• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ : December Edition Thread | Our wallet may not cry but our backlogs will

I don't even have a Vita yet and I already got Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat and bunch of smaller games on my Vita backlog + ASBR due to crossbuy. Are you trying to seduce me Sony?

PS+ IS too good to be true and Sony is friggin insane with it dealing free month codes left and right. I remember groaning when PS+ was introduced at E3 and I punch myself daily because of it.

Already have Batman and Limbo but if GAF is to be believed Vanquish isn't half bad either.

Isn't half bad?

Vanquish will melt your fucking face off. :D

I find myself hoping that somehow, someway, SCEA at least follows suit and gives PS+ for Vita MK... I have it on cart, but would love to sell and convert to digital. I wouldn't mind Vanquish either (or Batman, if it's GOTY), as I'd just sell my copies of those as well.

Can't get to them though because it's under maintenance.

They won't come down until the store updates. Wednesday for EU and, for all intents and purposes, Wednesday for NA too. Thanks, Grace!

kai3345

Banned
Can't get to them though because it's under maintenance.

He made it sound like he thought the collection got wiped every month, and it sounded like he was bummed that he missed out on all of last month's stuff. But I was just letting him know that once that maintenance is over, he'll still be able to get everything, sans Resident Evil

Kak.efes

Quick question. Are the gift cards you purchase for PS+ region specific? If I head on down to the local best buy, and purchase a PS+ gift card, will I be able to use it on an EU created account (that I'd create on that day)? I'm Canadian.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Quick question. Are the gift cards you purchase for PS+ region specific? If I head on down to the local best buy, and purchase a PS+ gift card, will I be able to use it on an EU created account (that I'd create on that day)? I'm Canadian.
No. Cards are region-specific.

(Not sure about Canada to US, but anything between EU and US isn't going to work.)

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Activate PS+, back up all your game saves to cloud storage (1GB)

Have at least 200GB free on your Externall HDD and do a back of your PS3
Everything carries over

Deactivate account (just as a precautionary measure)

Add the new HDD, restore that back-up file from External

Process will be a lot of hours (many to be precise)

Just to be sure, the copy protected saves that I backup to the cloud, they can be restored to the new HDD afterward? I don't plan on being PS+ forever, just long enough to find something to use my wallet funds on.

Just to be sure, the copy protected saves that I backup to the cloud, they can be restored to the new HDD afterward? I don't plan on being PS+ forever, just long enough to find something to use my wallet funds on.

Yes.
Copy protected saves have a time limit though. It's like you can only download them once per 24 hour period or something like that. At least they used to.
And with the games given out for PS+ combined with the auto download, auto save sync, etc. I don't know how anyone who's given it a chance could say it's not worth keeping the sub... but I digress. ;)
It should do what you want...

Also, before you start your upgrade process, make sure you have a USB flash drive with the latest FW level on it, you'll need it to get the PS3 to take the new drive and format/install on it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
He made it sound like he thought the collection got wiped every month, and it sounded like he was bummed that he missed out on all of last month's stuff. But I was just letting him know that once that maintenance is over, he'll still be able to get everything, sans Resident Evil

Yeah, I thought all of last month's stuff got wiped. So one game a week gets wiped? Aright, cool, thanks.

Vodh

Man, SCEE will have it tough trying to meet people's expectations now :D

"Man, WTF is this shit, are you turning into SCEA now? Fuck it!" - my predictions for january reveals thread.

Joni

Man, SCEE will have it tough trying to meet people's expectations now :D

"Man, WTF is this shit, are you turning into SCEA now? Fuck it!" - my predictions for january reveals thread.

They'd probably get Grand Theft Auto V on there, months before it launches anywhere else just to piss off US Plus users.

Yup, SCEA just can't compare... AGAIN.

Today's update for tomorrow:
BioShock 2 (free)
Rockstar Games Collection Vol. 1 10% off ($53.99)
Puddle 50% off for PlayStation Plus members (PS3 Plus Price: $5.00; PS Vita Plus Price: $4.00)

Vodh

They really have to stop with those discounts. Look at Steam sales, now THAT is what discounts on an online service should look like. 10% discount on a greatly overpriced shit bundle is getting you nowhere, SCEA.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They really have to stop with those discounts. Look at Steam sales, now THAT is what discounts on an online service should look like. 10% discount on a greatly overpriced shit bundle is getting you nowhere, SCEA.

That's the usual steam discount (10%) for new releases. Now it's not a "new" release per se, but a newly released $60 disc product.

Pranay

Pretty much. Even if it forces publishers to do they must do it. I guess DD is still not as important for consoles yet as it is for PC for now.

But i think its a new bundle released ? so they are offering 10% but well for older gamses they can do better

KalBalboa

Banned

PS+ offers some strong discounts, to be fair. 50% discounts are regularly hitting and sometimes they do 75%.

Vodh

That's the usual steam discount (10%) for new releases. Now it's not a "new" release per se, but a newly released $60 disc product.

Yeah, the problem is that's also the usual PS+ discount on everything they discount, regardless of age. It would be fine if this went in line with 50-75% discounts on some older titles and DLC. I thiiiink I've seen one or two actually meaningful PS+ discounts, but 10-20% is the standard while Steam has something at -50% all the time without any premium service, and during their sales they go all out on really good and sometimes even really new games (for example Borderlands 2 was half price like a week ago)

Victarion

Yup, SCEA just can't compare... AGAIN.

