• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Mascot

Can you use the DLC cars in career mode? Conflicting reports on the Steam forums and elsewhere on the internet.

Not only can you use them, but do they also appear as your opponents?

Edit: who wants to play pCARS bingo..?

11393169_765876323528205_3552547818306682861_n.jpg

_machine

Not only can you use them, but do they also appear as your opponents?
Afaik they were always designed to fit into the career with AI driving them etc. but I haven't had the time to try it out. Will report my finding if I miraculously find some time.

Spookie

What about each time a developer releases a car pack for free? Or what about GT and Forza, which already have many more cars to choose from in the base game? Should they be giving hints to SMS about how to price content properly?

I'm fine with them just giving hints to iRacing. :)

Edit: Damn it, why am I finding my self considering this? That Bentley is so appealing.
Edit 2: Sound isn't that good
listening on youtube with work headset
, disappointing as the car is a monster in RL. It sounds completely unique.

Mascot

Afaik they were always designed to fit into the career with AI driving them etc. but I haven't had the time to try it out. Will report my finding if I miraculously find some time.

Cool, ta. I'll be buying the pack in a few hours regardless, but I hope the cars do mesh into the career seamlessly.

brentech

GT4 career US Trophy event at Sonoma Raceway. I much preferred the varation we had our latest challenge in. This one is real pain in the ass. I missed that final hard right turn a bunch of times in qualifying before I realized the other cars were using it. Not well marked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxgBlkX4q8U

Was happy to finish with my car intact.

Stacey

Banned
Man do I regret choosing karts as my start-up in the career,....

kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
caterham race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
Focus RS race

will it never end?

Linius

Just plow trough it, it's not that bad. Super Karts were actually quite fun. Just some frustrating tracks here and there with hills and holes that make you spin if you're not cautious.

MGR

That Bentley sounds awful in game. :/

Really? That's basically the opposite of my experience.

Admittedly the game sounds quite underwhelming using my old PX5 headset. It was fine for the synthesized noise of GT5/6, but without a basic home theater speaker setup the richness of the Pcars sound is completely lost.

The game is also littered with sound bugs where certain effects don't seem to work sometimes. Like I'll grab 3rd gear and suddenly lose engine or gearbox noise until I shift to 4th. But shift back to 3rd again and it's OK. :/

GHG

Does anyone who plays this game have a 980 Ti yet?

If so does it net 60fps @ 1080p maxed (apart from AA) in all conditions including heavy rain?

xrnzaaas

kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
caterham race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
Focus RS race

will it never end?

You have to complete two seasons in karting when you're starting in Tier 8 (125cc and then Superkarts). At the end of season 2 you should receive offers from other series like the Clio Cup, GT5/4/3, Formula Gulf or LMP3. Also you should know that you can skip the karting invitational evens later on in the career if you're not a fan of them.

As for the DLC's, it sucks they're not planning a season pass. I bet that getting all of the paid DLC's will cost A LOT, at least on PS4 where the prices are higher than in the PC version.

Mascot

Ed, before you leave: do the number of liveries available for individual cars limit how often they populate the grid? The Bentley GT3 only has two liveries, and in 30+ car GT3 races only seems appear once or twice, whereas there are 5+ Z4s, R8s, Rufs etc in every race. I think it would be better if the cars were distributed more evenly. I'm guessing that releasing a bigger selection of liveries (community versions?) alongside DLC cars in future might address this issue - are you able to confirm? If so, are there any plans to release more liveries for the Bentley GT3?

Mascot

As for the DLC's, it sucks they're not planning a season pass. I bet that getting all of the paid DLC's will cost A LOT, at least on PS4 where the prices are higher than in the PC version.

I prefer the option to pick and choose from DLC (I probably won't bother with any cars outside of the GT classes) but for anyone who decides in advance that they want ALL the DLC, regardless of what it is, then yeah, it sucks.

What are the chances of a full BTCC career being implemented?? They've got half the tracks already.

There are rumours that custom championships are coming, so that might be how BTTC would be unofficially accommodated.

That Bentley sounds awful in game. :/

I much prefer the free-revving screamers to the low-rumbling tractor engines too.

danowat

Banned
What are the chances of a full BTCC career being implemented?? They've got half the tracks already.

Truxton and Croft would be amazing to have in the game.

There are a couple of BTCC cars rumoured for DLC, both classic and current, but a BTCC Mondeo would be amazing, but I'd settle for any of the cars from the super touring era where factory teams were chucking mega bucks at BTCC and the cars were almost as complex and expensive as F1 (hyperbole).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nltSfdWORA

xrnzaaas

I prefer the option to pick and choose from DLC (I probably won't bother with any cars outside of the GT classes) but for anyone who decides in advance that they want ALL the DLC, regardless of what it is, then yeah, it sucks.
I understand that completely and that's why they should offer both options. In Driveclub you can buy a season pass or you can keep buying single tours and car packs that interest you.

fresquito

I understand that completely and that's why they should offer both options. In Driveclub you can buy a season pass or you can keep buying single tours and car packs that interest you.

