• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

ducksauce

Embarassing question, but how do I exit the game?

I play in big picture mode and the only way I've found to exit the game is to use the BPM exit game option and that warns you that you should only use it as a last resort or something like that. Seems really weird.

Monkfish

Banned
A few people have mentioned this now so I'd say yes. It's bugged.

not the only bug, finished 2nd in an online qualifying last night, but started the race in 3rd place

oh and don't make the mistake I made of choosing a nice slow old car with all assists on then wonder why your all over the track with all assists still on - seems the 1970's Fords didn't have any traction control

I still can't believe that I'm locked into another season of 125C kart racing. When the season ends you get shoved to your emails and finally get to accept a contract invite. The problem is if you back out and go back in it seems to auto accept the contract renewal :/ Or it's just really twitchy about it. At the very least there should be a confirm that asks "Do you really want to do another 20 races in the exact same speed class you've been doing?"

Renewing your contract with the same team should at least bump you up to the next class, especially when they send you a second email asking you to join their team for the next tier as if you hadn't won 3 trophies for them.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
DS4 users on console, can you assign right stick for throttle and brake?

Yeah you can, but keep note of every button that is assigned otherwise you won't be able to leave the config screen until you do. Took me a little while taking notes of where things like Kers, Look Back etc as I tried to change to my preference. Still, at least you can.

Yeah you can, but keep note of every button that is assigned otherwise you won't be able to leave the config screen until you do. Took me a little while taking notes of where things like Kers, Look Back etc as I tried to change to my preference. Still, at least you can.

Thanks. Not being able to use my G27 setup with wheel stand is a real bummer though.

Korezo

Anyone know if all cars are 900 degrees with steering wheel? Because if it is that could be the reason why I can't turn well and end uo riding the wall.

danowat

Banned
Are you using the driving line?

No, nothing..

Couple of things.

Am I missing something on the console, every slide only offers increments of 10, I would prefer it to do increments of 1, 80 AI isn't enough, 90 is a bit too much, would like to try 85.

Also, anyone else finding that there is a lack of speed? Driving at 200mph in the C9 feels like a trip down the shops

aliengmr

Anyone know if all cars are 900 degrees with steering wheel? Because if it is that could be the reason why I can't turn well and end uo riding the wall.

I had to set my global on my G27 profiler.

I also kept going in to the wall too. I don't know if varies per car though.

I also ran into a problem after I calibrated my wheel in game. Some sort of conflict.

nasanu

Banned
I had to set my global on my G27 profiler.

I also kept going in to the wall too. I don't know if varies per car though.

I also ran into a problem after I calibrated my wheel in game. Some sort of conflict.

They never fixed this?... Wow, this was the very first thing I noted playing the December build.

Mogwai

Is it possible to view distance driven in total and for each car?

I can see how far I've driven in my "favorite car" from the statistics screen. But that seems a little sparse :/

I had a quick rip around Donington Park last night in the e30 M3... must say I love how the game feels, the weight of the car, the cameras, the track/environment... and the sounds!

However, I did find the ghosting issue to be a little offputting. Noticed it seconds into the first race and I just can't unsee it.

I know there is another thread for PCars performance, but could somebody shed light on whether this will be fixed/addressed on PS4? or if anything can be done to reduce it?

ps add me on PSN - sysmyth

_machine

They shouldn't be, as far as I know they have proper per-car steering locks by default, but I can't confirm it as I have no wheel available at the moment. I'll check the forums in a moment.

Spookie

The simracing community is always angry.

While that's true to some degree, doesn't make his opinion any less valid. I've got a feeling half the video is going to be about the blatant shilling some WMD forum members have been doing.

Kazdane

Where would I be talking for performance on high/medium-ish at 1440*900 (I need a new monitor I know)

i5-4460
r9 290
8GB RAM.

I know there was some ATI issues, but I might grab it with the GMG code...

Your setup is similar to mine (i5-4670 instead of a 4460), but you're playing at 900p, so you should be fine (45 min fps or so) using a mix of Med and High settings.

danowat

Banned
While that's true to some degree, doesn't make his opinion any less valid. I've got a feeling half the video is going to be about the blatant shilling some WMD forum members have been doing.

Shilling?,

Not everyone who enjoys the game is brainwashed.

Of course it's not perfect, and yes, it's clear concessions have been made, but by heck, it's the best racing game I've played up till now.

Parham

Banned
I understand why the game isn't available for pre-load on PSN, but did they ever explain why it's coming out a week later in North America? Is the retail release holding back digital?

Covfan

Is there a photomode? How is it?

