• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

Tabris

Grecco said:
Yeah thats why everybody bitches about Friend Codes, or the Graphics , Crappy Third Party Ports or the 3 hold outs still laugh at Waggling

Seriously. Sony fans here are turning into Nintendo fans. This whole victim, everybody hates us, everybody has bias, everybody wants to see Sony die. "stick" is Reallly Sad. It hasnt been a full year since Sonys bad news started and its an incredible reversal here at Gaf

Come on, "we"'ve been through it for the last 2 years. It started with the "PSP has no games, lol" stick then the PS3 e3 price announcement, then the PS3 launches.

I don't want to spend $600+ for my game systems in the future. Simple as that.

Seriousely, 599 too much for you? then don't buy it and STFU. Why should you care if all the games are going multi-platform anyways? Play the Wii and be happy, oh wait... I get why it's so busy on the haterade lately, it's the Wii game drought right now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Aaaaand I think this thread is winding down. :D

Sony is in big trouble and needs a price drop right now. It is nothing about the quality of the hardware or the games Sony will produce, but at the end of the day they've significantly chopped their potential market into 50 pieces. It doesn't matter who wants a PS3 if only 5% of those people can afford a PS3.

topsyturvy said:
''Desperate producers unashamedly asked the crowd to fake excitement when the cameras were rolling, while a team from 2Day FM let out bogus cheers to convince their radio listeners that a launch extravaganza was underway''.

uh oh

Man. What's that from?

Tabris said:
Seriousely, 599 too much for you? then don't buy it and STFU. Why should you care if all the games are going multi-platform anyways? Play the Wii and be happy, oh wait... I get why it's so busy on the haterade lately, it's the Wii game drought right now.

woah... joke post?

vasuba

Banned
You know what would have made the Xbox boat even better and put an even bitter taste in Sonys mouth? have it say Wii60 Loves you.

shpankey

not an idiot
Tabris said:
ps3.jpg

i think by this time next year, ps3 will sell more then the 360 on monthly sales. a price drop is indeed close if this launch is actually half that bad. surely there not gonna keep it at that price. When the ps3 is the same price of the 360, it will be snatched up no doubt.

Tabris said:
Come on, "we"'ve been through it for the last 2 years. It started with the "PSP has no games, lol" stick then the PS3 e3 price announcement, then the PS3 launches.

Get off your high horse. Microsoft, Nintendo, and just about any other game-related company get their lumps when they do something stupid.

Don't buy it? Sure.

STFU? Um... why? That doesn't affect Sony either way.

PkunkFury

Tabris said:

And Nintendo went through it for 10 years. Have a seat buddy, you're in for the long haul. But we'll give you some tips to help you along the way. The worst part is when Square leaves you. Then there's acceptance. First party is the new "in". You will have one or two big games a year, and you'll get the opportunity to talk about them, A LOT. Then with next generation comes unfulfilled hope, but you can coast low as you haven't any furhter to fall. After this point, non-games will rescue you and carry you to heaven

Grecco

Tabris said:

And before that everybody here thought the PSP would destroy the DS. I still remember the Pokemon GIF with the 3 PSPs or the countless threads guessing when the PSP would pass the DS numbers. Nintendo fans took it far longer than Sony fans did at Gaf, it seems like Sony fans dont like to take it now.

Oh and Wii drought? :lol

Speevy

Banned
Once a year we throw a party here in town Once a year we turn all Paris upside down Ev'ry man's a king and ev'ry king's a clown Once again it's Topsy Turvy Day!

felipeko

Tabris said:
I think he meant for the others generations..
If Sony succeeds on that price it's like saying "we dont care about how much it costs, as longs its a Playstation"...

nvm, just noticed that ur Tabris... got unbanned? didn't see you in media-create this time...

PkunkFury said:
And Nintendo went through it for 10 years. Have a seat buddy, you're in for the long haul. But we'll give you some tips to help you along the way. The worst part is when Square leaves you. Then there's acceptance. First party is the new "in". You will have one or two big games a year, and you'll get the opportunity to talk about them, A LOT. Then with next generation comes unfulfilled hope, but you can coast low as you haven't any furhter to fall. After this point, non-games will rescue you and carry you to heaven
:lol well played, well played.

PkunkFury said:

OH SNAPS

Tabris said:

Eh, I have a 360 too. I bought TWO systems for about the price of a PS3. Now I have the option of buying two libraries worth of games.

Also, you crying about being through it for the last two years is nothing. Nintendo fanboys had to deal with it for upwards of 10 years. You've got a long way to go yet.

Edit:

PkunkFury said:

You, sir, are awesome.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Hey Tabris! New Media Create numbers are out! We've been missing you in that thread ever since you stopped by a couple of weeks ago when PS3 sales spiked at 41K.

