• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Zero148

It would be a nice touch to help advertise this game by putting in at least one of the characters in Smash. Plus, it's not like this game's "toy vibe" wouldn't mesh well with what Smash has been doing.

don't know if this would advertise the game, Smash will most likely not release before 2014, and P-100 will be out 2 years then. If it is a profitable game or a success, we could see a P-101/200 and this would be advertised when releasing after, of next to a new Smash brothers where the IP has a noticable appearence (character, helper trophy, stage)

clemenx

Banned
Hah, I loved when they formed a ladder, I've always thought it would be interesting to have an ant colony game where you go to war with other colonies or bite humans to death and shit. >_> I guess this is close.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder if this will get a proper unveiling in Japan.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hah, I loved when they formed a ladder, I've always thought it would be interesting to have an ant colony game where you go to war with other colonies or bite humans to death and shit. >_> I guess this is close.

Did you never play Sim Ant?

Neiteio

Hmm is the red ranger your only character or do you control the others? I recall seeing blue and yellow being controlled.
It looks like you control the red character when doing the arm move, the blue fellow when using the sword and the green guy when using the gun/crossbow.

Nah, go read the other threads, this is rarely mentioned.
It's like GAF's WiiU Game of the Show so far in the voting thread.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Okay I was skeptical and pissed at first because it wasn't Bayonetta 2. But I must admit that I am super excited for Pikmin Heroes after watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YjceHWgC8

This looks like a FANTASTIC new IP and the way it uses the WiiU Gamepad screen is super intuitive and completely integrated with the gameplay. Shame on us for EVER doubting Kamiya even for a microsecond. This, Pikmin 3, ZombiU and New Mario Bros have pretty much convinced me to buy one this holiday depending if its under $300. ZombiU looks to give us back the survival horror genre that Capcom took from us, along with Dayz.

I'm still mad at Nintendo but those four games look like great fun games that could keep me busy until 2013. Plus, if the world does end, I want to be one of the few who can say to people "I beat Pikmin 3 AND Pikmin Heroes." in whatever underground fallout shelter I end up in.

Neiteio

Hey guys, check out this footage at the 1:50 mark -- it's the first footage I've seen of the over-the-shoulder third-person gameplay on the WiiU pad when you go inside buildings. I can see how it's a bit awkward as one preview said -- sort of tankish in terms of turning, it seems -- though it definitely looks playable.

Yet Kamiya not pimping his game is not good. I can deal with no Bayo 2 but it is a shitty (although surprising) reveal...
He did say that he can't say anything due to the Ninja's in Kyoto, since its a Nintendo game it will get the same treatment as the others.

Hey guys, check out this footage at the 1:50 mark -- it's the first footage I've seen of the over-the-shoulder third-person gameplay on the WiiU pad when you go inside buildings. I can see how it's a bit awkward as one preview said -- sort of tankish in terms of turning, it seems -- though it definitely looks playable.
hadn't seen that;
Kamiya has done a wonderful job; I think at least as long as Japan devs are concerned, the baby jump of Wii U will provide a much better platform than PS4

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Okay I was skeptical and pissed at first because it wasn't Bayonetta 2. But I must admit that I am super excited for Pikmin Heroes after watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YjceHWgC8

Woah. The moment I heard Kamiya I was on board but if I'm being honest I was a more than a bit disappointed it wasn't some action game with crazy graphics and such and then the screens came and I was like WTF is this, a wiiware canned game making its way to the U? Now, affter looking at the gameplay demo videos I'm super fucking pumped, this looks an absurdely awesome, crazy new IP and I love the aesthetics.

Two choices PGxN made that I'm disappointed at are:

1) Destruction, when not scripted, has not effect and more importantly it doesn't stick... What the hell at giant robot falling or smashing the street and 2secs after it's good as new again. :/ please, please fix this :(

2) I get it they went comic book style with bubbles speech and everything but it's obvious to me it's just a budget constraint related decision, there was nothing good about the characters coming up in the heat of an action cut-scene and all you hear is BEEPBEBEPBEEPBEPBEEEEEP and I know this will cause the game to get points docked by reviewers/potential audience 'cause of the no voiceovers choice. I will look past that, but I don't like it either, this is a frantic action game and not Zelda, doesn't fit the mood and the flow of the game imo.

3) it's apparently 30fps? I find it hard to believe this, I know it's 720p no AA so c'mon even PIkmin 3 is 60fps, hopefully this isn't true and they also add AA.

Wow, that's really interesting! Thanks for posting this, has me anticipating this game even more now :)

wsippel

Banned
I don't care how much sales they have as long as PlatinumGames can continue to make games. And it really looks like they can.
As I wrote in the speculation thread: Nintendo and Platinum are a match made in heaven. Platinum's games don't sell, and Nintendo doesn't really care if they bomb. ;)

As I wrote in the speculation thread: Nintendo and Platinum are a match made in heaven. Platinum's games don't sell, and Nintendo doesn't really care if they bomb. ;)

Yeah, that's true. It's really a dream, I hope they can do more great games for nintendo. A Platinumgames made Starfox isn't so far away anymore.

wsippel

Banned
Really love the emphasis JC is putting on Platinum and the team in the Gamespot demonstration.

That's cute.

By the way, "Project P-100" is a working title.

It will not be the title of the final game.
You work at Platinum, right? What's the bored, turquoise haired girls name? She needs to be in Smash. Make it happen.

monome

He did say that he can't say anything due to the Ninja's in Kyoto, since its a Nintendo game it will get the same treatment as the others.

fuck the ninjas.
I want Kamiya to cosplay and pose for pictures in a tight tokkusatsu suit while clunching his dick.

TreIII

seriously doubting Nintendo will let an outside dev go crazy with one of their IPs...and I d rather have Kamiya do things his way.

I don't see it that way. Beyond the aforementioned F-Zero GX, let's not forget that Nintendo allowed two different outside developers to make their own Star Fox games, one of which wasn't even originally a Star Fox game at all.

Besides, it's not like there's a clear-cut template anymore for what exactly constitutes a StarFox game. Whatever Kamiya could stand to do with StarFox would likely be just as "valid" an approach as anything else others have tried in the last decade.

Top Bottom