• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 2 confirmed

danowat

Banned
Isn't that how development works? Finish one game and start another. No where does it say stop all development and support of post release content and patches for the first game.

Normally, yes, but the impression I got from SMS was that Pcars (1) wasn't going to be like that.

Andy said: "The concept of releasing a game and moving on are long gone."

Normally, yes, but the impression I got from SMS was that Pcars (1) wasn't going to be like that.

Doesn't "moving on" refer to not supporting the game with patches and DLC? They've already committed to releasing post release content. That statement really shouldn't have anything to do with what new games they are working on as long as they stay true to their commitment of supporting pCARS 1.

danowat

Banned
Doesn't "moving on" refer to not supporting the game with patches and DLC? They've already committed to releasing post release content. That statement really shouldn't have anything to do with what new games they are working on as long as they stay true to their commitment of supporting pCARS 1.

I guess it's all down to interpretation in the end.

Moving on, to me, describes leaving that product and developing a new one.

DLC and patches are nothing new in this day and age, infact they are mostly expected, SMS made it sound like PCars was going to be a service, that they were doing something that hadn't been done in the genre.

eFKac

Ehh I'm not getting PC before Morpheus hits, so if a sequel is officialy announced by then, I'll reconsider what to get.
Maybe we'll get some kind of Gran Turismo for Morpheus launch and it all will be a mute point anyway.

I guess it's all down to interpretation in the end.

Moving on, to me, describes leaving that product and developing a new one.

DLC and patches are nothing new in this day and age, infact they are mostly expected, SMS made it sound like PCars was going to be a service, that they were doing something that hadn't been done in the genre.

Just last month they said free DLC cars every month. That, along with car pack releases seems like quite a bit of content to me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I hope pcars 2 expands on the career model and they include rally, as was originally planned.

DieH@rd

Banned
First game is not even out.

lol

Its a dev posting on a non-public forum, same happens for every sequel. Planning starts early. But this got leaked because all backers got to see it.

Anyhow, take my money SMS. I already played over 2 years of pCARS, saw it rise slowly into great polished state and I am fully ready for another adventure. :) [hopefully this time in nextgen-only game]

_machine

I suppose it was the impression that the devs gave that has misled people, they gave the impression that their full attention would be given to working on Pcars and providing content for it for "a very long time", not spent on a sequel (not that I assumed a sequel would never appear, but I just assumed that Pcars would be their primary focus for the time being).
But that's what is happening - nothing has changed

I already explained it earlier, but what you describe is the situation. The reason they are already planning it is that pre-production takes a long time, but you don't want many people on it (the better the pre-production, the better the game, the development environment, the management everything). It changes nothing regards to the support of pCARS1.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'd definitely like to be a part of the development this time around. Should have a gaming PC and vr to test builds as well. I hope pcars does well!

Metfanant

I don't understand the fake outrage over this...

They finished the first game...now they are transitioning some of the staff to the sequel...that's how game development works...

There is no need for your core programmers or designers to continue to work on something they have finished...they can go lay the ground work for the next title while the rest of the team focuses on delivering content for the first game...

Jamesways

I for one am outraged by the prospect of another awesome sim game on consoles.

It's like if if GT7 or FM6 or 7 were planned to eventually come out. Preposterous!

How dare devs plan future releases!

OUTRAGE! *shakes fist at sky*

Can't wait to back this one too! Definitely will put in more money this time.

Smarm aside, will be fantastic to have some serious motorsport sims on console.

Top Bottom