• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World |OT| The Defense Summons Everyone!

Ilvocare

Finally started it up, love how brisk the prologues are compared to the first. Seems to hit the ground running.

Love all the NxC music too.

Cool! Have fun!

I also went back and finished Challenge Map 6. There was a moment where
when the bosses got released literally half my team died at once,
but I managed to pick myself back up and finish! I'll go through NG+ by switching on and off from Fates Birthright!

bonus points for my R button being busted when I tried to play Fates and for PxZ2 literally making it work again

cj_iwakura

Cool! Have fun!

I also went back and finished Challenge Map 6. There was a moment where
when the bosses got released literally half my team died at once,
but I managed to pick myself back up and finish! I'll go through NG+ by switching on and off from Fates Birthright!

bonus points for my R button being busted when I tried to play Fates and for PxZ2 literally making it work again
The L/Rs on my 3DS have been messed up for months, the struggle is real.

Xbro

Started playing recently. Now I'm just waiting for the fire emblem characters to join then I'm complete.

Also does anyone have the conversation about scaling the castle wall?

Loona

Can anyone tell me about length in this one? The original was fun but never seemed to end

Hard to say about a couple of playthroughs and many many repetitions of the final challenge stage, so I can't rely on the recorded time - a 1st playthrough may be 20 to 40 hours? Depends a lot on the time you spend reading optional dialog and picking stuff on the menus between fights, not to mention how optimally you attack.

Started playing recently. Now I'm just waiting for the fire emblem characters to join then I'm complete.

Also does anyone have the conversation about scaling the castle wall?

Found it: http://imgur.com/ImaPtNs

cj_iwakura

Phoenix Wright's introduction was priceless. The interactions in this are golden. Always good to hear Kiryu-chan and Majima bantering. (I love how Japan always keeps the same actors for everything.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
btw those are translation liberties, in her original language she is talking about obscure Japanese pop culture

Ilvocare

The one with T-Elos. I really appreciate how fast they made the levels so far, but I expect it to escalate.

Strap in. The game was a fun journey imo, start to about like late middle. There's a dip around chapters 29 and 30, but then the game speed up JUST a little after those two. I really dug it, all things considered! To be fair, I also played through PXZ1. Twice.

STHX

How is the spritework in this game? I'm a sucker for pixel art.

Pretty good:
icrdpe.gif

W-00

Okay so I have two S-level attacks on a character, how do I assign one to the Y button?

I don't think you do. One of them should be the one you use when already in battle and the other should be your multiple-target MAP attack.

sphinx

the piano man
What the hell at Mega Man's Unbending love skill,

it's SP usage down by a 75%, The game says the auto-skill will trigger when 5 skills are being active, my guess is that it means across all characters and not just on Megaman, cause every single turn past the 1st one, is 75% down, in green (maxed)

Equip stuff to make his SP points go up to 300 SP, have Reiji reload the points when it's depleted and great things can happen.

I am about to experiment with that in the last Challenge Stage,

Boss Doggie

What the hell at Mega Man's Unbending love skill,

it's SP usage down by a 75%, The game says the auto-skill will trigger when 5 skills are being active, my guess is that it means across all characters and not just on Megaman, cause every single turn past the 1st one, is 75% down, in green (maxed)

Equip stuff to make his SP points go up to 300 SP, have Reiji reload the points when it's depleted and great things can happen.

I am about to experiment with that in the last Challenge Stage,

Yeah this game has many broken combos. I think there's one involving Chrom/Lucina and Ulala.

cj_iwakura

Whoever wrote Xiaomu's dialogue in particular is a HUGE Castle Shikigami fan.

"Go home! Regret this." I want to find that person and shake their hand.

Loona

Whoever wrote Xiaomu's dialogue in particular is a HUGE Castle Shikigami fan.

"Go home! Regret this." I want to find that person and shake their hand.

All the incredibly obscure references in there would certainly be worth buying that person/team a drink or a meal - an exceptional case of the right people for the right job if there ever was one. I hope they manage to stick around for sequels or any related spin offs.

While at it, put them on the English Super Robot Wars translation review team, can could always benefit from some help and sense of geek history.

sphinx

the piano man
forgot to say but like a month ago, I finished 100%'ing the most broken RPG I have every played,

all skills maxed, everyone on level 100, everything everywhere.

not sure why I did that

Ilvocare

A SMT Nocturne reference, nice.

Someone kill a boss in this game. For once. Please.

gotta buff up with skills man

you can do crazy damage if you stack things right, I'm talking around 200k damage in a turn at endgame

it's one thing PXZ sorely lacked and I'm so glad it's here

cj_iwakura

gotta buff up with skills man

you can do crazy damage if you stack things right, I'm talking around 200k damage in a turn at endgame

it's one thing PXZ sorely lacked and I'm so glad it's here
I mean in the story sense. No boss EVER dies. They just walk off. Damn it Monolith.

Ilvocare

I love the KOS-MOS and Fiona X-Factor super.

You've got a ways to go. Don't click on this spoiler by the way:
Near the endgame, around chapters 35 to 40, enemy bosses will start having their last hurrahs. Way earlier than that, I think Skeith might be the first boss taken out of the picture permanently? Of course, there's some bosses that live on due to them properly dying in their own games, not gonna say which ones...

Loona

A SMT Nocturne reference, nice.

Someone kill a boss in this game. For once. Please.

It'd be simpler if they actually owned most of the characters they're using, and even then, they like to reuse their own, like having Saya appear in Endless Frontier after Reiji shot her in the head at the end of Namco X Capcom... then again, there's hints on hwo that happened by the end of PXZ2...

cj_iwakura

It'd be simpler if they actually owned most of the characters they're using, and even then, they like to reuse their own, like having Saya appear in Endless Frontier after Reiji shot her in the head at the end of Namco X Capcom... then again, there's hints on hwo that happened by the end of PXZ2...

Well, specifically, I hate how they just keep coming back over and over again in the same game. It's really tired. I'm hoping at some point in the middle of a 'I'll be back' speech, Reiji just goes 'nope' and shoots them in the head.

cj_iwakura

Chapter 20 is so delightfully insane, oh my god. I couldn't stop laughing.

I love how
every Sega character recognizes Segata because of course they do.

Loona

Chapter 20 is so delightfully insane, oh my god. I couldn't stop laughing.

I love how
every Sega character recognizes Segata because of course they do.

Sega Jesus, transcending time and space!

Since I already unlocked the best gear for everyone on my previous playthrough and have enough CP to max out all skills, I've started a new infrequent playthorugh where I only use force-deployed units, which so far has amounted to clearing maps with a single pair+assist unit.

It probably won't be sustainable by the time I reach a certain ./hack level - then again, I don't recall if more than 1 unit is force-deployed there - but at least the Exp accumulates pretty fast due to all the damage, everything dies in a single attack round.

cj_iwakura

Kite and Haseo are boss killers. Back Attack + SP Buff = 65k in one hit, easy.

That said, Chapter 26 was the first genuinely difficult chapter in maybe the entire series, but not in a fun way. 10 people are not enough to defend four chokepoints, Banpresto.

Let me guess. 20 left?

Boss Doggie

iirc it has 42 chapters

Also that's the one where the Dragonturtle is stuck in the middle and you have to prevent enemies from reaching it right?

Boss Doggie

Yeah the main problem there is movement basically. While you can split your team around there are enemies with high movement and are flyers.

cj_iwakura

Finished. Yikes was that last boss rough. I may keep this one for the challenge quests. Loved the ending.

So is her name Xiaomu Arisu now?
Lol. Glad he manned up and proposed.

Top Bottom