• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Dereck

I want to play with you guys, I got a new copy of Smash Bros coming in, do you guys play on Wii, Dolphin, or Wii U?

The PMBR recommends you play with the Full Codeset unless you're specifically using WiFi/Replays.
So the full codeset will eliminate the ability for me to play online?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I want to play with you guys, I got a new copy of Smash Bros coming in, do you guys play on Wii, Dolphin, or Wii U?

So the full codeset will eliminate the ability for me to play online?

Yes, Fullcodeset will eliminate the ability for you to play online because it would cause the room th crash.

Also, I used Wii for Melee, due to GameCube Controllers supports.

Phear

So, i'm gonna play Project M tomorrow for the first time. I'm not that into Smash Bros (Played Melee alot, but that was like a decade ago), but i obviously don't want to get my ass whacked by my friends. Any tips?

So, i'm gonna play Project M tomorrow for the first time. I'm not that into Smash Bros (Played Melee alot, but that was like a decade ago), but i obviously don't want to get my ass whacked by my friends. Any tips?
Casual play I take it? Pick a character you used in Melee and it'll mostly feel like you're playing the same game but with a slightly buffed character.

Phear

Yeah, Casual. I feel a little rusty... Shield much? Better get their % up with normal or Smash Attacks? How do i break free from being held?

sinxtanx

Yeah, Casual. I feel a little rusty... Shield much? Better get their % up with normal or Smash Attacks? How do i break free from being held?

Just play the game man. Pick a character, find out what all your moves do, get a feel for it and kick ass.

To break free I usually just rotate the sticks, gets me out pretty fast.

tumblr_naysf48kkX1s3my1ro1_400.gif

c'mon son

xezuru

I got Project M netplay, probably moderate *cough* skill maybeee,
West Coast (Washington), still working out some framerate kinks tho down to try any time.

Jaeger

Lol. He's probably just not aware about how these we given out, and saw me wearing it, saved it, and uploaded it upon joining the forums.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I was watching a Project M match between MewtwoKing and Neon playing Mewtwo and Lucas respectively, and holy fuck did that give me a new found respect for Project M and Lucas especially. I'm gonna be putting some time into trying out Lucas tonight. The things Neon was pulling off were incredible.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Smash @ Xanadu has a 3.5 build but they aren't streaming it and I'm not sure if they are supposed to talk about it. Multiple mentions of Diddy being nerfed despite that though. They do have some new alts in the stream build though, like the new Lucario.

This stream is hilarious tonight too by the way.

k8reUvw.jpg

BUcDEG7.jpg

And new Norfair? Wow. Top platform is gone and the middle two move more now.

emb

Not too sure where else to mention this, but it seems notable.

Apex this year isn't featuring Project M.

I've heard speculation that Nintendo maybe issuing a C&D before then, but as far as I know that's baseless nonsense. More likely, it sounds as if Apex could have Nintendo sponsorship this year. Or it could be something else entirely. I dunno. Thoughts?

Also, not sure how new this is. I already knew this, but I think someone I know let it slip casually while the information wasn't public. I didn't think it was news when I read it, but people seem to be blowing up over it at the moment, so I guess it's news.

NexusCell

Not too sure where else to mention this, but it seems notable.

Apex this year isn't featuring Project M.

I've heard speculation that Nintendo maybe issuing a C&D before then, but as far as I know that's baseless nonsense. More likely, it sounds as if Apex could have Nintendo sponsorship this year. Or it could be something else entirely. I dunno. Thoughts?

Also, not sure how new this is. I already knew this, but I think someone I know let it slip casually while the information wasn't public. I didn't think it was news when I read it, but people seem to be blowing up over it at the moment, so I guess it's news.

Ehh, it's probably Nintendo sponsoring Apex and not a C&D. I've read multiple times that Nintendo has been aware of P:M for a while now and have let it slide. However, that mean's they can't acknowledge it's existence in any way or form, and if they're sponsoring Apex, I'd imagine having P:M at a tournament you're sponsoring is acknowledging its existence.

So yeah, its a bummer, but I know why its happening at the very least.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That trailer was incredibly hype. Those touched up stages looked amazing and even reaching out of standard MP to shit like Stamina Mode and Event Matches. Impressive.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really good. More hyped for this than Smash 4, honestly.

Awful release date though. Too close to the MK8 DLC and Smash 4. Call me crazy, but I almost would have rather them delayed it a few months and called it 3.6 with some additions they are planning but didn't make it in time for 3.5.

J@hranimo

Banned
WOO that trailer *wipes forehead*

Impressed that they had more single player stuff updated with this release. Looks like they're getting closer to reaching their endgame.

*Hopes Olimar isn't garbage*

Dereck

The facts were that Nintendo never acknowledged the existence of Project M directly, will the release of a new Smash game make Nintendo care about this game?

Will Nintendo allow Project M to exist when Smash U releases?

Azure J

Looks really good. More hyped for this than Smash 4, honestly.

Awful release date though. Too close to the MK8 DLC and Smash 4. Call me crazy, but I almost would have rather them delayed it a few months and called it 3.6 with some additions they are planning but didn't make it in time for 3.5.

I'm pretty much in Smash nirvana right now. Such a great time to enjoy this series. Mario Kart 8 DLC/Pokemon also make it pretty awesome times to play Nintendo stuff too.

Top Bottom