Today's update for tomorrow:
BioShock 2 (free)
Rockstar Games Collection Vol. 1 10% off ($53.99)
Puddle 50% off for PlayStation Plus members (PS3 Plus Price: $5.00; PS Vita Plus Price: $4.00)

Damn, I really want Bioshock 2, I already have all EU PS+ games this month.

to be fair you guys will get 4 updates this month

If they're all of the quality shown here, who cares? ;)
I wish they'd follow the EU model and just tell us the month's content about it in advance so I'm not waiting in suspense for another week to be surprised by more stuff that doesn't interest me.

Damn, I really want Bioshock 2, I already have all EU PS+ games this month.

I just looked up American trade/sale prices for a like new copy of BioShock 2.
If I could be bothered to try to sell my copy that's been sitting in my backlog for over a year, I'd be able to get:
$2.00 if traded to Amazon.com (probably less to Gamestop)
$5-$8, before fees, if sold on Amazon marketplace or Half.com

So you can probably buy a copy for cheap, I'd wager.

(meanwhile, Vanquish sells for $11ish before fees, and if Arkham City was GOTY, it would sell for $20+ here.)

Vodh

and if Arkham City was GOTY, it would sell for $20+ here

Yeah, and if Bioshock 2 was bundled with 1 and Infinite with season pass and all all the DLC included it would sell for $70. How about we stick to what's actually on the offer? (yeah, SCEE is better and keeps schooling SCEA.
But I'd trade our games for Wipeout and FFT any day, since I already have them all except these two.
)

snitsky

Guys, we know there will be more updates, the problem is that we have no confidence in SCEA that they will be anything more that PSN garbage they couldn't sell in the first place.

And enough with the shooters for fuck's sake.

Yeah, and if Bioshock 2 was bundled with 1 and Infinite with season pass and all all the DLC included it would sell for $70. How about we stick to what's actually on the offer? (yeah, SCEE is better and keeps schooling SCEA.
But I'd trade our games for Wipeout and FFT any day, since I already have them all except these two.
)

Do they really have 2 digital versions of Arkham City?
The reason I said "if" was because I don't know if the Arkham City download comes with the DLC or not.

Guys, we know there will be more updates, the problem is that we have no confidence in SCEA that they will be anything more that PSN garbage they couldn't sell in the first place.

Pretty much. At this point, I feel like I've been conditioned to expect the worst from SCEA.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if companies just don't want to give away their games to SCEA. In which case, just bite the bullet and make Uncharted 3 free. It's already ancient at this point, but at least it's somewhat more exciting than Bioshock 2.

aRRct.png

Sweet. We coming for you, Europe!

Bring it. We are unreachable to you :p

Toki767

I'm sure we'll probably get another retail game as a PS+ offer in two weeks. Hopefully it won't be Arkham City or something EU already got.

It's really kind of a good plan that SCEA and SCEE offer different content for PS+. It might get some people to double dip on subscriptions to get the best of both.

Yeah, the problem is that's also the usual PS+ discount on everything they discount, regardless of age. It would be fine if this went in line with 50-75% discounts on some older titles and DLC. I thiiiink I've seen one or two actually meaningful PS+ discounts, but 10-20% is the standard while Steam has something at -50% all the time without any premium service, and during their sales they go all out on really good and sometimes even really new games (for example Borderlands 2 was half price like a week ago)

PS+ gives you discounts ON TOP of the already discounted games on sale. Did you miss the crazy sale a few weeks ago?

Donos

SCEA makes God of War 3 free.

GAF:
"meh, everybody already played this"
"enough with this action games"
"it's not smash brothers"

SCEA should announce all the games for the month/period at once and not weekly.

Mrbob

Yeah that Rockstar Collection sale is trash too. Should be at least 50 percent, if not 75 percent. But I'm not going to harp anymore on PSN and sales. Just that they need to improve if Sony ever truly wants to compete with the king of digital gaming.

Carl

SCEA makes God of War 3 free.

GAF:
"meh, everybody already played this"
"enough with this action games"

"it's not smash brothers"

SCEA should announce all the games for the month/period at once and not weekly.

Everyone already complained about those when SCEE gave away Red Dead Redemption

Vodh

PS+ gives you discounts ON TOP of the already discounted games on sale. Did you miss the crazy sale a few weeks ago?

Yep, I did, subbed like two weeks ago - and I'm not whining on PS+ in general, I think it's great and I'm sure I'll extend my sub after it expires in 3 months, just the discounts I've seen so far have always been laughable. If there was some crazy PS+ sale some time ago that I missed, then I tip my hat to Sony.

Pranay

Yep, I did, subbed like two weeks ago - and I'm not whining on PS+ in general, I think it's great and I'm sure I'll extend my sub after it expires in 3 months, just the discounts I've seen so far have always been laughable. If there was some crazy PS+ sale some time ago that I missed, then I tip my hat to Sony.

The discount are quite good, last 2 months has been disappointing from SCEA
@thread

Updated ~

McNum

When does the EU store update, anyway? Would be nice to have Batman and Vanquish download over the night if it updates at midnight.

Top Bottom