• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July: Until Dawn and Game of Thrones for PS4

bombshell

Eu and us lists are pretty much the same most months. I live in the eu and I got this game from plus.

Nope, you didn't.

As with other episodic games the first episode is free for everyone, not just PS+. It serves as a demo.

The whole season has never been on PS+, so if you have it you must have bought it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure episode 1 was free for a bit at some point.

It was. Most of the Telltale games end up giving Episode 1 away at some point after sales have slowed to hook people and hope they buy the pass to play the remaining episodes. I don't think it was a PS+ monthly freebie or anything. Just a deal they ran.

Anyway, solid month. Already played and loved Until Dawn, but nice to be able to add it to the library to have available if I ever want to replay (I had it physically and sold after beating).

I'll probably play through GoT. I love Telltale game and GoT, but skipped paying for this due to lukewarm at best reception. Probably worth a go as a PS+ freebie though.

Bahorel

Has anyone in the thread confirmed if Until Dawn comes with its preorder exclusive section? I preordered so I have it but its a real shame they took it out for other people

tusken77

Nice! Very solid month. Really looking forward to Until Dawn.

zdArzhZ.png

Cool, glad I held out on Until Dawn all the times it was on sale.

I dropped GoT after episode 4 because the story was pretty piss-poor. Not sure I'll go back.

Print_Dog

Great month. I've been waiting to get Until Dawn because of space. Missed a few good deals on it because of that. Glad I'll have it for whenever now. And Game of thrones...meh. But a good easy platinum.

And to think I just renewed to plus this month because of E3. Two excellent months in a row. And these deals!!
Sogood.gif

HiiiLife

This makes me miss owning a PS4. The selection has been so much better for the months. Might need to grab another console soon.

kc44135

Wow, Life is Strange last month, and Until Dawn this month!? That's awesome! I realize the quality of the games that have been offered up until now is subjective, but I've personally found the PS+ line-up to be lacking on PS4 up until now. Maybe Sony is finally turning things around!

kc44135

Cool, glad I held out on Until Dawn all the times it was on sale.

I dropped GoT after episode 4 because the story was pretty piss-poor. Not sure I'll go back.

It, uh, doesn't get any better, IMO. I wouldn't bother, personally. The way they ended things in the last episode was just awful, to me.
They just sequel baited the hell out of it, with no satisfying conclusion at all
. Yuck.

uceenk

wondering can i transfer Game of Thrones save files from PS3 to PS4 ?

i already played it until eps 4 on PS3, it would be nice if i can continue to play the rest of episodes on PS4

kiguel182

It's the telltale formula to a T. No 4th wall stuff like Borderlands and it isn't an exceptionally good outing like The Wolf Among Us either.

Until Dawn> The Wolf Among Us> Oxenfree> TWD S1> Tales from the Borderlands> who cares

I'll probably skip it then. I like GoT but just being in that universe doesn't save it.

Opa-Pa

Ugh, Until Dawn is one game that while it wasn't bad, it wasn't good enough for me, so I wish it had came out sooner on PS+. I got it a couple months ago and was kinda underwhelmed... Oh well.

At least more people get to experience the GOAT:

giphy.gif

Ummmm, why isn't TOKYO JUNGLE in the title. It's arguably better than all the rest of the games on the list

;)

It, uh, doesn't get any better, IMO. I wouldn't bother, personally. The way they ended things in the last episode was just awful, to me.
They just sequel baited the hell out of it, with no satisfying conclusion at all
. Yuck.

Noted. Thanks for the heads up!

Melchiah

giphy.gif

Ummmm, why isn't TOKYO JUNGLE in the title. It's arguably better than all the rest of the games on the list

;)

I bought Tokyo Jungle on the PS3, and it just wasn't my kind of game. Whereas Until Dawn probably is. I've postponed buying it, as I'm not a big fan of slashers and jump scares, but as a horror fan it's a game I need to experience.

WITHE1982

I agree with you but like I said, there's still a stark contrast between a cinematic game and a gameplay oriented game. Personally I'd feel a bit deflated playing Until Dawn or a Telltalte game after already watching someone play through the entire thing.

Fair enough.

It's still a shame to discount the fantastic social aspect of the game though. I was surprised how good of a party game it turned out to be. Sitting in a room full of people making game changing (well kind of) decisions isn't sone thing that can be replicated on YouTube.

I'd recommend the game to anyone. Especially if you plan to play with friends or your SO.

Awesome, I've been waiting out so long to find Until Dawn for a good price in Canada and now I have no excuse not to play it.

edit: OMG and darkstalkers as well. Great month. Shame that the game isn't BC on PS4.

zulux21

If you still have a ps3 hook it up and play tokyo jungle.
show there is interest in the game.
have them remaster it for the ps4.

it deserves more life.
there should be a second generation of tokyo jungle damn it, the game is too good to die off with the first generation (in game joke btw :p)

KyleCross

Disappointed that the two headliners are modern adventure games, especially since we just got one last month in the form of Life is Strange, least they're easy platinums.

But hey, this is a step in the right direction even if I dislike the genre. Nice to see some bigger games.

Welcome to Until Dawn, one of the most unexpected great mutiplayer experience for a game that was designed as single player.

To go through the game with others elevates the experience as you make you choices and it's great fun getting that kind of feedback.

It's like playing an entire season of a horror series and trying to have everyone make it through.

Top Bottom