• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Ragus

Banned
Bought Driving Force GT for GT5 and I was having a great time. Does this wheel work as good in Project Cars? I loved force feedback in GT5.

PC version ofc.

fresquito

Bought Driving Force GT for GT5 and I was having a great time. Does this wheel work as good in Project Cars? I loved force feedback in GT5.

PC version ofc.
I don't know about GT5, but DFGT works pretty well with this game. Specially if you mod your pedals :-D

Still, you'll be missing the joy of H shiting (the joy of losing ground because the gear didn't enter xD)

xrnzaaas

So how are the default controls on the PS4? I remember that NfS Shift had it all wrong and you had to tweak the dead zones etc. yourself. I'd also like to play with as many assists off as possible using a gamepad.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Had my first race, ran pretty good did notice a little tearing in one part but overall seemed to run smoothly. To say it's only running at 900p the IQ is pretty damn clean which I'm glad with. I hate games that have piss poor IQ.

Trying another race now with rain and 35 cars and only 2 laps in out of 6 so the rain hasn't kicked in yet but I started with Haze and will finish in a Thunderstorm so lets see how the ending goes.

addyb

Noticed a few people complaining elsewhere in regards to the xbox one version. Saying frame rate issues and juddering especially on corners. Is this true?

Helznicht

Can some that have had the game on PC list the graphical effects that are CPU driven. It is likely the weak point in my rig (i5 3.5 ghz and gtx 970). Might help me get to optimum settings quickly instead of fiddiling around with them. thanks.

MaLDo

Can some that have had the game on PC list the graphical effects that are CPU driven. It is likely the weak point in my rig (i5 3.5 ghz and gtx 970). Might help me get to optimum settings quickly instead of fiddiling around with them. thanks.

As every other game: shadows, LOD (car quality and track quality) and reflections. GPU effects are resolution, Antialiasing, motion blur, Aniso, env. quality.

The Cowboy

I'm gonna hold of on buying this for now, the reviews seem good but i have an R9 280x and the benchmarks that are around really don't inspire confidence (a 660ti beating an R9 290x for example).

Hopefully its a driver issue and is quickly fixed, but no way will i be buying this until something is done for AMD cards, if the benchmarks are correct its flat out broken for AMD cards IMO.

_machine

I'm gonna hold of on buying this for now, the reviews seem good but i have an R9 280x and the benchmarks that are around really don't inspire confidence (a 660ti beating an R9 290x for example).

Hopefully its a driver issue and is quickly fixed, but no way will i be buying this until something is done for AMD cards, if the benchmarks are correct its flat out broken for AMD cards IMO.
I've been playing it with a 280x and can't remember any major performance issues lately, though I haven't been able to play much in the past few months or looked at benchmarks. I'll try to test it tomorrow and see what kind of settings I have been using. Sucks that AMD hasn't been very good at providing up to date drivers lately.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
i asked about logitech/g25/g27 support for ps4 and andy said he has the answer to this but cant speak about it atm.
that sounds interessting.

That it was :) We'll have a replay of the stream asap, it was really great stuff :)

the stream was awesome!
very good moderation and honest and thorough answers from andy

bombshell

So the lovely guys at Gamersyde just had a PS4 livestream with Andy Tudor:

http://www.twitch.tv/gamersyde/v/4756621

Among many questions they asked whether Logitech wheel support for the PS4 version is possible in the future. (at 49:30)

The answer from Andy: "Our list of supported wheels are not final, please hang in there [laughs]... We have the answer, but we just can't tell it right now".

That's positive, right? :)

Edit: damn you Steiner :p

Metfanant

Can´t find the game on PS Store at all. No Preloadind, not at "coming soon" section, no media.... What's going on?
US store?

It's been addressed...when they moved back the release date, in the process of going gold they missed the deadline to secure a spot on the US Store for a Pre-order/preload...

So you'll have to grab it on release day..BUT they did confirm that the digital version will include BOTH the modified car pack (Pre-order) and the limited edition car pack (there is no physical limited edition in the US so its the only way to get those cars)

So the lovely guys at Gamersyde just had a PS4 livestream with Andy Tudor:

http://www.twitch.tv/gamersyde/v/4756621

Among many questions they asked whether Logitech wheel support for the PS4 version is possible in the future. (at 49:30)

The answer from Andy: "Our list of supported wheels are not final, please hang in there [laughs]... We have the answer, but we just can't tell it right now".

That's positive, right? :)

Edit: damn you Steiner :p

Sony making them hold back until they announce more wheel support at E3 alongside GT7.

Tales from my ass.

jorkila

Yep. So long as that platform is PC.

Consoles update whenever the hell they feel like. I seriously doubt the PS4/XB1 will be at midnight exactly. Even then it doesn't look like there's even preloading.

UK has pre-load and does say midnight but I thought that it was the 8th. Shame mine still has 6hrs downloading to do :-( PSN is so slow right now!!!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Sony making them hold back until they announce more wheel support at E3 alongside GT7.

Tales from my ass.

that is exactly what i said in the stream after andy answered the question. i tried to get this answered but blim didnt ask the question to andy :D

Just discovered this guy on Twitch and he's had me laughing my ass off.

http://www.twitch.tv/valdudes

valdudes is a genuinly awesome dude.
hes streaming anything that has a wheel and tyres. awesome streamer.
also very high bitrate in his streams, console games always with capture card.

UK has pre-load and does say midnight but I thought that it was the 8th. Shame mine still has 6hrs downloading to do :-( PSN is so slow right now!!!

Try changing your MTU on the PS4 to 1473.

I was getting a very slow download, googled this, made the change, now it's maxing my connection.

Dobsie

So this being the first game I've preordered on PSN I didn't realise that the ps4 wouldn't turn itself on automatically to download the game. I turned it on around 8:30 pm tonight and it started downloading immediately, there was the day one patch, a 3.8GB file and now its doing a 19.9GB file. Will I be able to start the game at midnight off of just the 3.8GB file?
19.9GB file showing 7 hours til completion!

So this being the first game I've preordered on PSN I didn't realise that the ps4 wouldn't turn itself on automatically to download the game. I turned it on around 8:30 pm tonight and it started downloading immediately, there was the day one patch, a 3.8GB file and now its doing a 19.9GB file. Will I be able to start the game at midnight off of just the 3.8GB file?
19.9GB file showing 7 hours til completion!

I think there's a race/single circuit and car unlocked.

Top Bottom