• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

aliengmr

I remember someone saying "I am sure you'll find a good AI setting as there are 100 levels of AI"

There aren't, there are 10....

Huh?

Setting goes to 100.

Kind of confused, where do I go to accept contract offers or switch disciplines? Just won the first karting championship and got lots of emails but I'm not sure how the system works.

They are in your email. You accept them from there, at least on PC.

Chemist

Neo Member
I remember someone saying "I am sure you'll find a good AI setting as there are 100 levels of AI"

There aren't, there are 10....

No there are actually 100 levels, I currently sit at around 72-77 depending on the race. Fine tune the AI before a race day.

aliengmr

I'm on PC and don't see where to accept, is there a hyperlink I'm missing? Using a controller for navigation.

When you select the email messages it will be on the top right, in the heading.

I was confused at first too. First I got an invitational, but I hadn't actually completed the championship and got the trophy. Once that happened I got the contracts to move to the next class and the ability to go to the invitational races.

Lego Boss

Wounder. Getting this tomorrow, but can't play it for weeks due to being away. It feels like l've been waiting years for this and now it's here l STILL can't check it.

Enjoy everyone!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
No doubt a really, really dumb question but why is everything in the menus locked? I can go to Options and Solo race (Can't choose car or track) and can change a few settings and do a Solo race but I am getting no indication that I am to do any training or anything. Game is retail version, patched and installed.

danowat

Banned
No doubt a really, really dumb question but why is everything in the menus locked? I can go to Options and Solo race (Can't choose car or track) and can change a few settings and do a Solo race but I am getting no indication that I am to do any training or anything. Game is retail version, patched and installed.

That happens when the D1P isn't installed

Gen X

How can you tell? The spinning icon under the Game tab? It wasn't before after I installed the patch, everything was still locked (this was after my initial question above) so I rebooted the console. Now I have the spinning icon again. I'll leave it for a bit and see but it's very hard to tell if it is installing or not. I thought it had a progress bar below the game icon. Going to options says file size is 20gb, that's it.

aro52

I can play it perfectly fine with an Xbox controller on PC. Not sure if they have badly configured settings or are just flooring it all the time, but it's nothing like what they're saying.

I agree, I think that some of those complaints are beacuse some people are not used to sim racers ( Not meaning everyone that complaints ). I read on a spanish board somebody complaining about "not turning the car, going straight", and from his explanation I guess that the only thing that happened is that he blocked the wheels because of not braking properly.

Agreed. Granted, I am using ABS and traction control. Just like I do in real life.

Good to hear!

Karak

Is there some bug where the game suddenly makes you last mid-race for no reason? This has happened twice now :S

Ya its happened a good deal of times to me and I can't figure it out. Ran a great race never touched anything outside the track and no warnings. Then last.

Gen X

How can you tell? The spinning icon under the Game tab? It wasn't before after I installed the patch, everything was still locked (this was after my initial question above) so I rebooted the console. Now I have the spinning icon again. I'll leave it for a bit and see but it's very hard to tell if it is installing or not. I thought it had a progress bar below the game icon. Going to options says file size is 20gb, that's it.

All good now, geez, must've taken close to 1&1/2 hours to install if that's what it was doing. Onto the Kart racing we go.

danowat

Banned
PS4 pad players, spent three hours tweaking, and this is the best settings I've got, so it might help, I'm using no assists.

Input mode 3
Steering deadzone 15
Steering sensitivity 30

AcridMeat

Banned
Played a handful of races, started off on pro with a gamepad, will set up my wheel when I have more free time.

Initial impressions were pretty good. The AI at 80 (I guess pro default?) was pretty bad, need to bump that up. With a controller and those settings it felt worse than what I remember a gamepad on Race 07 was like. Next time I'll try AI 90/100 and full simulation everything, I thought I had it already but apparently not.

Can't wait to start a GAF PC league for this.

xrnzaaas

PS4 pad players, spent three hours tweaking, and this is the best settings I've got, so it might help, I'm using no assists.

Input mode 3
Steering deadzone 15
Steering sensitivity 30

Thanks, will try that when my copy is delivered. I assume the assists aren't a major gamechanger since you can play using a pad without them?

Accidentally hit renew contract instead of accepting the invitation from the same team for the bump up to 225c. What a terrible fucking system, I've lost all desire to play another season now.

DJKhaled

What's it like playing with a wheel? never done it besides stuff like daytona in arcades. I really only like arcade racers, but I think owning a wheel might make me like racing sims.

Dominator

Really curious about this but I don't know if I'm interested unless the cars handle like DriveClub, and I'm positive they don't lol

I'll probably pick it up down the line.

aliengmr

What's it like playing with a wheel? never done it besides stuff like daytona in arcades. I'm really only like arcade racers, but I think owning a wheel might make me like racing sims.

It definitely ups the fun factor, but won't really make it easier. Well it does, but jumping in from arcades, there will be a learning curve, just not a massive one.

Patience is key. pCars is definitely the place to start. I played Assetto Corsa and while its good in its own right, pCars in infinitely more inviting.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That would be great. I still have my DFGT lying around and won't get another wheel just because they can't get their sh... together and implement backwards compatability (I don't blame the developer, it's on Sonys and/or Logitechs side, we had an own thread about that topic a while ago).

But I am sceptical, as it seems to be about some kind of missing security chip and why wouldn't have Driveclub supported it, if it would be possible?

Security chip is bullshit as the T500 works which was built before the PS4 came out, and skull kids is going to support PS3 fight sticks. Consensus seems to be settling on either Sony not having paid a license for immersion on PS4, so logitech wheels cannot be supported with FFB; or sonys having struck some stupid timed exclusivity deal with thrustmaster. in theory both of those would expire this year so people are hoping for support to be announced after that.

Hawk269

Really curious about this but I don't know if I'm interested unless the cars handle like DriveClub, and I'm positive they don't lol

I'll probably pick it up down the line.

This is a sim racer, if you want a racer that handles like DC, then you would want a fantasy/arcade racing game. DC handles nothing like a sim racer. It is a good game for what it is, but PCars is a sim racer and if you want a game that handles like DC, then stay FAR AWAY from this game as it does handle like DC at all.

Top Bottom