• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps3 refuses to update newly formatted drive...

pa22word

Hello all, I recently salvaged a 2.5 inch drive from an old laptop I had (drive is fine, ran it through my PC first just to check) but now that it's in the PS3 itself using USB update the damned thing refuses to recognize the update file. It usually loads it, then gets about 78-85% "updated" before it crashes and tells me that the update file it was just reading is inapplicable. Google has been no help, basically telling me to light a candle and pray to every known god while balancing on heels and juggling to get it to work. I've tried various renaming schemes, pulling the controller out when starting the update, various different thumb drives, etc all to no avail and which have been reported as potential solutions (yet sound more like dumb luck eventually working for the people).

All I wanted to do was play yakuza 5, but now this silly update thing, sony's backasswards download then install then delete downloaded file forcing me to get a new drive, then having to basically destroy a laptop to get the drive out...man it really seems like there's some dude upstairs telling me to avoid this game lol >.<

Top Bottom