• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I feared I was one of those who tried to extrapolate way too much from Amazon charts across the worlds, by examining them, filtering them (when there are deals and other special events), coupling with other indexes for predicting sales. And I believed I exaggerated in this.

But you...you all...you brought Amazon analysis to the next level, holy crap.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Nope, just you. The thing is I actually agree with you, the PS4 is doing better and I am very pleased Sony learned from their mistakes with the PS3. The difference is your attitude towards the X1 and how often people like you feel the need to portray them as direct competitors. That somehow it must lead to choosing a side.

No, I chose a console. I think Sony's memory card prices for the Vita are scandalous, their advertising used to be (and sometimes still IS) terrible, and they should never have made the arrogant statement 'Next gen doesn't start until we say it does.' but they just happen to have the exclusives I like the most ... Not the phones though, they were rubbish until the Experia.

Racer1977

They haven't even announced 3 million yet. They've announced the previous 2 million unit marks, so I expect to hear about 3 million and 4 million separately.

I think it's clear they passed 3m a good while back, afterall, they were at 2.1m over three weeks ago. By their own admission, Sony expected to sell 3m PS4's by the end of the year, this was a very conservative, pre-launch, figure.

Pachinko

Wow, those lasted quite some time but as with before- they're all sold up now unless you want to buy through an amazon partner for a 2-400 dollar markup. Regardless of what MS or sony end up selling by the end of march I think they'll both sell 90-100% of what they put to market in the vast majority of available territories. Do I think sony will "win" ? yeah, because they'll have launched in Asia by then and that's a market no one buys MS stuff in , they'll also match shipments just about everywhere else so they will have a lead.

It's the after march time frame that I feel is going to be more important, by then MS should have a better SKU available (either one that is cheaper or comes with a couple games for the current price, maybe even 6 months to a year of live?) and the 2 systems can compete without being stock constrained.

It may surprise gaf to learn that despite everything pointing to Sony , I still wouldn't mind owning both in the next 12 months. I'd just rather wait until Killer Instinct has another half dozen characters , an arcade stick is 149.99 and the system is under 400$. Sony has the better console in every single way and it costs less but the only games I'm interested in are actually coming to both consoles (MGS5, FFXV). I don't expect this to remain the case and despite multiplatform titles, I'd just as well play them on the platform that can handle them better but there it is.

ShapeGSX

I feared I was one of those who tried to extrapolate way too much from Amazon charts across the worlds, by examining them, filtering them (when there are deals and other special events), coupling with other indexes for predicting sales. And I believed I exaggerated in this.

But you...you all...you brought Amazon analysis to the next level, holy crap.

If only they had been analyzing more than just the few hours when the PS4 was actually available.

I was at the Saturn Hnasaring on thursday to get my preordered one from august, the sales guy there told another guy that they would be getting shipments nearly every day and that he should call in when they open.

Incidentally there was a huge piles of Xbones lyring around at the store, I saw a woman almost buy a Wii U game without having one and. i also saw someone actually buying a Wii U.

Tried Saturn every once in a while without luck so far. Will try my luck at the two toys r us and in Bonn/Leverkusen. Last chance for the greatest christmas present ever.

No, I chose a console. I think Sony's memory card prices for the Vita are scandalous, their advertising used to be (and sometimes still IS) terrible, and they should never have made the arrogant statement 'Next gen doesn't start until we say it does.' but they just happen to have the exclusives I like the most ... Not the phones though, they were rubbish until the Experia.

I think you misunderstood my comment. It has nothing to do with choosing a system. Heck even I might choose a PS4 over an X1 and not get both now that they both require paid memberships to play online. It's the attitude towards the competition and how many act in this regard, including you. It's like rooting for some sports team and it's getting old.

Beaulieu

Amazon listing says "In stock on December 28,2013". I almost jumped on this one but I thought it better to wait for Destiny beta at least. If I hadn't heard so much bad about Battlefield though...

last patch fixed battlefield on PS4. No more crashes, game runs smooth. Only small bugs left. (sound takes a few seconds to load on start of rounds, etc)

Mung

I think you misunderstood my comment. It has nothing to do with choosing a system. Heck even I might choose a PS4 over an X1 and not get both now that they both require paid memberships to play online. It's the attitude towards the competition and how many act in this regard, including you. It's like rooting for some sports team and it's getting old.

This is neogaf

No reason not to. My thinking is that if you are lurking on these forums and are interested in a PS4, you will eventually buy one. A price drop will not happen for at least a year, likely longer. Why not get the maximum enjoyment for the price of the console. In fact, under that logic, it's almost as if you are paying a higher price the longer you wait as you will "use" the console for a collectively less amount of time. Therefore, it is as cheap as it will ever be.

The waiting game is fine to play if you need to save up for the console. Totally understandable. But, to me, a console gets more expensive over time because there's also a larger amount of games to buy. I'm not a buy-it-and-beat-it gamer, so my backlog fills up quick.

Can someone edit a pic of Moses holding a PS4 instead of the ten commandments?

PA needs to update a classic.

468795588_eUoo3-L-2.jpg

quetz67

Banned
I think it's clear they passed 3m a good while back, afterall, they were at 2.1m over three weeks ago. By their own admission, Sony expected to sell 3m PS4's by the end of the year, this was a very conservative, pre-launch, figure.

Or that figure is what they knew they would be able to produce and ship til the end of the year.

famousmortimer already made a post saying that it was probably going to happen simply because MS will be able to ship more consoles to NA than Sony. I think that's what he's talking about.

I made that assumption based on Sony's lower stock level post-launch. I have no idea how the x1 is selling. We should be at the end of supply constraints for Sony though. I'm making no predictions on the npds. There's far too many variables that we don't know.

Skeff

Guys, is EU well stocked? if so and PS4 demand is still as is. I believe Sony would sell 4 million units by Dec 31.

PS4 sales as of 1st Dec was at 2.1m WW with severe shortages in EU/US and no release in Asia.

What do you guys think?

I would say PS4 is currently at 3.6m
Xbone is 2.4m

In the UK the PS4 is sold out in all shops, however online you can find a few bundles for delivery, most start at £400 with one game (if anyones curious they're in stock at argos.co.uk for home delivery with a game or controller for £400/405

Xbox one is also available for delivery too, but the solus console.

Ricky_R

It happens everywhere, that's for sure, but some needlessly draw attention to themselves. Anyways it's great to hear Sony is doing everything in their power to get as much stock out there as possible.

I wonder if you were also irritated by Xbox fans who constantly trashed the PS3 last gen.

satam55

Banned
Kinect Sports Rivals and Titanfall will secure the Easter season for them and Halo 5 and Quantum Break will give them the next holidays.

"Quantam Break" doesn't even have a timeframe. According to some folks they think it might be a 2015 release.

GodofWine

who knows what numbers are at Amazon. There were like 70 something XBones left an hr ago not there are like 700+

edit sorry 474

Yea, I dont think amazon can be tracked via the 'neogaf stock velocity model' :)

I think they just add stock as it dwindles down. What was the 'NSVM' consensus, a few thousand sold through in the last day?? I'd bet its well beyond the last 12,000 unit 'purge' they had last week, this new SKU just flew by some major SKU's on its way to #8 for the year.

By Q1 end, these two systems are gonna combine for a lot of happy next gen gamers, and probably quickly slam the PS360 era shut.

Yea, I dont think amazon can be tracked via the 'neogaf stock velocity model' :)

I think they just add stock as it dwindles down. What was the 'NSVM' consensus, a few thousand sold through in the last day?? I'd bet its well beyond the last 12,000 unit 'purge' they had last week, this new SKU just flew by some major SKU's on its way to #8 for the year.

By Q1 end, these two systems are gonna combine for a lot of happy next gen gamers, and probably quickly slam the PS360 era shut.
It tells you something about the difference in demand though. What it doesn't tell you is what is causing that difference. It could just be because MS is better at resupplying the retailers, or it could be because more PS-fans use Amazon more. However, when you combine it with sales figures from the same period, it begins to tell a story.

I made that assumption based on Sony's lower stock level post-launch. I have no idea how the x1 is selling. We should be at the end of supply constraints for Sony though. I'm making no predictions on the npds. There's far too many variables that we don't know.

yeah and didn't you mention on your podcast that it's possible they're both shipping similar numbers but PS4 is just selling out faster? or maybe xbone really is shipping more? or maybe it's the other way around and PS4 demand is just bonkers?

until we know exact numbers of shipment sizes for both companies will we be able to determine if this "xbones on the shelves" phenomenon is because of supply or demand. based on the numbers both companies reported for WW sales, my vote is for xbone being much less desired than PS4.

Schrade

WHAT? How is this graph being made? Is Amazon publishing per-minute stock availability? I apologize for asking. I have not read the entire thread.

Once it gets down to around 1000 units you can start entering 999 as the quantity of your order and then if it's below that amount it'll give you the exact stock numbers remaining.

Donos

So now what, were going to turn this up another notch and keep up with the antics because the PS3 was trashed? If people are holding onto past grudges they have issues.

It's not that people have grudges but GAF/internet beats on everything that is "down". See Wii U, Vita, Ouya etc.

GodofWine

WHAT? How is this graph being made? Is Amazon publishing per-minute stock availability? I apologize for asking. I have not read the entire thread.

NEOGAF, like life, always finds a way.

though it does kinda remind me of another site's CHARTZ! :)

Need to add a Bandaras gif as the background of the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom