• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

Father_Brain said:
As much as I love the Prime series, I would be happier to see Retro focused solely on new IP. It might be riskier from Nintendo's perspective, but that's the kind of risk Nintendo needs to take if they want to expand Cafe's Western core audience beyond devotees of its existing IP.

Retro could do something awesome.

Oh shit, in 10 minutes it'll be tuesday. It's ONE WEEK until we know everything. This year has absolutely flown past...

This list is an absolute mess, but with CoroCoro teasing a new Pokémon game, who knows?

And I'm not expecting Cafe to be priced or dated.

EDIT: I don't know why, but it just occured to me that Capcom may have a demo of Resident Evil 5 running on Cafe. That shit is OLD and I'll not have it.

What I want from Retro, in order:

1.) Metroid Prime 4
2.) Metroid Prime 4
3.) Metroid Prime 4

I don't care if they said they were done with Metroid or whatever, just give us fucking Metroid Prime 4!

Rich!

herzogzwei1989 said:
What I want from Retro, in order:

1.) Metroid Prime 4
2.) Metroid Prime 4
3.) Metroid Prime 4

I don't care if they said they were done with Metroid or whatever, just give us fucking Metroid Prime 4!

I'd rather have...

Metroid Dread. 3DS.

John_B

I want to believe those specs. It would annihilate the current high definition consoles.

It requires a high level troll do spend time researching and calculating shit to hammer out some fake but totally believable specs like that. Well done shattering dreams.

Thraktor

Fourth Storm said:
I don't know about that. How are they emulating the DS on the 3DS? I think the ARM11 can run the ARM 9 code natively, but the 3DS GPU is a whole different beast from the DS's oddball unit. The ONLY home console that Nintendo has implemented BC in is the Wii, which is much more a byproduct of their decision to cut costs by using a slightly modified GCN chip set.

Nintendo don't seem to have said how the DS compatibility works on the 3DS, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's extra DS hardware on the die with the CPU to ensure compatibility. The GBA had a Z80 onboard for GB/GBC BC, and the DS itself had an ARM7 for GBA BC, so it fits with past experience, and the fact that DS games seem to run without a hitch on it. You're right that the Wii is the only home console to feature BC, but it still fits with their handheld designs; every time that Nintendo have implemented backwards compatibility, they've done so with full binary compatibility in hardware.

Fernando Rocker said:
But why a new Metroid game from the Prime series?

They could develop a new Metroid <New Series> game instead...

Fair enough. As long as I get my console Metroid HD, I'll be happy.

Oh and I forgot all about Metroid Dread.

Rich!

CrunchyFrog said:
Though I think it's way more likely to be Starfox, this would be my second choice.

Starfox would be great - but I'd love a new metroid. Actually, either Starfox or F-Zero would do me just fine.

Rich!

Always-honest said:
Metroid (Prime 4?) in HD , yes please.

If it is something like that, how would you feel about going back to a standard controller (if the rumours are true, and assuming you've played MP Trilogy) ?

richisawesome said:
If it is something like that, how would you feel about going back to a standard controller (if the rumours are true, and assuming you've played MP Trilogy) ?

Well, that is how Prime was originally designed.
Maybe they'd include an option for pointer controls anyway.

MYE

richisawesome said:

I would not be very pleased.
At all

:(

Rich!

AceBandage said:
Well, that is how Prime was originally designed.

Maybe so - and I played Metroid Prime 1 and 2 countless times on the gamecube. But as soon as I played them with a wiimote, I never looked back.

Dual analog would be an improvement though. Going back to just one stick for movement whenever I play the gamecube version just feels so, so wrong.

klier

I'm the biggest Nintendo fan, but come on. Bring back Olimar and Falcon instead of Samus.

Metroid was a dead series, but from the GCN on we've got so many Metroid games. Bring back some other dead franchises now for God's sake.

klier said:
I'm the biggest Nintendo fan, but come on. Bring back Olimar and Falcon instead of Samus.

Metroid was a dead series, but from the GCN on we've got so many Metroid games. Bring back some other dead franchises now for God's sake.

We're getting a new Pikmin. And we'll likely see a new F-Zero pretty soon.
But Metroid is just such an awesome series.

klier

AceBandage said:
We're getting a new Pikmin. And we'll likely see a new F-Zero pretty soon.
But Metroid is just such an awesome series.

Metroid is awesome, agreed. But I've been waiting for Pikmin since the launch of the Wii pretty much, and for all I know Pikmin 3 end up on 3DS....which I SERIOUSLY hope won't happen (I'm not a portable gamer, except 'games' on my iPad)

klier

herzogzwei1989 said:
Believe it or not, I've NEVER played Pikmin. I'd be willing to try an HD Pikmin 3 though.

No reason not to believe you, but Pikmin is Nintendo Magic to the max. Period.

And from every series Nintendo has, the photorealistic slow paced worlds of Pikmin could be the ultimate showcase for Cafe graphics.

