• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Zomboid?

bengraven

Next update is going to be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNUFIUa8mDo

The only issue I had with this game, other than the slow updates, is the 8 way sprites were just too archaic for me to enjoy in a game where precision was necessary. This + the new aiming system + the huge new city they built is going to sell a lot more preorders.

PaulLFC

Does Desura update automatically? I launched the game on Desura a couple of weeks ago, and I'm fairly sure it wasn't the version shown in the update video in this thread from about a month ago - although it could well be that the update wasn't released by then.

Juravsky

Tha's because that version isn't stable yet. Once it is, it will be uploaded to Desura, meanwhile you can only get it from the Indie Stone forums.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well, its been a while but the new build is finally up with the new combat animations and stuff:
Blog post

Anyone already tried it?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What happened with the drama about this game? The whole our code was stolen waaaaaaah bit?

"We wont be able to continue, oh god please kill us"
"Sniff"
"BAH, WHATEVER"
"Alright, new version! Development continues!"
"waaaaah, game structure sucks. Redeveloping our whole engine."
"Game with new engine released".

And now we are at the current version. Going to try it later.

Toma

Still a test build with many previously existing features removed, so I'm holding out on downloading it. They are taking so long.. :9

Wait, they removed features again?
Oh man. Which previously existing features are gone now?

Wait, they removed features again?
Oh man.

Well, Fire, Rain, the K&B tutorial story and music (so important in this game I think) are all disabled for now.

I wonder if you can actually save your progress in the current builds, last version I played that was not possible yet.

Toma

Well, Fire, Rain, the K&B tutorial story and music (so important in this game I think) are all disabled for now.

I wonder if you can actually save your progress in the current builds, last version I played that was not possible yet.

Wondering whether the crafting still works the same. I am going to report back about saving when I try it later.

Toma

Yeah, just Sandbox mode. No saving, so I will not bother playing right now. I hate losing my progress when working and collecting :/

Sorry for the bump, but I can't find any more recent threads!

Just bought this after checking out the Greenlight news and stuff, downloaded the full version listed on the site - but apparently this isn't the current/most up to date version?

Where do I download that? Is that the 0.2.0r RC2.5 version listed here?

PiLON

Neo Member
Sorry for the bump, but I can't find any more recent threads!

Just bought this after checking out the Greenlight news and stuff, downloaded the full version listed on the site - but apparently this isn't the current/most up to date version?

Where do I download that? Is that the 0.2.0r RC2.5 version listed here?

Yes, that is the current version. This forum is the one that has all of the test versions. The one on the site is the 'official' release. The ones on the forums are subject to bugs etc. but are updated much more frequently.

Hope you enjoy the game.

Alex

Finally gotten around to trying out the demo, it's obviously an older, more problematic build but I love what it's going for. Very interesting little isometric survival RPG sort of gig.

Will buy two copies for sure once it hits Steam.

Top Bottom