• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Home Official Thread

Fizzle

they should give us the option then

i also have a feeling sony are gonna make thier own google ad's within those loading times

and if we don't like it, we're gonna have to pay a fee

Q: From a third-party perspective, what percentage of publishers are interested in Home?

Jack Buser: Every major publisher is interested in Home. Here you can speak directly to the PlayStation audience on the platform that your product is on. It is unbelievably uneconomical. And there are commerce opportunities for partners. You have publishers and brands coming into Home looking to engage with an audience, but they also have the opportunity to generate revenue. It's a model that makes sense for everybody. It's kind of a perfect storm.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/home-world

I guess it shouldn't be surprising. Home is easy money for devs if they choose to take advantage of it.

agm2502

Well there are spaces for EA, Capcom and Ubisoft so far so if they're interested then obviously most other publishers are. I hope most publishers put out spaces in the same scope of the EA space or the Siren space thats out in Japan.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Fizzle said:
they should give us the option then

i also have a feeling sony are gonna make thier own google ad's within those loading times

and if we don't like it, we're gonna have to pay a fee

ads are cool.

Any way splurged on some street fighter apparel yesterday. Had a blast with it in the gamer's lounge, lots of haters...fun to get in a dance off though. lol

we need to be able to take screen shots with the ps3 so we can upload our home avatars.

my dude looks awesome, I want to use him as my avatar for gaf.

DMeisterJ

Banned
EA, Ubi and Capgod are already there, and they had a list of like 21 pubs that were doing something in there, and people are running around with Street Fighter Apparel everywhere.

It is definitely a good model for a pub who wants to make some added revenue, for nothing. I mean, how much time did it take Capgod to make those couple of outfits to sell them for 3-5 bucks a pop for a full outfit. And it's advertising everywhere. Really a good business model.

obaidr

Banned
agm2502 said:
Well there are spaces for EA, Capcom and Ubisoft so far so if they're interested then obviously most other publishers are. I hope most publishers put out spaces in the same scope of the EA space or the Siren space thats out in Japan.

you forget namco ;) And all the great sony firstparty spaces.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
DMeisterJ said:
EA, Ubi and Capgod are already there, and they had a list of like 21 pubs that were doing something in there, and people are running around with Street Fighter Apparel everywhere.

It is definitely a good model for a pub who wants to make some added revenue, for nothing. I mean, how much time did it take Capgod to make those couple of outfits to sell them for 3-5 bucks a pop for a full outfit. And it's advertising everywhere. Really a good business model.

It can't be $3 an outfit can it?

Cruzader

Banned
Just wanted to post some Home love. Yesterday out of nowhere, one of my friends told me I was one of the winners from last week's Guitar Hero contest. I was shocked!!

With the 10 PSN bucks im gonna get future KZ2 DLC or maybe Fat Princess. Home rocks, thats all I gotta say.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
mckmas8808 said:
It can't be $3 an outfit can it?

I don't want someone to copy me but it is inevitable.

I got the guile haircut, blanka upper body, ryu lower body.

I think that was like 1 dollar. Some things are 49 cents and some are a buck. Got a ps 20dollar card from blockbuster.

Farnack

Banned
I can't believe you can't play that RE5 arcade thing unless you have the game. Holy crap!

Anyways, the Xi thing is pretty cool. I actually log on to check for Xi updates.

I wish there were more stuff to buy. I'm waiting for the dojo. I was gonna buy the ninja stuff, but the words Beta still scares me off from buying anything. Though I would buy the Helghast costume if it was available. Where the hell is it!?

EktorPR

djtortilla said:
so to get the Home Street fighter costumes, you need to buy them? You don't unlock them if you have the SFIV game?

You unlock SFIV-branded tees and character statues with the game. The costumes have to be bought.

Edit: shit, beaten. :(

LM4sure

Banned
How is Home coming along? I haven't been on since they had the beta. It was boring as hell then, so hopefully they've added some things to liven it up.

Cruzader

Banned
Farnack said:
I can't believe you can't play that RE5 arcade thing unless you have the game. Holy crap!

Anyways, the Xi thing is pretty cool. I actually log on to check for Xi updates.

I wish there were more stuff to buy. I'm waiting for the dojo. I was gonna buy the ninja stuff, but the words Beta still scares me off from buying anything. Though I would buy the Helghast costume if it was available. Where the hell is it!?
Home beta is here to stay for a long time. I wouldn't worry about losing items since they are tied to your PSN account. And KZ2 costumes were Amazon preorder exclusive which can be bought on eBay if you really want them.

Oni Jazar

LM4sure said:
How is Home coming along? I haven't been on since they had the beta. It was boring as hell then, so hopefully they've added some things to liven it up.

Pretty good content wise. They finally have enough micro games on there to be somewhat of an interesting time waster. Xi is the best game space on there yet with lots of stuff to do and more almost every other day.

If they can deliver on some of their original promises like media sharing it will be a very nice service.

dfyb

Banned
man... it is so awesome that i have a Bumpy Trot statue. but... it is so fucking lame that it is stuck in japan Home. i want to be able to travel with a single Home avatar and bring stuff back.

jiggle

dfyb said:
man... it is so awesome that i have a Bumpy Trot statue. but... it is so fucking lame that it is stuck in japan Home.

yeah ; ;
and creepy idolm@sk :lol

really wish they kept it like in the original beta when u can jump region server with an invite :/

dfyb

Banned
jiggle said:
yeah ; ;
and creepy idolm@sk :lol

really wish they kept it like in the original beta when u can jump region server with an invite :/
wow i didn't know you could do that in the beta. yeah, they really should bring it back. i fear some lame regional contracts with Home sponsors will prevent that sort of thing though. it's just silly though.

dfyb said:
wow i didn't know you could do that in the beta. yeah, they really should bring it back. i fear some lame regional contracts with Home sponsors will prevent that sort of thing though. it's just silly though.

Maybe, some Diesel Clothes are free in the EU server while none of them are free in the US server.

However, I wish you could go to Xi and then go to one of those portals, you know they have 3, so make it 4 and each one would take you to a different server so you could teleport to each server at will, that would be sweet.

dfyb said:
so apparently it's actually possible. people have been bragging about it on the PS forums (with pic proof) but have kept it a secret. i assume it's a similar proxy trick used in other PSN exploits. don't know if i want to risk getting banned or whatever though...

What's possible? Jumping from server to server? How do you do it?

dfyb

Banned
so apparently it's actually possible. people have been bragging about it on the PS forums (with pic proof) but have kept it a secret. i assume it's a similar proxy trick used in other PSN exploits. don't know if i want to risk getting banned or whatever though...

dfyb

Banned
you use your PC as a proxy. capture the IP of the jpn home space you want to visit. then, using the proxy running on your PC, swap the IP of a target US space with the jpn space you want to go. when you try to connect to the target US space, your PC will redirect you to the JPN space.

but it wouldn't be hard for sony to see that you have items you shouldn't... so if they wanted to ban you, it wouldn't be hard.

dfyb

Banned
sent an email to sony support asking if it's actually against the TOS to do so. expecting it to conflict with the clause about not modifying client-server communication, but who knows -- maybe they'll sympathize.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GAF's chance to hop on board the Home gravy train?

http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/20...rated-virtual-shirts-in-playstation-home.html

T-shirt print-on-demand service MySoti is preparing to move the most popular items from its catalog of user-designed T-shirts into PlayStation's Home service. Players will be able to purchase virtual good versions of MySoti designs for their Home avatars and MySoti will give the original designer a cut of the revenue, just as the company would if someone had bought a real t-shirt based on that design.

Since the Home shirts are exact copies of existing MySoti designs, it is possible for a user who purchases a MySoti shirt in Home to also purchase a real-world copy of it to wear themselves. It is also in theory possible for every user in the MySoti community who submits a shirt design to get their shirt turned into a virtual item in Home.

In practice, T-shirt design must qualify for Most Wanted status on the site before it is considered for addition to Home. Most Wanted simply means a design has reached a certain level of on-site popularity as voted by users. Once a shirt is Most Wanted, then a team of MySoti and PlayStation representatives evaluate the design's suitability for Home.

As an aside, the article also says that the revenue split with third parties for Home stuff is 80/20.

I'm sure a GAF logo-ed t-shirt could prove popular :p

DMeisterJ

Banned
I would buy a GAF shirt from the site, and from HOME. That way the dozen or so of us who do like the site can all see who each other is.

Looks like someone needs to get us NeoGAF t-shirt templates so the artists can try their hand at making a videogame shirt worth having in Home and IRL :D

Here are some MySoti most wanted:

209311_show_default.png

181239_show_default.png

236530_show_default.png

We need a NeoGAF shirt that oozes that much awesomeness!

AndyD

aka andydumi
dreamer3kx said:
wow i totally forgot about Home, how is it these days?

The little Xi game is quite cool. It totally crosses into semi reality with Youtube and wiki stuff. Also its a great testbed for minigames and other little such things.

That said, a gaf shirt would be a great way for us to contribute to both Home and Gaf. Just not a black shirt please, perhaps create a nice design and offer it on a number of colors of shirts.

dfyb

Banned
gofreak said:
GAF's chance to hop on board the Home gravy train?

http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/20...rated-virtual-shirts-in-playstation-home.html

As an aside, the article also says that the revenue split with third parties for Home stuff is 80/20.

I'm sure a GAF logo-ed t-shirt could prove popular :p
sounds awesome. seems like since GAF is a gaming-related forum, something could be worked out to smooth out the process.

Cruzader said:
sadly,only for EU region.

FUCK THIS STUPID REGION SHIT GODDAM (GOD DAMNIT)

Godfather II Home space. and stuff

Tomorrow, April 9th, is shaping up to be a milestone date in the ever-evolving world known as PlayStation Home…and we can’t wait for you all to log in and check out all the cool stuff we’ve had brewing!

First up, EA is launching their first PlayStation Home game space to support the newly-released The Godfather II game. This space will have a Texas Hold ‘Em table and will allow you a place to gather with your fellow PlayStation Home mobsters and tighten up your poker face before EA launches its highly-anticipated Sports Complex.

3424719542_da063c851f.jpg

3423912521_409256ea8e.jpg

To celebrate the launch of The Godfather II space, we’ll be throwing our first Celebrity Poker tournament in-world Thursday night and we’re inviting you along to play a hand (or lose a hand, if you can’t settle your debts!). Decorate your avatar to resemble one of your favorite celebrities and then get ready to throw some cards. The party starts at 5:00pm PT (8:00pm EST) and ends when it ends.

On a similarly awesome note, Capcom is further demonstrating their support for all things PlayStation Home-related by refreshing the Resident Evil 5 game space. A new mini-game quest and a souvenir shop with new costumes will be available within the space, and much more. But the best part is that all of you Resident Evil 5 freaks will get a chance to further sharpen your zombie-slaying skills on Thursday, April 16th. Between the hours of 3:00pm and 7:00pm PT (6:00pm and 10:00pm EST), PlayStation Home Community Management team members CydoniaX, BuggieTechnica, and Locust_Star will be joining up with Capcom staff to launch into co-op games of RE5 with PlayStation Home users.

The sessions will last for one chapter or 20 minutes - whichever comes first. To participate, just be sure to show up at the Resident Evil 5 game space and have the game loaded into your PLAYSTATION 3. We’ll be looking for users with the game launching icon over their heads, and if we see you we’ll jump into your game. We’ll be dressed in either the new Chris or Sheva costumes. The question is, will you?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I want Resistance 2 game launch and game space :mad:

Top Bottom