• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Now Beta Coming to PS4 Tomorrow

its probably a huge stretch, but has anyone tried to contact sony support and say u got a ps3 code, but need a ps4 code. They could potentially give u one if u can prove u got the email or whatever

doby

Any Europeans tried it to see if it works?

If anyone is willing to donate a code I'll try it.

UK here.

Signed up yesterday with my US account after seeing this thread. Got a code for the PS3 just now :/

Redeemed it on my PS4 anyway but like others have said it wont let you download it. Now trying it out on my PS3 but getting an error that my network delay might make it unusable. It wont let me go ahead and try regardless.

Tried wired and wireless, about to put it into DMZ as a last hope.

I don't have fiber though, just standard up to 8mb/s

Does anyone know the network requirements for PS Now?

I signed up for the beta and only marked the PS4 box because that's the only one I have. Today, I got an email with a code for a PS3 voucher? I entered the code on my PS4 and it accepted it, but it won't download. Not sure what to do from here.

ckohler

I got my code! ... but it's for the PS3 version. :/

I registered a while back. I just re-registered now and only said PS4. Hopefully they'll understand.

Dug

Banned
Comment on the blog post:

FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING ON PS4 CODES: I spoke with Sony Playstation Network support line (a supervisor) and I was told the new keys received today are PS3 keys and only will work on PS3. The list for PS4 keys is still being generated and the email for PS4 keys should go out within the next 48 hours. “PS3 beta key holders are NOT guaranteed to receive a PS4 key”. This is what they told me today which makes no sense since I asked for a PS4 key. smh… WTF Sony!!!

Envious right now. Very envious. Why don't you love me, Sony I really want to try your service. I thought you would look past my brief affair with the 360. Apparently, I was wrong.

Give me a code, Sony!

Comment on the blog post:

but if the key we have right now isnt for ps4, wouldnt it tell us in the ps4 store that it is not compatible? I will still hold out hope for what people are saying about 5 pm...i am also still on hold with support

but if the key we have right now isnt for ps4, wouldnt it tell us in the ps4 store that it is not compatible? I will still hold out hope for what people are saying about 5 pm...i am also still on hold with support

This was my thought too, seems odd that it would allow you to redeem a code for the wrong device.

coldone

Is it for PS4 or PS3. I got an email today that says

Access to this First Phase of Private Beta will allow you to access the PlayStation™Now beta on your PS3™ system.

Or there is a separate PS4 beta that others are getting in ?.

doby

Is it for PS4 or PS3. I got an email today that says

Access to this First Phase of Private Beta will allow you to access the PlayStation™Now beta on your PS3™ system.

Or there is a separate PS4 beta that others are getting in ?.

The general understanding is the code will work for both platforms but the application isn't available for download from the PS4 store atm. Update at 5PM PST.

Also worth noting that the email says we're in the first phase but that's already happened for the PS3 so this would technically be the second. It is the first phase for PS4 though...

Jigolo

I'm waiting for the PS4 app to launch before using the code on my PS3. There's a chance it will work on PS4 even if the email specifically states it's for PS3.

doby

I'm waiting for the PS4 app to launch before using the code on my PS3. There's a chance it will work on PS4 even if the email specifically states it's for PS3.

Already redeemed, authorized and downloaded on the PS3 and can still redeem on PS4 using the same code.

Top Bottom