• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita Found On Sony's E3 Site, Now Removed

Are any of those home screen icons new? Looks just like a quick and dirty shop, but you never know.

I don't really mind the name Vita. Playstation ______ is going to sound strange no matter what. Everyone will probably just call it the PSV anyway.

watershed

Banned
Sounds fake. When have Sony ever opted for that kind of name before? Its always been the playstation, playstation 2, playstation portable became psp, ps3. They've never gone the vista route or anything like that where other companies use foreign words to make their product sound classy. Even their brand new tablets are called S1 and S2.

Kafel

Banned
th_1290413276630.gif

TTP said:
Well, the code name was NGP no? Why would they come up with another code name and even make a logo for it?

I'd heard it called Vita before it was even announced as NGP. I'd assumed it was a codename too and thought nothing more of it.

onQ123

Galvanise_ said:
Zijsr.jpg

JfFOB.jpg

Source.

Never heard of the source before.

In any case, I'd be surprised if it is called Vita. I'd heard that name banded around a long time ago and thought nothing of it, other than it being a codename.

now where is that guy that said he was going to eat a bag of crows? lol

Agent X

In these pictures, the "PS" and "Vita" part of the logo use two different fonts. The "PS" looks like the new PS3 logo, but the "Vita" is a different font altogether, and the two seem to clash too much in my opinion.

Actually, the "Vita" part by itself would look pretty good. It just looks awkward with the "PS" in front of it.

Massa

Two completely different shots and they show the same UI and icon grid?

I think someone had a little too much time in their hands this weekend.

watershed

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
I am not going to call it the Vita, such an ugly name. NGP sounds real appealing compared to that.

Same here. Even if it is called the Vita I'll just call mine a psp2. Vita sounds like I'm ordering coffee or some new windows OS.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Reminds me of some crappy Eurotrash dance DJ name. Should have called it the Xperia and the phone something else.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
They should remove the "PS" and just Keep " VITA" , we know it's a fucking PlayStation.

Anyway "Vita" is million years better than " pee ass pee"

artwalknoon said:
Same here. Even if it is called the Vita I'll just call mine a psp2. Vita sounds like I'm ordering coffee or some new windows OS.
If it is called Vita, I would just call it the Playstation V. Sounds much better then any name Sony would come up with.

Lord Error said:
NGP is just too nerdy sounding. It's much better they named it like this.

yea, quirky names are crucial for success now a days that or "i"at the front.

edit:eek:h man i can see the lame commercials a mile away ,

"It's time to get a life, Playstation...VITA"

Massa said:
Two completely different shots and they show the same UI and icon grid?

I think someone had a little too much time in their hands this weekend.

I assume that's the standard base set of icons. Not sure about the top middle, might be game dependent.

idc what sony decides to name it, it will be referred to as the psp2 (at least by me for awhile)....NGP already taken,Vita just lame.....

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ugly sounding and looking name.

Sounds like they are going to try and brand it a lifestyle device, which is going to be hard when everything about it screams hardcore gaming.

PSV sorta rolls of the tongue. What kind of names can we come up with for that acronym?

Edit: Forgetting the name, just looking at the device upclose, that shit looks so hot. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

GarthVaderUK said:
I think it would be better to just go with PSP2, PSVita sounds terrible.

eh I think if they was gonna call it psp 2 they wouldn't have gone with the codename NGP .... though they could have just been contemplating whether or not to use psp2 and there's still a chance they could use it (ignoring this rumor of course)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
pharmboy044 said:
PSV sorta rolls of the tongue. What kind of names can we come up with for that acronym?

Edit: Forgetting the name, just looking at the device upclose, that shit looks so hot. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

According to Google, PSV stands for Peanut Stunt Virus which sounds quite cool.

If it is the real name (and why the hell not, most Sony hardware stuff leaks waaaaaay beforehand, anyway), then it's not that bad.

Everyone raging about it will be fine with it in a year's time.

DoomXploder7 said:
eh I think if they was gonna call it psp 2 they wouldn't have gone with the codename NGP .... though they could have just been contemplating whether or not to use psp2 and there's still a chance they could use it (ignoring this rumor of course)
I wouldn't count out the possibility of PSP2 just yet until it's official that it's not.

PS2 did had a code name after all.

Elixist

DoomXploder7 said:

Tis wat i thought ty. PSV makes sense in roman numerals its their fifth playstation, but if they wanted this as the abbreviation it should of been the PLAYSTATION VELOCIRAPTOR!! Cmon Sony put the fear in motherfuckers with some 90's cg video card style velociraptor on the box, if its for the hardcore let us know!

M_Night said:
I would call it...

Playstation NEXT

or

Playstation NEXT HD

Please don't be Vita.
Playstation NEXT sounds cool but the problem is people will confuse it with Playstation Network when it's shortened....
"You'll get games on your PSN through PSN"...confusing.

Also, no one actually said Playstation Portable. It was always addressed as PSP. No one is actually going to say Playstation Vita. It'll just be PSV.

Top Bottom