There is a photomode, very similar to driveclubs. Come on Logitech/sms/sony/whoever I want to use my dfgt with it :(

CEXAPuyUEAA4hEB.jpg

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Thanks. Not being able to use my G27 setup with wheel stand is a real bummer though.

Oh, they didn't incorporate this? I was kinda hoping that SMS would add it into the config since apparently it's up to the developer whether it supports certain wheels or not regardless of Sonys stand with Thrustmaster. Disappointing.

hesido

Oh, they didn't incorporate this? I was kinda hoping that SMS would add it into the config since apparently it's up to the developer whether it supports certain wheels or not regardless of Sonys stand with Thrustmaster. Disappointing.

It's not up to the developer. There are many parties involved to be able to fix the wheel issue. I'm sure SMS would love to add support for as many wheels as possible.

It being up to the devs is only for other type of input devices (a fight stick for example) not having to deal with technology licensing issues.

Really proud of being one of the 80.000. I backed this back in January 2012 and it's been a great experience to see how a game was made, the stuff the developers posted on the forums was really good, made me feel like I was their offices lol.

I remember when many tracks were just a strip of asphalt and cars weren't detailed.

I'm going to play this mostly on a PS4, but I'll play the PC version now and then.

GHG

Lots of very angry people in the DF performance thread who are never going to buy the game anyway.

I don't understand.

ValfarHL

Does it play good/ok with a t500 on default settings, or should I change a lot of stuff?

If so, are there any guides or such laying around?

Planning to play the shit out of this after work today, and I don't want to waste time fiddling with a load of settings.

Dilly

Banned

It's easy to pin a member of WMD liking the game over other sims as someone who's advertising it only for a ROI.

Lots of very angry people in the DF performance thread who are never going to buy the game anyway.

I don't understand.

If they expected rock solid 60FPS even in the worst conditions, they're idiots if they think that is even possible on this generation of consoles. If I would get this pissed off about a DF review, I'd buy a computer.

SmokyDave

I only got to play for an hour or so last night. My new PC doesn't arrive for a week so I was limited to practicing on my own with all graphical settings as low as they'd go. It was enough to know I'm going to fucking love this game though. The sights, sounds, and feel are all bang on. The car roster is killer, and there are a handful of tracks that I know I'll never tire of lapping.

Now, to hibernate until the postman brings my new rig.

danowat

Banned
Am I the only one who hates / can't drive / can't get their head around, the 125cc Shifter Karts?.

Man alive, I can't drive those little things for toffee.........

_machine

Unfortunately it isn't, it's a hugely complicated issue that might improve or change in the future, but at the moment there is no solution.

In any case, the problem you quoted is a differerent one; it's about having realistic steering locks (amount of rotation per car) automatically applied per car, but apparently there might be issues even though it's supposed to be implemented.

I'm not even bothering with career mode yet until I feel comfortable with racing. I only have the driving line on, all assists off. You really have to go easy on the gas and brake and make heavy use of the analog function of your device.

danowat

Banned
I'm not even bothering with career mode yet until I feel comfortable with racing. I only have the driving line on, all assists off. You really have to go easy on the gas and brake and make heavy use of the analog function of your device.

I made a start on the career with the Karts, realised I hated them, and didn't know the tracks (no practice or qualy in the Karts), so deleted it.

Like you, I am going to spend more time with the cars and the tracks before diving into it again, there is a lot of depth to each of the cars provided, and you really need to learn each combination, as the physics are really punishing at the edges of the grip envelope, in the dry, the wet is a whole other kettle of fish, cars like the 98T are next to impossible to keep in a straight line in the wet, dat turbo boost!.

To be honest, there are probably hundreds of hours just getting to grips with the (what people have deemed as a meagre amount of) supplied cars.

Waiting on the postman...

I like the idea of not being able to restart events. If I play like that, then hopefully it will make each race feel important.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is it normal that career is locked?

Also had anyone got the Modified Car Pack on XB1? I can't download it

Is it normal that career is locked?

Also had anyone got the Modified Car Pack on XB1? I can't download it

Is this game fully downloaded? On ps4 you need most of the game downloaded to play most of the events.

Or do you mean you can't click on it? You will need to create a new career, I think it's the button below ' new'.

Avtomat

I play in big picture mode and the only way I've found to exit the game is to use the BPM exit game option and that warns you that you should only use it as a last resort or something like that. Seems really weird.
There is an x in the top right corner next to your name.

Took me a minute to realise not the best design

Anyone know if the Logitech G25 is gonna be supported on ps4 someday? i saw its supported for the pc ver but im playing on ps4 :(

One of the devs on a stream yesterday didn't rule out Logitech support on PS4. Apparently they have something to announce but can't say anything right bow.

Top Bottom