NinSoX

Banned
Oh God I can already hear bishopt's mouse clicking with anticipation...quick, earn your Bishopt Points (tm) before it's too late

Praise the Canucks Who reigns above and keeps their opponents below;
Praise the holy Canucks of love and all their greatness show;
Praise them for their noble deeds; praise them for their matchless power;
Canucks from Whom all good proceeds let earth and heaven adore.

OmniGamer

No "Solid, if not spectacular" jokes yet?

In all seriousness, the one positive for me is that although I personally would be willing to pay $599 for a PS3 if I had the dough, hopefully these recent sales trends will cause the price to lower by the time my funds reach that point.

shpankey

not an idiot
Fafalada said:
I don't think anyone would call a 250$ GC cheap. Crap on the other hand...:p
i get you, but next time please quote my whole sentence... others reading that stubbed quote could get the wrong idea about what i said. ;)

p.s. i mean this with all respect. i know you're a great poster here. :)

Tabris

Oh come on, Nintendo fans didn't go through it for 10 years. Both the beginning of the N64 and Gamecube eras were filled with good times. The difference between Sony and Nintendo hate is that Nintendo hate starts near the end of a generation and Sony hate starts at the beginning of a generation.

2 generations in a row it's been like this :)

EDIT - BTW, Canucks are awesome! :) I think we may end up beating Detroit and Nashville for #1 before the playoffs!

Pistolero

PkunkFury said:

:lol

I see you endured quite a lot ; sorry to hear it ! Now hand over the "loser" shirt... :lol

dankir

PkunkFury said:

Hear Hear, this man deserves a medal. QFT!

topsyturvy said:
i'll bet you that the ps3 will have more exclusives then the 360 when this generation is over.

topsyturvy said:
i think by this time next year, ps3 will sell more then the 360 on monthly sales. a price drop is indeed close if this launch is actually half that bad. surely there not gonna keep it at that price. When the ps3 is the same price of the 360, it will be snatched up no doubt.

You know, I was a Junior Member once. But I don't remember posting rediculous comments just to run up my post count.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
schuelma said:
Hey Tabris! New Media Create numbers are out! We've been missing you in that thread ever since you stopped by a couple of weeks ago when PS3 sales spiked at 41K.
Nice! :D

topsyturvy said:

How on Earth could this ever happen for longer than a 24 hour period between when Sony announces the most severe price drop in history (which it would have to be) and when MS drops the 360 price by $50 the next day?

PkunkFury

Tabris said:
Both the beginning of the N64 and Gamecube eras were filled with good times. The difference between Sony and Nintendo hate is that Nintendo hate starts near the end of a generation and Sony hate starts at the beginning of a generation.

No, they really weren't "good times". After Mario 64 there was next to nothing for us. We hyped Turok for god sakes (It feels so dirty now).

We kept waiting for Zelda... "you'll see! It'll be so awesome!". Every few months I would sell my copy of Golden Eye to Funcoland, and stop by the next week to purchase it again, just to feel that rush of an exciting new release one more time...

If we didn't get ruffed up so bad by fanboys at the time, it was because

A. The internet was not as prevelant

B. We were getting our asses kicked by a newcomer, who did not yet have a fanbase yet to drive it home.

However, watching Nintendo die was just as painful, and in retrospect it was just as well desrved.

someone should post the "Wait 'till Spaceworld" jpeg

teepo

if it wasn't for my atp's sonic youth tickets, the posts in this thread would have pushed me to the verge of committing suicide.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Aaaaand I think this thread is winding down. :D

Sony is in big trouble and needs a price drop right now. It is nothing about the quality of the hardware or the games Sony will produce, but at the end of the day they've significantly chopped their potential market into 50 pieces. It doesn't matter who wants a PS3 if only 5% of those people can afford a PS3.

Don't worry, they're doing fine in Sweden, supposedly, if that's actually what this article says...

AltogetherAndrews said:
Any of the local Stockholm residents care to confirm/deny this report?

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1298&a=631587

Seriously, yeah, if they can't even hold on to Europe, Sony is in big, big trouble.

Lefty42o

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
How on Earth could this ever happen for longer than a 24 hour period between when Sony announces the most severe price drop in history (which it would have to be) and when MS drops the 360 price by $50 the next day?

thye keep thinking this is the ps2 again where it was a year head start and was priced the same as the xbox and had that advatage.

they keep thinking the xbox will stand still and let the ps3 catch it. trust me the xbox will react to anything sony does. they will always be priced higher. just how it is. the year head start can not just be wiped away.

Juice

Teknopathetic said:
"it's like the japanese x360 launch all over the world"

Fixed.

THIS is what Newsweek should be quoting.

Now that a pending Europe launch can't be used to explain away rotten sales, the SDF will probably have to resort to inventing a new continent* and claiming that only once the PS3 launches there will it reach its full potential.

*Mainland Asia, Africa, or South America notwithstanding. As if they count.

Top Bottom