• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

From The Dust said:
considering there was no report of the image beforehand, I doubt it
I saw it on.. I don't know if I can say here
4chan
, saved and used original image name the person uploaded. Looked real to me so I post it, spread the good.. news.

You guys are hostile at times.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
EuropeOG said:
I saw it on.. I don't know if I can say here
4chan
, saved and used original image name the person uploaded. Looked real to me so I post it, spread the good.. news.

People are hostile toward crap like that because they don't want this place to become GameFAQs or IGN Boards.
4chan is full of things made up by people with too much time on their hands to play on the emotions of fans. You could give a warning before posting something from an obviously unreliable source like that.
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm not a mod but I've seen it happen
I would not have posted the scarecrow
MYE and Willy105's pictures are obvious jokes made to point out the fakeness of the original picture, after several people had pointed it out already. It would be stupid for them to be banned for that.

EuropeOG said:
I saw it on.. I don't know if I can say here 4chan, saved and used original image name the person uploaded. Looked real to me so I post it, spread the good.. news.

you made several mistakes then. we are hostile because we care <3

Smiles and Cries said:
&#12487;&#12496;&#12483;&#12464;&#12469;&#12512;&#12473; = Thumbs Debugging (from page of image)

Err... I think you meant "Debug Samus" ('Samusu' is how you spell Samus in katakana).

And yeah, being posted mere seconds before the NeoGAF post tells me it's likely fake. Or you're the snitch and we'll need more pics ASAP.

Portugeezer

Krev said:
People are hostile toward crap like that because they don't want this place to become GameFAQs or IGN Boards.
4chan is full of things made up by people with too much time on their hands to play on the emotions of fans. You could give a warning before posting something from an obviously unreliable source like that.

MYE and Willy105's pictures are obvious jokes made to point out the fakeness of the original picture, after several people had pointed it out already. It would be stupid for them to be banned for that.
So did this get posted on these forums:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgjES1oOTlc

Unless Youtube is a reliable source. This is a rumour thread.

User33 said:
No exaggeration, this is probably the fifteenth time a different person has posted that link thinking it hasn't been posted already.

Seconded. Same with all the photos of the "Cafe" slides and controllers with marketing fluff on them.

Is NeoGAF prepared for the madness that will be E3? Have the servers been upgraded?

Are we ready for the coming shitstorm?

Oh man, I can feel it building in my
body

While GAF is no reddit when it comes to speed on most things, if you found anything online that looks juicy and more than 2 day old, odds are very very high its been posted.

evangd007

Plinko said:
I'm positive they're the company that started releasing the information to build up hype for E3.

A French website got the first big leaks. That's a smoking gun for Ubisoft being the source.

Penguin said:
And the long-shot Skies of Arcadia 2, we already have the evolution of the VMU!

I've never wanted a game that I'm certain will never be produced more than I want Skies of Arcadia 2.

Sianos

3DS at E3:

- Super Mario 3DS
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D
- Mario Kart 3DS
- Paper Mario 3DS (Sorry, Amir0x, forgot about it for a sec.)
- Animal Crossing 3DS
- Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
- E-shop Release

Cafe at E3:

- Console Reveal
- Controller Reveal
- Pikmin 3
- Super Smash Bros. 4
- Tech Demos

Wii at E3:

- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- The Last Story
- Xenoblade
- Pandora's Tower
- Kirby's Star

Other:

- The Legend of Zelda: 25th Anniversary

Looking back on that list of plausable games/already announced games being shown, even without Cafe Nintendo looks like they'll have a fairly good show.

Things are looking really positive this year: I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store with Cafe.

[/hypejustifyingpost]

herzogzwei1989 said:
I'd kill for an HD Cafe remake of Daimakaimura aka Ghouls 'N Ghosts, sprite-based of course.
I'm actually a little surprised Capcom isn't making a new game for 3DS or something, what with Arthur being in MvC3 and all. That's usually a good launching point for them.

The King Nintendo Fanboy’s E3 2011 Project Cafe (Wii 2) Predictions

F-Zero

North American F-Zero fans haven’t seen an entry in the F-Zero franchise in nearly seven years. It’s time for the super fast futuristic racer to return and the Cafe could be the perfect place for it.

