• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Ridge Racer Driftopia BETA is go.....soon

Seems the registration process has opened up now according to the EU blog

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/16/ridge-racer-driftopia-ps3-beta-starting-soon/

PlayStation Blog readers, we need you! Sign up here to have a chance to be one of the first players to get a glimpse of the drifting experience offered by Ridge Racer Driftopia and contribute to the game’s optimisation by providing valuable feedback.

Ridge Racer Driftopia is the first ever free-to-play game based on the legendary franchise, and puts the series’ signature drifting and arcade handling right at the heart of the experience with upgraded visuals that make every dust mote and gleaming fender shimmer with life.

In the game you will be challenged to shave seconds off each other’s times as they tear up the streets and punch holes in solid concrete to reveal vital shortcuts. Beat other players’ times to climb the global rankings, level up cars and earn booster cards to get that racing edge over the competition

Theecliff

Banned
Recent Videogamer.com podcast impressions suggest that this is pretty bad, mostly due to an atrocious free-to-play model that they've adopted.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Few things folks.

This isn't the traditional Ridge Racer that a lot of folks love. It's basically a F2P version of Unbounded.

The F2P model is fucking awful, just buy Unbounded cheap and get a nice, complete package.

Vorg

Banned
Few things folks.

This isn't the traditional Ridge Racer that a lot of folks love. It's basically a F2P version of Unbounded.

The F2P model is fucking awful, just buy Unbounded cheap and get a nice, complete package.

Or buy Ridge Racer 7 instead and get a real Ridge Racer experience

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Or buy Ridge Racer 7 instead and get a real Ridge Racer experience

If you prefer traditional Ridge Racer then sure but I love Unbounded too. It's a great game, it's just more Bugbear than traditional Ridge Racer. It still has its merits.

Is this the Ridge Racer developed by Bug Bear ? if yes, not interested at all.

I want a proper Ridge Racer 8 developed in Japan as a launch title for PS4 !!! I'm still hungry for more Ridge Racer, the games always demonstrated the graphical power of the new PlayStation and they're mad fun to play.

I would really really love Namco to announce RR8 at Tokyo Games Show this year... it would be sweet !!!

Ridge Racer 7 still looks amazing today and it's a 2006 game, 1080p 60fps...

Namco seem to be using the Free-to-play model a lot lately, especially with Tekken Revolution. I'm assuming another Namco franchise will be next.

My money's on Soul Calibur.

Ruze789

Ridge Racer PSP is one of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had. So I'm willing to give this a shot.

Somehow I never even knew there was a PSP Ridge Racer! I need to get this, now.

I played the PC Driftopia beta for a couple nights and did not care for it at all. The F2P model is pretty ugly, with some terribly aggressive AI drivers that wreck your car all the time. I think I only finished 2 races, the rest ended in wrecks after the AI constantly drove me straight into walls.

Camjo-Z

Namco seem to be using the Free-to-play model a lot lately, especially with Tekken Revolution. I'm assuming another Namco franchise will be next.

Pac-Man Dash on mobile has been the most recent one IIRC. Surprisingly enough it's not that bad for being F2P.

I think it's ace combat.

Drifttopia was shown at E3, but they barely talked about it, it was more like a bullet point in the tekken revolution showing.

Joni

Is the beta still open? I have been getting an error since half an hour now. Kinda sad that you only get that error after the race and it still seems to eat your repair packs.

FDC1

LTTP: I just realised I received an email 8 days ago to this beta. Is it still on? I can't see the beta site from work

Top Bottom