• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

Tntnnbltn

fistfulofmetal said:
So wait

If the next Cagney update for burnout gives us custom soundtracks.,..

And 2.40 gives us custom soundtracks.

Will I have to wait for Cagney to listen to Judas Priest in Burnout?
* Custom Soundtracks for supported games (released games must be patched to support the feature)

My download is at 54%.... I wish I had faster internet :(

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
chubigans said:
INSTALLINGINSTALLINGINSTALLING

Who's gonna be the first to point out something that's already been there? I'll start.

"Whoa, Information Board?! That's totally new!!!!"

Whoa awesome! :D My mind has been blown.

Cruzader

Banned
Now the bitchin officially begins with ppls cussing Sony for their games not compatible with trophies/custom sts even though knowing they need to be patched b4 hand....

hirokazu

Dunno why you people are complaining about it being slow, that was pretty fast. It finished downloading and sat there because I didn't anticipate it to be as fast as it was.

INSTALLING!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
WHOA, THE STORE GOT A FACELIFT!

It now displays either the blocks mode or a list mode like the Xbox Live Marketplace.

jonabbey

chubigans said:

Who's gonna be the first to point out something that's already been there? I'll start.

"Holy crap, there's printer support in this update!"

Kittonwy

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:

happysup.gif

This is like Christmas, but better.
Indifferent2.gif

Jonnyram

chubigans said:

Not everyone updates their PS3 on a weekly basis.

jonabbey

rkenshin said:
Super Stardust 255mb 4.00 install!

Heh, yeah, that SSHD download is standing between me and Firmware 2.4.

Mamas, don't let your babies pull a game update simultaneously with a new Firmware release.

Tntnnbltn

chubigans said:
WHOA, THE STORE GOT A FACELIFT!

It now displays either the blocks mode or a list mode like the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Added it to the OP. I'll update it with any other stealth additions.

EDIT: My install complete after 4 minutes. :D

kassatsu

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
2:59 to download

1:06 to reboot and go thru menu (i was kinda slow here, since i stopped to skim the text)

2:57 to install

TOTAL TIME: 7:02
That took forevvvvvvvvvvvvver... terrrrrrible

INSTALLED :D

Someone test a PS1 game to see if in-game XMB works. We never got an answer on that (it doesn't work on PS2/DVD/BRD though).

j-wood

My screen is black, my controllers are unresponsive. I started the downloaded, walked away, and came back to this. what should I do?

nib95

Banned
Downloading a lot faster than expected. I thought will all the droves of people hitting the download simultaneously it would crunch. Mines speeding through.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TRY IN-GAME XMB MGS4 NOW!
DO IT!

AND TEKKEN 5: DR

AND WARHAWK

NOW

kevm3

I thought this firmware was going to be huge, but it downloaded very quickly. Installing now... Can't wait.

Top Bottom