Krowley

herzogzwei1989 said:
Believe it or not, I've NEVER played Pikmin. I'd be willing to try an HD Pikmin 3 though.

Pikmin 2 is basically like mana from heaven.

Haven't tried part 1 myself because everybody always said it was a good proof of concept but much weaker than 2, and I ended up playing 2 first.

Krowley said:
Pikmin 2 is basically like mana from heaven.

Haven't tried part 1 myself because everybody always said it was a good proof of concept but much weaker than 2, and I ended up playing 2 first.
Oddly I never got to play P2, and I loved P1 (multiple playthroughs and all). I should hunt it down and give it a try.

klier

Haven't played Pikmin 1 in many years (nor Pikmin 2 for that matters), so I don't quite know how it holds up today, but it's a wonderful game as well. I liked 2 more too, but 1 is a classic not to be missed.

AND PLEASE 3 NEXT WEEK. In full HD glory.

Big One

Banned
How is that Super Mario 3DS point a prediction? That's Miyamoto confirmed, motherfucker

The Vitality Sensor is also confirmed for E3

Sianos

klier said:
No reason not to believe you, but Pikmin is Nintendo Magic to the max. Period.

And from every series Nintendo has, the photorealistic slow paced worlds of Pikmin could be the ultimate showcase for Cafe graphics.
Pikmin in HD would be glorious, and seems to be the perfect fit for what Nintendo seems to want in a launch game.

The game is gorgeous, very fun, a smaller ip that won't overshadow 3rd party launch titles, would benefit from the controller screen, and as you said has that special Nintendo Magic.

Plus, haven't we seen some Pikmin related stuff in the AR cards and the original demos of the systems 3d functions? It seems they've been hinting at Pikmin for a while.

Based on the above posts, I think I'll have to track down copies of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for my GameCube, while I await the introduction of Pikmin 3 for Cafe next week :)

Penguin

herzogzwei1989 said:
Based on the above posts, I think I'll have to track down copies of Pikmin and Pikmin 2 for my GameCube, while I await the introduction of Pikmin 3 for Cafe next week :)

Well I believe Nintendo re-released Pikmin 1 for the Wii as part of the New Control Play series.

Sianos

Penguin said:
Well I believe Nintendo re-released Pikmin 1 for the Wii as part of the New Control Play series.
And if you live anywhere otehr than America, they have Pikmin 2 for Wii as well.

Penguin said:

Oh yeah, and that reminds me, I really need to pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy, but GameStop is charging $70 for a used copy :(

JohnTinker said:
So what happens if they only have two playable 1st party games and three playable 3rd party games, then show the rest on video? Missed opportunity? Is that enough to tide us over and build enough hype?
I'm not sure we'll even necessarily get "games".

Recall both the Wii controller and 3DS reveals. Wii featured a rejiggered Metroid Prime 2 level and minigames that would end up in Wii Play and Wii Sports. 3DS had a Kid Icarus video, but the vast majority of 3D content was unplayable except for, like, Face Raiders.

I think more "tech demos" and less "Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Metroid Prime 4" might be the practical expectation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ShockingAlberto said:

Recall both the Wii controller and 3DS reveals. Wii featured a rejiggered Metroid Prime 2 level and minigames that would end up in Wii Play and Wii Sports. 3DS had a Kid Icarus video, but the vast majority of 3D content was unplayable except for, like, Face Raiders.

I think more "tech demos" and less "Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Metroid Prime 4" might be the practical expectation.

Yep, any of those big Nintendo games are going to be on videos. I'm thinking Pikmin, whatever Retro is up to, and SSB4.

Sianos

ShockingAlberto said:

I still am hoping for Pikmin 3 on Cafe. <3

Cafe or not, Pikmin 3 will be at E3. And even if it isn't at E3, it means that Pikmin 3 will have definitely moved up to Cafe.

klier

ShockingAlberto said:

Exactly, and those tech demos will feature concepts we will see a generation later, when the hardware is really ready :p Like the 100 Marios becoming Galaxy (sort of)

antonz

Cafe is going to be fully playable at E3.

That fact indicates the console is comign sooner than later. We are basically getting 2 years worth of E3 reveals in 1 this year as far as Cafe goes. We are skipping the Tease E3 and going straight to the next years E3 where system is shown.

ShockingAlberto said:

Eh?
Pretty much everything 3DS was playable outside of like Kingdom Hearts and Paper Mario and Mario Kart.
Every Launch game was playable and so was Resident Evil.

Just the thought of Super Mario Galaxy 3 running on hardware several times more powerful than 360/PS3 sends shivers down my spine. EAD Tokyo is my favorite of Nintendo's internal developers and I know they won't disappoint. Whether or not we see it at E3 this year, is another story.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dreamwriter said:
Metroid: Other M 2

This belongs in a "What Nintendo can do to screw up at E3" thread.

Sianos

klier said:
Exactly, and those tech demos will feature concepts we will see a generation later, when the hardware is really ready :p Like the 100 Marios becoming Galaxy (sort of)
Did the 100 Mario demo become Pikmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom