• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One games coming to Redbox April 1

RPG

Just a note (unless they've changed it in the last 2 weeks) the Redbox codes are not bound to the type of media you're renting. So, a Free DVD rental code will take $1.20 off your $2 game rental. It's well worth your time to be on the Redbox text club since they'll send you something every 2 weeks.

Finally. A few weeks ago they showed that they'd have inFamous and Ps4/Xbone Ground Zeroes and then redacted it a week or so later. I'm glad because despite the hate Redbox gets, it's the cheapest and quickest way to play new games without having to drop $60 on them.

I've been renting ps4 games at Redbox since launch.
They were only doing that in test markets. Whereabouts are you located?

I'm so happy to hear this. I've learned to maximize my Redbox rentals. If you pick up a disc just after midnight, you can rent a game until 9pm the next date for the price of one day's rent. I played Ground Zeroes for two dollars.

baphomet

They were only doing that in test markets. Whereabouts are you located?

I'm so happy to hear this. I've learned to maximize my Redbox rentals. If you pick up a disc just after midnight, you can rent a game until 9pm the next date for the price of one day's rent. I played Ground Zeroes for two dollars.

Im in a suburb of Denver. Had no idea it was a test market, I assumed they were just slow to update the website with the ps4 games.

There aren't any Xbox one games carried anywhere around here though.

jetsetrez

I thought this was already a thing, but maybe it's just in a few markets so far. They've had next gen games at my local Redboxes since launch. I'm in Seattle, so maybe that's why, because Redbox/Coinstar is based in Bellevue.

I'm actually just about to go pick up Infamous after I get off from work in a few minutes.

scitek

Gamefly day-1'd Infamous SS for me, and will let me keep it for $49, so I feel loyal to them right now, but this is great news.

DJ_Lae

Curious to see what happens here in Canada - the boxes I've been to recently have removed games entirely from the menu options in the past couple of months.

Before that there was a handful of PS3 and 360 stuff at best and the WiiU section was present but never had anything.

see5harp

It's great for shorter games, but I feel like longer games like AC4 are better rented from Gamefly. Ground zeroes will be a one night affair though.

Nice. As someone who liked assassins creed 1, adored 2, and despised 3, I've been trying to decide if I should buy or just rent Black Flag.

Does anybody know if this got delayed or downsized? I remember seeing them listed on the Redbox site for Apr 1st, but now I don't see any sign of them.

Minneapolis.

Top Bottom