• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Juansho

Banned
Great seeing project M get some love, In the future, I would like if it would be possible to add more characters to the roster, although I find it not possible

Hatchtag

Banned
Great seeing project M get some love, In the future, I would like if it would be possible to add more characters to the roster, although I find it not possible

It's both possible and most likely happening. They can have up to 46 characters, they currently have 41. There was a leak that happened that showed that Sami (Advanced Wars), Isaac (Golden Sun), Lynn (Fire Emblem), Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda), and Knuckles (Sonic) are being planned. Version 4.0 is coming later this year, as was revealed by a trailer showing off all-star mode. I expect whichever new characters will be in that version will be revealed before V 4.0 releases.

Dreavus

I'm curious guys, how are you playing this online?

I thought Nintendo shut off the servers for Wii/NDS, or am I missing something here. Does P:M use something else entirely?

Anura

I'm curious guys, how are you playing this online?

I thought Nintendo shut off the servers for Wii/NDS, or am I missing something here. Does P:M use something else entirely?

PM doesn't exactly use something else but it can be made too. Wiimmfi is pretty much a custom server patch that works with several different games. Check it out if you have the time

I totally would if I wasn't exhausted... I swear I will be thinking of smash while laying in bed trying to sleep lol
Haha, no worries. I probably don't have much playtime in me anyway. I'm not setting my alarm for 7 am tomorrow...but something tells me I'll wake up on time anyway.

Juansho

Banned
It's both possible and most likely happening. They can have up to 46 characters, they currently have 41. There was a leak that happened that showed that Sami (Advanced Wars), Isaac (Golden Sun), Lynn (Fire Emblem), Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda), and Knuckles (Sonic) are being planned. Version 4.0 is coming later this year, as was revealed by a trailer showing off all-star mode. I expect whichever new characters will be in that version will be revealed before V 4.0 releases.

Holy Damn, that would be great

Good games Twilt. I really hope Smash4 doesn't suffer from the same lag problems, the novelty of having opponents is already wearing off because of it.

Wish we could all play local somewhere.

EDIT: Frustration subsided, apologies for complaining. Your Link is really good btw!

TWILT

Banned
GGs SNES. Shame about the lag; hope to see you in Smash 4 where the online's (hopefully) better.

You're really good Judge; let me know when you're ready for some more.

GGs SNES. Shame about the lag; hope to see you in Smash 4 where the online's (hopefully) better.

You're really good Judge; let me know when you're ready for some more.

It's fine, I'm usually not so bitter about it. Most days it's really not so bad. Been having a rough day and I made the immature mistake of complaining about something that wasn't really causing my bad day.

I'll still be playing, but I really do hope Smash 4 is a lot better online. Despite my great internet Wii games have never worked well.

Although speak of the devil the damn thing won't let me connect to anybody.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Judge! You're really good; your Falcon and spacies are awesome. Only my Link and sometimes my Ike stood a chance lol.

GGs Judge! You're really good; your Falcon and spacies are awesome. Only my Link and sometimes my Ike stood a chance lol.

Yeah, I had a blast! Those were definitely some of the best matches I've played in a long time. I have to say, your Link was great. I have more matchup experience against great Links than any other characters, so you punishing me so perfectly came as a shock haha.

Some HILARIOUS stuff on both sides happened. That Falco-Link-Pokemon Stadium 2 was so funny when I was messing around hitting you with my rair when you were dead already, then proceeding to die faster than you did because of it.

Out of curiosity, is your main character Link or Ike?

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, I had a blast! Those were definitely some of the best matches I've played in a long time. I have to say, your Link was great. I have more matchup experience against great Links than any other characters, so you punishing me so perfectly came as a shock haha.

Some HILARIOUS stuff on both sides happened. That Falco-Link-Pokemon Stadium 2 was so funny when I was messing around hitting you with my rair when you were dead already, then proceeding to die faster than you did because of it.

Out of curiosity, is your main character Link or Ike?

Thanks man! I've been playing Link since Melee, so it's nice to hear that kind of stuff. I haven't faced a whole lot of good spacies or Captain Falcon, so they were really interesting and fun matches for me. Yeah, when you died faster than I did, I just laughed and said, "I didn't really deserve that win haha." We should definitely play again sometime!

It's both, but I usually want to practice more with my Ike.

Top Bottom