• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 2 |OT| Buggy Racing At The Four Seasons

AmyS

Hopefully base PS4 owners get an improved framerate when a large amount of cars are present on screen / in weather.

Vasili2K38

By myself

https://twitter.com/WitcherVasilisk/status/918049434524667904

DL2RF6vXkAAqsVI.jpg

ValfarHL

PC patch notes:

Improved driving line assist.
Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
USB keyboard support improved.
Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
Improved default assists for gamepad users.
Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
Optimisations to tracks across the game.
Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Uiki

Controller or wheel?

I don't think it matters.. i tried with controller right now. The lock wheels thinghy was the same on wheel too. It wasn't a smooth slowdown.. it was pretty much useless. It's huge if you play with authentic assists. I tried with a couple of gt3 cars (audi, ferrari, lamborghini) because it's what i drove the most, dunno if it's specific to some classes.

Very vague patch notes but hopefully all the game ruiners have been ironed out.
Yea, why do devs do that? "More stability", "improved steering with a controller", "tweaks to the tire model, mostly notable to wheel players on sim steering".

Is this secret sauce? Do they not want to irritate us with details? Are there so many changes that it would be too embarassing to admit all of them?
Considering how hard it is for some devs to get their XB1 and PS4 patches approved, there must be a more comprehensive list somewhere.
Now people on their forums wondering about the physics of certain cars are left guessing if something has changed and if so, what has changed.

Eeh, maybe I'm just not used to PR patch notes anymore - Kunos and Reiza certainly are much more open about their mistakes, changes and improvements. Even Codemasters are better, this is up there with Forza level of PR-filtering.

danowat

Banned
I don't think it matters.. i tried with controller right now. The lock wheels thinghy was the same on wheel too. It wasn't a smooth slowdown.. it was pretty much useless. It's huge if you play with authentic assists. I tried with a couple of gt3 cars (audi, ferrari, lamborghini) because it's what i drove the most, dunno if it's specific to some classes.
They said they have altered the default assists with controller, hence why I asked.

I tweaked it via setup before, it doesn't feel the same but I only did a few laps so i might be wrong.

If you tell me what car exactly, what brake pressure and balance and what ABS setting(~about'ish) I can test it from before and after the patch and we can take a look at the telemetry(edit: I mean shared memory, exported with graphs).
I'm interested too, pCARS ABS was/is very inferior to Assetto Corsas.

Uiki

If you tell me what car exactly, what brake pressure and balance and what ABS setting(~about'ish) I can test it from before and after the patch and we can take a look at the telemetry.
I'm interested too, pCARS ABS was/is very inferior to Assetto Corsas.

Ferrari 488 gt3: 85%, 60/40, abs 75%, that's the default stable. I tried with 94% pressure and 54/46, same results.

Audi r8 lms: 99%, 56/44, 75%.

Huracan gt3: 94%, 58/44, 75%

All set on authentic, not sure what changes between braking assist on low/high.

Ferrari 488 gt3: 85%, 60/40, abs 75%, that's the default stable. I tried with 94% pressure and 54/46, same results.

Audi r8 lms: 99%, 56/44, 75%.

Huracan gt3: 94%, 58/44, 75%

All set on authentic, not sure what changes between braking assist on low/high.

Ok, thanks, gonna have a look at it later today!

Uiki

TC Clio is different too, the rear is way more grippy on default tuning. I can also turn on aids (wasn't able to do it before, pc).

God, I wish for detailed patch notes.

TC Clio is different too, the rear is way more grippy on default tuning. I can also turn on aids (wasn't able to do it before, pc).

God, I wish for detailed patch notes.

Hmm, maybe the physics guys at SMS do know their shit much better than their higher tier fanboy members who defended the rear sliding off of the Clio. I believed them the lift off of one rear wheel in hard corners because of the solid rear axle, but not the sliding away of the one rear tire left - if that one tire couldn't take it and slide so often in longer, flat corners, then nobody would consider the softer front ARB that allows the rear tire lifting to be a viable option.

Gonna have to check that too. And just saw that the Lotus cars supposedly have gotten a "Vintage" tire [the "track" tire was terrible and broken]. Need to check that too.

fresquito

Hmm, maybe the physics guys at SMS do know their shit much better than their higher tier fanboy members who defended the rear sliding off of the Clio. I believed them the lift off of one rear wheel in hard corners because of the solid rear axle, but not the sliding away of the one rear tire left - if that one tire couldn't take it and slide so often in longer, flat corners, then nobody would consider the softer front ARB that allows the rear tire lifting to be a viable option.

Gonna have to check that too. And just saw that the Lotus cars supposedly have gotten a "Vintage" tire [the "track" tire was terrible and broken]. Need to check that too.
Don't doubt that for a moment.

Mascot

Yea, why do devs do that? "More stability", "improved steering with a controller", "tweaks to the tire model, mostly notable to wheel players on sim steering".

Is this secret sauce? Do they not want to irritate us with details? Are there so many changes that it would be too embarassing to admit all of them?
Considering how hard it is for some devs to get their XB1 and PS4 patches approved, there must be a more comprehensive list somewhere.
Now people on their forums wondering about the physics of certain cars are left guessing if something has changed and if so, what has changed.

Eeh, maybe I'm just not used to PR patch notes anymore - Kunos and Reiza certainly are much more open about their mistakes, changes and improvements. Even Codemasters are better, this is up there with Forza level of PR-filtering.

I was just about to say the same. These patch notes couldn't be more wooly if they went 'baa' and gave Welshmen erections. One wonders just how much substance there is in there, and how you would quantify it. Maybe SMS are hoping for placebo.

Kunos actually provide details.

danowat

Banned
Makes sense to be wolly.

'Yeah it say that, but it really means this, that will be fixed later.'

USB keyboard support improved.

As in it now works, it didn't before.

I'd like to know more about the career improvements, enough to warrant starting a new career?

Improved default assists for gamepad users.

Not 100% sure what that means either.

Wow, as Steam starts with windows on my PC, it knew about the about the update immediately and now cancelling the update doesn't let me play the game until it's updated. Even if I disconnect internet and start Steam in offline, won't let me start the game. *-*
You learn something new every day.

terrible

Banned
This is a pipe dream but I hope they improved VR performance so I can do stormy weather :(

Wow, as Steam starts with windows on my PC, it knew about the about the update immediately and now cancelling the update doesn't let me play the game until it's updated. Even if I disconnect internet and start Steam in offline, won't let me start the game. *-*
You learn something new every day.

Yeah, I've had that happen to me with other games before.

Uiki

Well, sliding on all the touring cars was insane. I played 3 hours online yesterday night doing tc only and it was so hard to drive clean, especially on donnington or brands hatch... right now it feels like i have assists on lol

Well, sliding on all the touring cars was insane. I played 3 hours online yesterday night doing tc only and it was so hard to drive clean, especially on donnington or brands hatch... right now it feels like i have assists on lol

Oh, what a shame. (wink wink)

Clio or TC races were easy wins online because rarely you would see anyone dealing with the pronounced lift off oversteer of these cars. It required a 100% on throttle or 100% on brake attitude.

I´ll comment more after testing, i´m all for more realism, so if there was something to be fixed, that´s the way to go.

I did find the FF cars more forgiving than in Raceroom, so i don´t know if they fixed something or just made it easier due to complains.

Top Bottom