They're not offering Seasson Pass because Season Pass implies you will be releasing exactly what you announced in the terms and conditions that you announced. For a small team such as SMS, that have already a lot of work to do fixing and upgrading the game, commiting to a closed scheduled is a high risk.

Sickbean

Truxton and Croft would be amazing to have in the game.

There are a couple of BTCC cars rumoured for DLC, both classic and current, but a BTCC Mondeo would be amazing, but I'd settle for any of the cars from the super touring era where factory teams were chucking mega bucks at BTCC and the cars were almost as complex and expensive as F1 (hyperbole).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nltSfdWORA

Yeah that would be incredible. Even NGTC would be fine though. I get the impression from the official forums that Ian Bell is a pretty big touring car fan so maybe there is a chance.

Spookie

Glad I haven't got your ears!

I've been to the British GT so I know what the Bentley is suppose to sound like. It's a fucking monster.

I went for a piss and wouldn't be able to tell the GTs cars apart but as soon as that Bentley went past, you knew what is was. This thing sounds like it was recorded through an iPhone! Even with my headphones I can't hear the rumble. Even last weeks Blancpain the commentators remarked on it as it went past, it's a super throaty V8: It looks British, it's the size of a T-34 tank and makes more noise than a marching band.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Racerooms superior sound engineering. :(

kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
caterham race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
kart race
Focus RS race

will it never end?

Karting was utterly joyless for me. Really left a bad taste in my mouth. The 125cc karts have such a stupid starting setup that results in hideous understeer (3-4 click on rear sway bar to fix). Not fun at all.

Does anyone who plays this game have a 980 Ti yet?

If so does it net 60fps @ 1080p maxed (apart from AA) in all conditions including heavy rain?
I'm seeing 60fps almost all the time outside of the 45fps starting grid at storm/night with everything on the highest setting (except reflections) and a high quality downsampling AA. 80% max usage on a single core of my 4790K.

Jamesways

Only got a few min with some of the new cars last night, just love the McLaren, so happy they included it. With 2 new GT1 cars, I'm hoping more come to round out the class.

What I wouldn't give for the Shift 2 GT1 entries to return. the MC12 was a go-to favorite in both Shift games. Loved the cockpit of it in Shift 1 specifically.

Jamesways

I wish the ps4 patch would fix all of the livery issue. In the notes, it's only for a few cars. Almost every car I try to preset a livery one is wrong once the race starts. It nevers sticks, always picks the wrong ones, the only way to change it is to set it back to random.

Mascot

I wish the ps4 patch would fix all of the livery issue. In the notes, it's only for a few cars. Almost every car I try to preset a livery one is wrong once the race starts. It nevers sticks, always picks the wrong ones, the only way to change it is to set it back to random.

Selection also skips every other livery when using the dpad on my GT2 wheel. Maybe the issues are related?

My selected livery seems to stick though (GT cars).

Jamesways

Selection also skips every other livery when using the dpad on my GT2 wheel. Maybe the issues are related?

My selected livery seems to stick though (GT cars).
I'm using the ps4 pad. Even on the new cars, couldn't get the livery to stay after selecting last night. Minor annoyance, but wish they'd fix it.

And eagerly awaiting the patch for other aspects. I did some rain races in career, not fun getting passed by the unaffected AI.

Mascot

Off topic but when the hell did Renault start charging for the Renault World Series at Silverstone? OK, £12 isn't much but it is when it's been free for so many years..!

GHG

Karting was utterly joyless for me. Really left a bad taste in my mouth. The 125cc karts have such a stupid starting setup that results in hideous understeer (3-4 click on rear sway bar to fix). Not fun at all.

I'm seeing 60fps almost all the time outside of the 45fps starting grid at storm/night with everything on the highest setting (except reflections) and a high quality downsampling AA. 80% max usage on a single core of my 4790K.

Great thanks. Can't wait to get my card now.

Momentary

Banned
Man... I must have been the only guy that liked karting. After I got down the handling it was pretty awesome. Loved the sense of speed from being so low to the ground.

danowat

Banned
Man... I must have been the only guy that liked karting. After I got down the handling it was pretty awesome. Loved the sense of speed from being so low to the ground.

You aren't.

Once I got my head around how they handled, I actually quite enjoyed them.

xrnzaaas

They're not offering Seasson Pass because Season Pass implies you will be releasing exactly what you announced in the terms and conditions that you announced. For a small team such as SMS, that have already a lot of work to do fixing and upgrading the game, commiting to a closed scheduled is a high risk.

Haven't thought of it this way, however the financial support from Namco Bandai should be there and from what I've read the game is selling well so they're not risking a flop and immediate studio shutdown. Anyway I'll probably buy some DLC's (I want BTCC asap! :)), but I won't be spending my money on all of them so that I won't ruin my budget.

Top Bottom