If the rumors are true about the Cafe having a greater online structure, F-Zero could be one of the best racing titles on the new platform. Racing against 30 other online opponents is every F-Zero fans dream.

Another reason I think an F-Zero launch title is possible is because we all know F-Zero isn’t as popular as Mario Kart. If F-Zero launches with the system racing fans won’t have many other options to choose from which will increase sales of the title from the get go. Nintendo could introduce a new Mario Kart title for the Cafe a few years down the line and not cannibalize the racing genre from the get go.

Retro Studios Game

The talented team behind the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns is probably working on something for the Cafe, but I honestly have no idea what. Retro could go back and make another Metroid Prime title, the last one ended with some questions left to be answered, or make a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns. They may even be brining back another Nintendo franchise or making a new game entirely. Regardless I think there is a good chance we will hear something at E3 2011.

more here: http://www.ripten.com/2011/05/30/th...-e3-2011-project-cafe-predictions-justin6464/

Lupin the Wolf said:
Err... I think you meant "Debug Samus" ('Samusu' is how you spell Samus in katakana).

And yeah, being posted mere seconds before the NeoGAF post tells me it's likely fake. Or you're the snitch and we'll need more pics ASAP.

I was not looking at Samus just copy pasted to google translate and it did not bother seeing Samusu :)

Portugeezer

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm actually a little surprised Capcom isn't making a new game for 3DS or something, what with Arthur being in MvC3 and all. That's usually a good launching point for them.
They remade one for PSP, I assume it flopped.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
herzogzwei1989 said:
Retro Studios Game

See, this is where I think a rebooted StarTropics would work perfectly--especially with Uncharted 3 coming. If the system is more powerful than PS3, it could be a great showcase and comparison (with Uncharted 3) for the power of the system.

I want to see Mario Kart take a few steps back no fancy karts or bikes just bigger tracks with weather effects = wind rain mud and snow also lots of water elements

F-Zero need a reboot not sure what would make it sell more

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This week is going to take forever, knowing its the last one before the storm. All we have is rumors and predictions, we need something real.

Sianos

Smiles and Cries said:
I want to see Mario Kart take a few steps back no fancy karts or bikes just bigger tracks with weather effects = wind rain mud and snow also lots of water elements

F-Zero need a reboot not sure what would make it sell more

From the trailer we've seen and the assorted screensots, it doesn't look like there'll be bikes, the classic kart is returning, and from the looks of the thinner tracks 8 player races might be returning. It looks like a good sign to me, but we'll see once E3 comes.

NSQuote said:
From the trailer we've seen and the assorted screensots, it doesn't look like there'll be bikes, the classic kart is returning, and from the looks of the thinner tracks 8 player races might be returning. It looks like a good sign to me, but we'll see once E3 comes.
All we seen of MK was a looping clip. In other words absolutely nothing new

People, let's calm our asses down.

Retro just released Donkey Kong Country, it's a bit too soon for them to announce a new game, especially an HD game.

As for Smash Bros., Sakurai is too busy developing that shooter... Kid Icarus... game. *sigh*

A waste of resource, I wanted it to be an adventure game like Zelda!

Nope, not really. Some very untrustworthy rumors is all.

I doubt Nintendo sanctioned the leaks. That's not a very "Nintendo" thing to do. Then again, neither is courting third parties, so....who knows, I guess!

XPE

ShockingAlberto said:
Was Kid Icarus ever supposed to be a launch title?

I think it was Nintendos goal to have it out at launch, but obviously it must have a been a bit to ambitious.

Sammy Samusu said:
People, let's calm our asses down.

Retro just released Donkey Kong Country, it's a bit too soon for them to announce a new game, especially an HD game.

As for Smash Bros., Sakurai is too busy developing that shooter... Kid Icarus... game. *sigh*

A waste of resource, I wanted it to be an adventure game like Zelda!

I haven't been paying any attention to that game past the trailers, but is it just a shooter-like on rails experience? That's massively disappointing if so. Kid Icarus would've been a great action/platformer like Ratchet & Clank, or Jak & Daxter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom