• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR Unboxings

So I currently have my PS4 hooked up to a monitor with a HDMI to DVI cable. Now with that breakout box, is it going to work like this:

- PS4 to breakout box (HDMI to HDMI)
- Breakout box to monitor (HDMI to DVI)

If so, can this be permanently setup even for regular games? Or do I need to switch cables all the time?
Also, if it can be used as a permanent setup, does the box create some additional input lag (as the signal needs to go through it instead of directly to the TV)?

Elitist1945

If I'm going to be having the headset go through the breakout box, to the ps4, to my receiver, and then the tv, is the input lag going to be bad lol

If I'm going to be having the headset go through the breakout box, to the ps4, to my receiver, and then the tv, is the input lag going to be bad lol
Breakout box 1: headset
Breakout box 2: TV/receiver, etc

There are 2 outs, one directly for the headset and the other so everyone else can watch.

Mobius1

My headphones run on the digital out, am I screwed?

Same here, I use an external DAC to go from optical out to headphones. From what I've read you can still route regular stereo audio that way. But if you want to take advantage of the 3D positional audio (which gets processed on the breakout box) you have to connect to the headset's 3.5mm audio jack.

Has anyone actually examined the positional audio in-depth? It sounds a bit like marketing, akin to those simulated surround-sound features that end up sounding worse than regular stereo.

So I currently have my PS4 hooked up to a monitor with a HDMI to DVI cable. Now with that breakout box, is it going to work like this:

- PS4 to breakout box (HDMI to HDMI)
- Breakout box to monitor (HDMI to DVI)

If so, can this be permanently setup even for regular games? Or do I need to switch cables all the time?
Also, if it can be used as a permanent setup, does the box create some additional input lag (as the signal needs to go through it instead of directly to the TV)?

Yes it works like that, it can be hooked up indefinitely and you just play games normally when you switch the headset off. No idea on input lag but I doubt it's substantial.

Top Bottom