• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 - Regional User Faces... :)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
So I was messing around in the XMB and noticed that you can change the little happy faces in the Users menu, but I was shocked to see that Sony didn’t include any regional icons. They probably don’t want to encourage multiple accounts across different countries, but as most of us at GAF do so I created these little custom ones.

example.png

Just press triangle on your signed-in profile, go to Information, click on the Icon and then go to “Select from [Photo]”, choose one of these images (or make your own if you think you can do better!) and spruce up your XMB.

United States
icon_usa.png

Great Britain
icon_gb.png

Japan (+ Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force, for flair)
icon_jp1.png
icon_jp2.png
icon_jp3.png
icon_jp4.png

Other
icon_french.png
icon_germ.png

Here is the PSD so I don’t become so kind of flag-face-merging workhouse. Just drag in a flag, cut it to the shape of the face and cut out the eyes/mouth. Then copy the layer style from the British flag and paste it onto yours. If you don’t have Photoshop or are completely useless in the program, just ask in the thread and I’m sure I or someone else can help you.

template.png

Template.PSD

Enjoy!

Nemesis_

Wow awesome idea! Very easy to tell now whenever I keep signing in and out. How about a Hong Kong one?

Anyway, veyr nice work. Will be using these myself =P

oneHeero

McBacon said:
Awesome thanks alot MrBacon, fuck your name sounds so good, I just want to eat you, I love bacon, I love it alot. I ate the Ultimate Bacon & Egg combo @ IHOP yesterday, 4 slices of bacon and my gf had 3 slices so I ate 2 of hers as well. My daughter threw her piece on the floor so I quickly picked it up and ate it since the 5 sec rule was intact. I love you MrBacon.

NekoFever

Nice work.

In case anyone's wondering, you can delete them from the photo folder once you've set them as icons. Just saves you cluttering things up.

nny

Ah, it's a great idea, they look really cool! If you could get around to do a portuguese one, it would be greatly appreciated (at this pace you'll soon have done half of the countries in the world ;P).

I've been using avatars from various animes and video games for all my accounts.

But, this is an awesome idea though. I always considered using a flag for each account, but this looks even better.:D

LRB1983

Banned
McBacon said:
[IG]http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/wp-content/screenshots2/psnicons/icon_spain.png[/MG] [IG]http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/wp-content/screenshots2/psnicons/icon_spain2.png[/MG]
Thanks a lot for two versions ^^.

Gowans

nice McBacon

UK one is ace but where's the individual countries?
England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Island
Isle of White
Isle of Man
Channel Islands etc...

;) :D ;)

Grayman

McBacon said:
icon_can.png
icon_can2.png

Now you're just making countries up...
Very nice Canadian bacon(which is just ham, we don't even call it that bacon is bacon)

Although how would it look if the leafs were scaled down to fit between the eyes and having bigger red borders?

Top Bottom