• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR Unboxings

JP

I know I'm weak but this is making me really regret cancelling my pre-order. There are still retailers in the UK selling them with launch day delivery...I have to be strong. :(

Danj

I just paid off my Amazon UK preorder a couple days ago so I'm excited. Still need to get some PS Moves from somewhere though.

Rojiraan

I'm so sad about this demo disc issue, I'm really thinking of getting the US version instead of the EU one, just because of that...
BTW, can I dream of a good old Jason Page soundtrack with killing aesthetics for the demo disc menu ? :p

Or that's maybe just a simple disc containing games files and... That's all. God please no.
I need to check if there is already some YouTube videos of it.

Zafir

Looks nice.

I already cancelled my pre-order from Amazon UK though. I just can't justify the cost for the moment.

JP

I know I'm weak but this is making me really regret cancelling my pre-order. There are still retailers in the UK selling them with launch day delivery...I have to be strong. :(
Ah fuck, I'm back in!!!

Well done PlayStation and your letting people release videos of themselves opening a box made out of paper. :(

EDIT:
Can't believe I'm spending £700 on PlayStation hardware in the next two months that isn't even on PlayStation 5.

I'm so sad about this demo disc issue, I'm really thinking of getting the US version instead of the EU one, just because of that...
BTW, can I dream of a good old Jason Page soundtrack with killing aesthetics for the demo disc menu ? :p

Or that's maybe just a simple disc containing games files and... That's all. God please no.
I need to check if there is already some YouTube videos of it.
Can't you just use an American account to download the us demos? T hi as was I plan to do for the games not included in the UK box.

Less than 2 weeks to go, can't wait to finally have it in my hands.

Raybunny

With the PS4 Pro pre ordered, my car's 1st year maintenance service and the pets to take to the vet, I wont get the headset this soon but... it does look good!

So no bundle unboxings? Couldn't find anything on YouTube...

Still wanna know if the new camera comes with the bundle or not.

Spades

Cancelled my pre-order last week. As much as I want to try out PSVR, I don't think it's worth the asking price right now. Waiting for reviews and opinions to prove me wrong before I decide to get one.

Sethista

So no bundle unboxings? Couldn't find anything on YouTube...

Still wanna know if the new camera comes with the bundle or not.

It does. camera, 2 move controllers and vr worlds. plus the demo disc

whatyearisthis.gif

I wish they just give the download code for the demo.

You can download all the demos on PSN. I have the faulty launch ps4 that spits out discs and beeps, so even tho I bought the bundle I wont be able to use the disc until november when I get my ps4 pro.

I'd like to know what the viewing experience is like for non-VR stuff. Do you get the same kind of impression as having a large television but within a headset?

Rojiraan

Can't you just use an American account to download the us demos? T hi as was I plan to do for the games not included in the UK box.

Less than 2 weeks to go, can't wait to finally have it in my hands.

Sure, but well from a "collector" point of view, I would be really sad to not getting the full package.
But if that's just a disc containing demo files without anything around... I'll stay with my EU ver, for sure.

Z3M0G

How long is the cable?

Any videos yet of the Demo disk being played?

Is that Xenosaga music in the Gamespot video?

Bwahaha Max and Brian are completely killing it with their unboxing,
Probably wait a year or so before I dip my shoes into VR, eagerly waiting to watch it grow!

Planet

IGN does an absolutely terrible job! First they claim you can just as well continue to use your Bluetooth headset instead of plugging something into the cable. That doesn't even work with regular PS4 games. And even if you forgive the term and count it as they meant just wireless headsets: no, IGN, that explicitly doesn't work!

Second, they still cling to the notion that the breakout box is there because the PS4 is not powerful enough, and it could have been integrated into PS4 Pro but wasn't. After the facts have been explained countless times over the past 9(?) months they still don't know what this box does. Quality game journalism...

Get a grip, IGN, if you can't figure that stuff out, hire someone to explain it to you!

Light bleeding would be a deal breaker for me. I don't want to have to take up a space and then ruin the lighting for those around me who have to live with me.

The packaging is nice. Matches my expectations on price.

Peltz

We came a long way since I got my virtual boy in the 90s. I can't wait for mine to get delivered. It's slowly sinking in that this is really the launch of a new platform in many ways.

I'm officially excited.

Ah fuck, I'm back in!!!

Well done PlayStation and your letting people release videos of themselves opening a box made out of paper. :(

EDIT:
Can't believe I'm spending £700 on PlayStation hardware in the next two months that isn't even on PlayStation 5.

Did you try it? Serious question here because I tried it yesterday with a friend, he had his pre ordered with 50€ and he even had the money available for the full purchase (sold many games and stuff). But at the end he wasn't convinced by the quality of the experience for this price... canceled pre-order, waiting for PS5 and maybe PS VR 2.

Really it's a nice experience but you should try it first. If already done then you'll be happy with it hopefully :)

Knuf

If you guys look closely you'll noticed the US version comes with the demo disk in a real case, while Europe gets the flimsy cardboard thing. Really unfair imo.

psvreuwasrobbedagainvkjjw.png

029_-_l2sji.gif

What in the fuck, Sony? Europe got robbed again.

Elandyll

Banned
Had to cancel my PSVR pre order due to a rough financial summer, so I'll miss launch unfortunately. Still looking forward to it, either during the Holidays or at some point in 2017.

JP

Chû Totoro;218610740 said:
Did you try it? Serious question here because I tried it yesterday with a friend, he had his pre ordered with 50€ and he even had the money available for the full purchase (sold many games and stuff). But at the end he wasn't convinced by the quality of the experience for this price... canceled pre-order, waiting for PS5 and maybe PS VR 2.

Really it's a nice experience but you should try it first. If already done then you'll be happy with it hopefully :)
I have, it's fantastic.

Top Bottom