• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I lose it every time Frank takes a picture of one of the female characters and the
"PERFECT: Erotica" thing from Dead Rising
pops up.

Wish the game's story was half decent. I play a stage on and off fine, but never really getting any motivation to play more than a stage at a time really.

Wish bad guys just died at the end of a stage and they introduce a new one vs 'ill get you next time!'

Sora_N

I just played the first two prologue chapters on transit before heading to class, wow. This game feels really great so far, loving the crossovers. Will pop in some more gametime on the way home for sure.

Videoneon

Kaguya's moment with Frank was my favorite. That's a lot of PP.

I also like that moment because when she asks him what he's doing, he just says nothing and gives a thumbs-up.

I love how Sakura reacts when Ichiro scores points with the ladies and the same sound from the game is heard

Oh lord, I love those moments too. I just beat Chapter 25 or 26 and Sakura got pissed off again. I love it when she does that, it's funny. It's also funny for Ichiro cause he's just like Captain Nice Justice Guy and he's oblivious to the perceivable implications.

Jawmuncher

So when do my guys get multi attacks?
I just got heihachi but none of my characters seem to have em. They're all level 10 or higher.

Besides that I'm having a lot of fun. So far its been just the right difficulty for a JRPG for me. I guess that partly because the game is always moving you forward.

Videoneon

So when do my guys get multi attacks?
I just got heihachi but none of my characters seem to have em. They're all level 10 or higher.

Besides that I'm having a lot of fun. So far its been just the right difficulty for a JRPG for me. I guess that partly because the game is always moving you forward.

It varies. Some units get them at certain levels, others get them at certain points in Chapters. Nobody gets a MAP attack at Level 10, I think the earliest is at like early to mid 20's or something.

Some of the people who get it earlier are Frank, Gemini, and Reiji IIRC. edit: also Zephyr, Akira.

Jawmuncher

It varies. Some units get them at certain levels, others get them at certain points in Chapters. Nobody gets a MAP attack at Level 10, I think the earliest is at like early to mid 20's or something.

Some of the people who get it earlier are Frank, Gemini, and Reiji IIRC. edit: also Zephyr, Akira.

Ok thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

cj_iwakura

Wish the game's story was half decent. I play a stage on and off fine, but never really getting any motivation to play more than a stage at a time really.

Wish bad guys just died at the end of a stage and they introduce a new one vs 'ill get you next time!'

This is every Banpresto game ever. ESPECIALLY Namco X Capcom and Endless Frontier.

If I see someone actually die, it's a miracle.

Jawmuncher

This is every Banpresto game ever. ESPECIALLY Namco X Capcom and Endless Frontier.

If I see someone actually die, it's a miracle.

I've been fine with the story personally.
I just take it as a cheesy anime. I got the fighting and the crossovers. Which is all I really need. Though I'm not saying I oppose them making the story better.

Bladenic

Akira's actually one of the best multi because while it only hits 2 enemies, it does a ton more damage to compensate. Really great for bosses since they can't counter multi attacks.

ohlawd

Akira's actually one of the best multi because while it only hits 2 enemies, it does a ton more damage to compensate. Really great for bosses since they can't counter multi attacks.
The fighter pairs are the only ones with the 2-hit Multi and yeah, they deal more damage than average.

Shame that in looks, the 3 fighter pairs are the worst. Way too damn plain.

jorgeton

I've come around on Akira/Pai. At first I hated how they sent the enemies way up in the air with most of their attacks, but the pair is really good for scoring criticals.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I can dig Gemini's short skirt and freckles, doe.

Ramboringu wiiiiiiiiru

And it may just be me but Ichiro is a tool. Maybe it's his crap mannerisms and he comes off to me as a major scrub.

I'm not a big fan of him, personally, but that might just be how he's represented in the game.

I like Gemini okay. "Oh my gaaawd!"

At least someone else on the planet will have played it!

I've always said it's the best RPG that absolutely no one bought.

I think a lot of collectors picked it up and fans of JRPGs in general, including myself, heh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's one of the great things about all crossover games. It gets you exposure to new characters and new games that you otherwise wouldn't.
Yeah, I find myself doing research on games I'm not too familiar with when they're represented in crossovers. That's why I kind of like it when they go for the bit obscure choices sometimes. Expands my gaming knowledge.

At least someone else on the planet will have played it!

I've always said it's the best RPG that absolutely no one bought.

I've played it and I thought it was great!
I actually prefer her English-dubbed Southern Accent over her Japanese voice. Something about that southern accent is adorable :3

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ratchet is best girl in Sakura Wars 5. That reminds me that I still need to play 3 and 4. One of these days....

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So only the Street Fighter cast has the best guard breaks in the game huh? It doesn't eat up all of the animation attacks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
About 5 prologue missions in. It is really fun and I'm enjoying it.. But how do you use the "Y" button skills that are listed? :(

I didn't know about Y attacks either until i was in chapter 11 and getting the feeling i was missing something. They hide it really well in that text dump they call a tutorial.

But you should be able to use Y attacks anytime I'd think, and just use them like you would a normal attack during the action/fighting/juggling phase of gameplay by pressing y, at the cost of 100 X Points. I think it always ends your turn but doesn't take up an attack point, so you always use it after using your neutral/left/right attacks and the +1 attack. So the Y attack would be best used as the 5th attack considering where you are at in the game.

I suspect you maybe are trying to do it during the tactile moving around and use items/skills phase of each move but that's not where they are used.

Danj

How do you like it so far? I haven't had much time to play, but I'm only on chapter...6 I think. Still a long, long way to go.

Pretty enjoyable, I've played it on the bus a few times ever since I discovered you can use a mobile phone headset with the 3DS. I can definitely see the missions getting longer though. Still, it has quicksave, so it's not a huge problem.

Pretty enjoyable, I've played it on the bus a few times ever since I discovered you can use a mobile phone headset with the 3DS. I can definitely see the missions getting longer though. Still, it has quicksave, so it's not a huge problem.

They do. Oh man, they do. The mission I'm in right now seems to have over 40 enemies in it right off the bat, and that doesn't even count the inevitable Banpresto reinforcements that'll spawn in once I make any real progress.

Top Bottom