's been fun speculating with you guys.

Prez

Door2Dawn said:
I think he was playing with a 360 or PS3 controller during the demo, so it can't be cafe.

Games are NEVER being played at conferences. It always someone pretending to play to a video.

Soroc

Definite false alarm on Far Cry. All the buttons are using the same font. The X is the same font. I guess it is pretty generic.

Still won't be surprised though if this is a multplat game coming to Cafe obviously.

klier said:
Ah ok. Well, the official Nintendo conference thread then.....

It will be madness! All Nintendo fanboys concentrated in one thread. It will be glorious!!!

I feel oddly sad this year without all of the 500 errors that we used to get. Made each refresh exciting. Will it load? Did anyone actually post anything or are they like me? Wait, are the servers really completely down? Good shit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kilrogg said:
Eagerly awaiting that too. I'm sure it'll be some bullshit excuse like "The Wiimote are still compatible, and the Café controller can in fact acts as a controller!" Wouldn't matter, motion controls wouldn't be the core interface anyway.

What if Nitntendo's plan is to keep the Wii around for a while like the PS2? Sales have slowed but they haven't really tanked, and we still have yet to see how well the new bundle and price drop did on the market.

Prez

User Tron said:
An X appears when he picks up the weapon -> 360 Version

If the new controller has more buttons than the Wiimote, there will definately be an X-button (SNES, N64, Gamecube, DS, 3DS all have one).

qq more

My dad is uploading important files for his work so my internet at the moment is slowing the hell down and I don't think it'll be done anytime soon. Is there any live streams that would broadcast Nintendo's E3 in low quality? I don't want to suffer constant buffering which prevented me from watching Ubisoft's conference.

E-phonk

Banned
I also think it will include one "new" motion controller and one "stream" controller. The motion controller is a new formfactor for the wiimote plus with a different name/color scheme that fits the new system.

I doubt they'd abandon motion controls (this would put them again in a disadvantage if sony/ms would go all out with motion controls next-gen) completely.

klier said:
So will streaming from e3.nintendo.com work? Or will it overload or whatever? Where to watch else?
Last year it ran perfect...

Soroc

DrForester said:
What if Nitntendo's plan is to keep the Wii around for a while like the PS2? Sales have slowed but they haven't really tanked, and we still have yet to see how well the new bundle and price drop did on the market.

If Nintendo is smart, the new console will uprez and add AA to all Wii Games. This will ensure at the very least software sales will continue for a lot of their games and for third party developers as well. Giving the Wii library and longer shelf life.

Dystify

To be honest, who wouldn't expect a Far Cry 3 port to Café? It's Ubisoft after all, and the game's coming out in 2012, too.

mj1108

DrForester said:

I think that's definitely their plan. They offer it as a low-cost alternative. Plus they haven't even hit that magical $99 price point yet on it.

Strive said:
To be honest, who wouldn't expect a Far Cry 3 port to Café? It's Ubisoft after all, and the game's coming out in 2012, too.

I expect Far Cry 3 Instincts

They port over the Wii Far Cry game engine and use it on Cafe for FC3.

Dystify

klier said:
So will streaming from e3.nintendo.com work? Or will it overload or whatever? Where to watch else?
You can watch it on these streams:

Nintendo's E3 Network: http://e3.nintendo.com/ (Recommended.)
Gamespot: http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/
Ustream (via Gamespot): http://www.ustream.tv/gamespot# (Provided by Gamespot.)
IGN: http://www.ign.com/events/e3/2011/live-video
1up: http://www.1up.com/news/Nintendo-E3-...onference-2011 (Provided by IGN.)
Gametrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/e3-live.html
Gamepro: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...ss-conference/
G4 Online: http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2011/press-co...s/Nintendo/96/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/e3 (Provided by IGN.)

Source: E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference |OT|

Soroc

Stabbie said:
If the new controller has more buttons than the Wiimote, there will definately be an X-button (SNES, N64, Gamecube, DS, 3DS all have one).

For some reason I think they will go a,b,1,2 for some reason now (same buttons as the wiimote). I don't have a CC in front of me does it have X,Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom