• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita sale at Best Buy. MLB/HSG = $10. Ridge Racer = $20. AC:L/SH:BoM = $30

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Damn it, where is my Ninja Gaiden? :(

MLB the show is pretty tempting for $10 though, not a big fan of sports sims.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn nothing good =/

Have a fuck-ton of reward zone points to burn ; ;

IrishNinja

picked up Touch My Katamari for $20 at gamestop. now that was a deal!*

*its always that price, and i love katamari so yeah

Kyou

Awww when I skimmed past the topic I thought it said "PS Vita Sale at Best Buy something something $100"

Damn . . . . People complain about the lack of games but I would think the situation will get worse if that are the prices the games get and the small installed base.

Cloudy

Banned
Damn . . . . People complain about the lack of games but I would think the situation will get worse if that are the prices the games get and the small installed base.

Those games are relatively old though and MLB season has been over for a while. Still got MLB + HSG though :p

May16

All of those are too expensive except for Hot Shots Golf and MLB. =/
Ridge Racer Vita should be like $8.

Poyunch

I remember that Ridge Racer was notorious for the DLC stuff in Japan so I basically ignored it when it launched in NA despite knowing that all that stuff was patched in for free. So since it's basically a non-issue in NA, are there any problems with this new Ridge Racer? I know they changed the handling for this version but I don't mind that.

edit: Or I could wait. I actually forgot Ridge Racer existed on the Vita. It seems like a perfect game for PS+.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Isn't a new version of MLB The Show coming out in only a few months from now?

edit: and lol @ people assuming from the generous initial PS+ offering that every Vita game will be free eventually. If you look at PS+ on the PS3 there's no reason to believe that. HSG maybe because it's published by Sony.

Risible

PS Vita for $10 and we'll talk.

So you obviously don't own a Vita and yet you felt compelled to come into a PS Vita game sale thread and post an asinine comment?

Might I suggest you take a look at Evilore's Console Wars post stickied at the top of the Gaming forum?

Oh, and thanks Wario, picked up MLB.

Ran rp

I remember that Ridge Racer was notorious for the DLC stuff in Japan so I basically ignored it when it launched in NA despite knowing that all that stuff was patched in for free. So since it's basically a non-issue in NA, are there any problems with this new Ridge Racer? I know they changed the handling for this version but I don't mind that.

edit: Or I could wait. I actually forgot Ridge Racer existed on the Vita. It seems like a perfect game for PS+.

Wait, what?

yurinka

At least in Europe Ridge Racer had a code with part of the DLC.

With this and the stuff released after launch it has enough content for a Ridge Racer (but maybe not as much as modern games).

It has some great additions in form of unlockable upgrades for your car and some unique and innovative online stuff like battling worldwide in 4 teams, ghost battles, etc. And it has the classic Ridge Racer feeling in the music (a ton of free tracks), the graphics and the gameplay.

If you're a fan of the series and like to beat your own and your friends times, get it! It's your game, unlike the one released on home consoles recently.

The Ridge Racer dlc was not free, far from it. The patched the slowdown problems with the game, and of course they didn't charge for that, but the courses, music and cars they charged you for with the silver and gold packs. They may have offered a car or two and some music for free (I forget) but nothing substantial.

I'm still on the fence about keeping my Vita but wanted Hot Shots Golf. I was going to buy the digital version for $17 online but with tax/gas to get this one it will be the same. That way I don't take up room on my memory card. If I can get out today I'll bite.

So you obviously don't own a Vita and yet you felt compelled to come into a PS Vita game sale thread and post an asinine comment?

Might I suggest you take a look at Evilore's Console Wars post stickied at the top of the Gaming forum?

Oh, and thanks Wario, picked up MLB.

Nothing new from some (not all) of the posters here. I think there are a lot of people that jumped on BF deals for Vitas and are now seeing, once they get it in their hands, why it is such a great console.

Personally it will continue to be used a lot more than my 3DS because I enjoy the library it offers more (along with the PSP library which is god like) and I love the online connectivity it offers from PSN to Friends and Trophies.

I think if you like the Vita, great. But if you don't like it, or don't have the money to justify spending on one, you shouldn't be constantly posting crap about how you think it is terrible hardware, because it is clearly false.

Takao

Banned
PSY・S;44978354 said:
The courses for RR alone are $15. The base game is only worth it at $0, imo.

I wonder if Namco Bandai would ever retrofit that game into a F2P release. Many people suggested they do that once its insane lack of content was discovered.

Respawn

Banned
Is anyone having an issue with BestBuy checkout? I have about 5 items in there that I cannot buy or remove. Cannot even add the games up to.

Top Bottom