• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez Corden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan McCaffrey was absent on Unlocked this week. He could have been on vacation, or seeing Scorpio. I bet there was a super secret press even this past week and they arent allowed to talk about it until MS does something on Thursday? I doubt the would give Eurogamer and DF exclusive access only.

Who knows. Crazy things have happened.

N7.Angel

8242.jpg

Are we sure it just isnt an announcement of an announcement? Like announcing a Event for Scorpio?

Isnt really Microsofts way to show off something so close without any teasing or prior announcement.

See that's what I mean

I would've thought Xbox Two meant having exclusives that can't be played on Xbox One, making it a new start.

So far Spencer has said if dev's want to make exclusives they can but for the most part Scorpio will simply be the best place to enjoy Xbox One's lineup.

Exactly. It's just PS4 pro for Xbox. Phil said this again just three weeks ago. Ppl still think it's a new console and it's not. lol

SOR5

Are we sure it just isnt an announcement of an announcement? Like announcing a Event for Scorpio?

Isnt really Microsofts was to show off something so close without any teasing or prior announcement.

First wave of news for the people who always stay up to date and create discussion on an enthusiast level (and consequently get all the tech filler out the way)

Second wave at E3 designed to really create a buzz amongst the mainstream

Exactly. It's just PS4 pro for Xbox. Phil said this again just three weeks ago. Ppl still think it's a new console and it's not. lol

Seriously, what do you think the console after Scorpio will be? Its going to be another upgraded Scorpio with whatever is deemed the standard in 2020 or so. And by the time that releases XBO will be dropped.
The older consoles will die, the newer consoles will scale depending on specs.

jelly

I'm still absolutely baffled that people still havent grasped the fact that theres not going to be a traditional generational refresh anymore

Of course there will, just with full BC support for previous consoles. There will be a PS5/Xbox 5 that have PS5/Xbox 5 games and only support PS4/Xbox One games as BC.

JlNX

See that's what I mean

I would've thought Xbox Two meant having exclusives that can't be played on Xbox One, making it a new start.

So far Spencer has said if dev's want to make exclusives they can but for the most part Scorpio will simply be the best place to enjoy Xbox One's lineup.

Maybe you should read post 246 it seems directed at someone like yourself ;)

i expect it to be something like the NX spec reveal by eurogamer and they have seen the dev kit since Jez has been talking a lot about the dev kits and that they are out there

Boke1879

Fair to hold judgement, but I'd say with the specs already released...this is more than just an X1 "Pro" imo.

It's "Pro" version simply because it's not getting any exclusives. Itll play the same games as the One S. it's still tied to the base hardware. The game aren't going to look drastically different.

0racle

Seriously guys? If I wanted any credibility to my name April 1st would be the LAST day I would drop a bombshell like this?

I mean its not like this info is coming from numerous sources. Why did he not release it yesterday? or wait until tomorrow?

Ryan McCaffrey was absent on Unlocked this week. He could have been on vacation, or seeing Scorpio. I bet there was a super secret press even this past week and they arent allowed to talk about it until MS does something on Thursday? I doubt the would give Eurogamer and DF exclusive access only.

Who knows. Crazy things have happened.

He was there this week, you might be thinking of last week when he was out.

Xumbrega

Banned
Seriously guys? If I wanted any credibility to my name April 1st would be the LAST day I would drop a bombshell like this?

I mean its not like this info is coming from numerous sources. Why did he not release it yesterday? or wait until tomorrow?

he hinted news about scorpio yesterday

See that's what I mean

They have a lineup?

Xbox One released in only a few European countries, most of the others were classified as tier 2 countries. That didn't go down well. now PlayStation land or really even more so inevitably as PS4 powered through regardless.

Ah like that. Yes I fucking hated that. We in Holland had to wait a full year for the official launch. But I believe it already was a whole lot better with the Xbox One S. So Scorpio should be fine.

chekhonte

Nothing that I can think of will get me to buy one. It's no secret that this has been a bad console cycle for xbox. There are no games on the horizon that interest me. I haven't played my xbox one in over a year and sold it last week.

the same thing happened to me in the second half of the xbox 360 life span. They had no first party games that interested me and I moved over to Playstation and PC. I haven't had a real reason to go back.

jaypah

What a weird thread to get hit with silly shitposts. I shudder to think of the actual reveal thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they show. I game on PC but I'm still interested in what they have to offer. Who knows? Might be in for the UHD player and Play Anywhere games.

jbug617

Banned
Makes sense to have Digital Foundry reveal the console with their breakdown. Then the next day they will compare the Pro to Scorpio and really show the difference.

RedRum

Banned
How does one even come into a thread like this and even mention fucking Persona?? LOL. Holy shit, some people try to hard.

I'm fucking excited and hopes this is real. Part of me is still has April Fools on the back of my mind. I've been a hermit all day, physically and digitally and this would destroy me if not true. Heheh.

Head.spawn

I bet Eurogamer is probably going to do something on the Phantom Dust port as well. Adam Isagreen mentioned something about letting a third party tell the story. That's definitely tech talk as well and I don't think there is a better site to cover it; or Anandtech, but they haven't really been an option they've turned to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom