• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Gaston

I'm curious how exactly does the online in Project M work? I assume I would need the WiFi-safe download, but would I require friend codes as well or is there random play?

Mit-

I don't see this posted:

pefbwsJ.png

Thank you! Are there any other things that need to be done in preparation for online play? If not hopefully people are looking to play some time, I've been on a huge Smash Bros. kick and am new to M.
Follow the guide Beats posted and you should be good. We get on pretty regularly and I've only been playing Project M for about 2 weeks, so not a lot of catching up to do. If you can play Melee, Project M will treat you well.

Berordn

Does Project M work on Wii U? I remember talk of it but now I can't find the info.

You can get it to boot without making permanent changes using Smash Stack and the hackless set of files on Project M's website. Doing it that way keeps it from voiding your warranty, but it can be fairly temperamental and cause hard locks if it doesn't feel like working.

Gaston

Follow the guide Beats posted and you should be good. We get on pretty regularly and I've only been playing Project M for about 2 weeks, so not a lot of catching up to do. If you can play Melee, Project M will treat you well.

Yeah I've played a lot of melee so I feel right at home with it, just have to learn the ins-and-outs of all the characters. Unfortunately I can only play for a week or so more before I move, and then until I get a Wii U at my new place I won't have a way of playing.

You can get it to boot without making permanent changes using Smash Stack and the hackless set of files on Project M's website. Doing it that way keeps it from voiding your warranty, but it can be fairly temperamental and cause hard locks if it doesn't feel like working.
In my experience, it actually works really well. The only thing I've noticed is that I need to eject the sim card every time I turn off my console, or else it doesn't work next time I boot up. Other than that, smooth sailing.

Yeah I've played a lot of melee so I feel right at home with it, just have to learn the ins-and-outs of all the characters. Unfortunately I can only play for a week or so more before I move, and then until I get a Wii U at my new place I won't have a way of playing.
Ah, well as we discussed above, you can use your Wii U, just no gamecube controller. But, not too long until Smash 4 comes out. I can't wait to play everyone here in the new game! Hopefully Robin/Greninja/Little Mac will blend with my play style.

Anura

I'm just getting my online up and running but I should be good to play if all goes well.

Update: Still having trouble. Can't seem to locate my friend code.

Unless something's wrong it should be found in online mode > with friends > friend roster.

Beats

Good games Beats! Ugh, I'm so free to Ganondorf's choke tech chases lol. Fun games!

Good games! Yeah, it's such a good move! I couldn't get close to Link with him though. : p

I may need to try a different approach in that matchup.

Started playing this a few days ago and i'm loving every moment so far. i wonder how its going to be going from playing this and the new smash games releasing.

If only i could use my Wiiu pro controller while playing this game :/

FSLink

Banned
In my experience, it actually works really well. The only thing I've noticed is that I need to eject the sim card every time I turn off my console, or else it doesn't work next time I boot up. Other than that, smooth sailing.

Ah, well as we discussed above, you can use your Wii U, just no gamecube controller. But, not too long until Smash 4 comes out. I can't wait to play everyone here in the new game! Hopefully Robin/Greninja/Little Mac will blend with my play style.
There's also a classic controller to GC adapter by Mayflash. Works okay enough. I run it on my Wii U by HD loader and got the files injected into the Brawl iso.

Started playing this a few days ago and i'm loving every moment so far. i wonder how its going to be going from playing this and the new smash games releasing.

If only i could use my Wiiu pro controller while playing this game :/

I only started recently too. I can't believe how much better this is than vanilla brawl. I'm still in the process of getting wifi with project m running, but looking forward to playing with people.

I'm hosting a Project M tournament next month at a local gaming store. You guys have any websites or resources with good character guides or strats?

Anyone want to play?

There's also a classic controller to GC adapter by Mayflash. Works okay enough. I run it on my Wii U by HD loader and got the files injected into the Brawl iso.
Yeah, I've heard that works well. I'm just holding off until the official Nintendo adaptor comes out. Playing on a classic controller is also helping me get ready for Smash 3DS.

Anura

GGs. Btw was the first match laggier than the rest? I've been working on a theory that host has advantage with this work around

I somehow found a match last night with randoms. Is there some sort of Project M online etiquette? The person was olimar and I was Captain Falcon and generally all he did was suicide. Next match he was Kirby and I was fox.. same thing.

DaBoss

I somehow found a match last night with randoms. Is there some sort of Project M online etiquette? The person was olimar and I was Captain Falcon and generally all he did was suicide. Next match he was Kirby and I was fox.. same thing.
He/she was playing Brawl online most likely and since you were playing Project M, there was a desync.

Don't play randoms online with Project M.

ALM5252

As DaBoss said, you both were desyncing from each other because the difference in games.

But I'm surprised it didn't do a hard freeze on you. That would happen to me if me and a friend started to desync.

Top Bottom