• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Division 2 Download Error persists

VertigoOA

Banned
So when the download hits 18% it craps out with a disclaimer for “corrupted data, cannot download.”

Ive tried the download a number of times. Same issue. Restarted console and deleted the file... still happens. Restored licenses ... still happened.

Next thing being suggested is to initiliae the download but I’m not going to delete everything and games I actively play for this. So that’s out of the question.

i was denied a refund from the PSN support bot as well because Sony sucks and that’s fucked up because since I can’t download it to even play it and that should be honored.

I could just get it on the X but you know damn well it’s online population is dead on their current console.

I’m blaming Ubisoft.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Maybe your hdd is dying. Have you tried deleting other big games from your hard drive? And rebuilding the database?

VertigoOA

Banned
Yea I should have close to 200 gigs free. Would rebuilding database be the same as wiping my console as like initializing it?

I’ve been downloading older games in my library frequently over the last two months as well and this is the first time I have ever encountered this issue.

I may do that once I finish another game or too so that’s a few less games to download. I know I’m backed up by cloud saves for my single player games and my online game saves are kept on those game’s actual servers so no worries there. I just don’t want to redownload Destiny again and go without it this weekend.

If I do try to wipe it it’ll be during work hours next week so it hurts less And hopefully find a workaround before then

Also curious if I can buy a retail copy for 5 bucks and use it without the disc since I have it Purchased digitally. If that’s an option I’ll consider it.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Rebuilding the database is harmless. You don't lose any save data, user profiles etc. Think of it like defragging your hard drive on PC. The only inconveniences are that you will have to rearrange the icons on your dashboard (if you had them in folders or stuff like that) and you will get some 'discover' notifications again.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
So where is this option? I’ll check that out now

edit: figured it out. Doing so now

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

So where is this option? I’ll check that out now
Plug your controller in with the USB cable . Press and hold the power button on the system to turn it on and keep holding till you hear a second beep and it will boot in safe mode and you choose rebuild database

Verdanth

OP, after installation the game currently sits at 98.93 GB.

Don't know it you need extra space for it to download and then install.

xrnzaaas

OP, after installation the game currently sits at 98.93 GB.

Don't know it you need extra space for it to download and then install.
I think if he didn't have enough disk space for the game the download process wouldn't start in the first place.

Banned
the PS4 needs usually around 2x he amount of free disc space that the final game is in size. which is obviously bullshit but that's how it is.
also for every update you need enough space to completely reinstall the whole game again.

for big games like this you should try to have at least 250GB of free space.

the isntall and update situation on PS4 at the moment is such a fucking joke tbh. had to patch Apex Legends the other day... 120 something MB patch... 3 seconds of download time... 35min of COPYING!

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I have more than enough free space. If that was the case it wouldn’t have started the download to begin with. It happened again even with rebuilding the database.

what I’m wondering now is if I buy a retail copy and have it installed from there... if I can play without the disc since owning the digital license and without having to download it with said digital license

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I have more than enough free space. If that was the case it wouldn’t have started the download to begin with. It happened again even with rebuilding the database.

what I’m wondering now is if I buy a retail copy and have it installed from there... if I can play without the disc since owning the digital license and without having to download it with said digital license
Nope, I've tried launching a disc game I own digitally (from PS+) without the disc and it doesn't work.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Physical version here. Everything works great. Game is running off a SSD.

tIeqybo.png

xrnzaaas

I will bump this thread, because I just got the same corrupted data error (CE-36244-9) when trying to redownload one of the games. I will have to google this issue. It allowed me to retry and resume the download for the time being, don't know if it will affect how the game works.

xrnzaaas

Hm, according to this thread this may be a Sony issue. Since my last post I've tried rebuilding the database, rebooting my router and changing DNS settings to Google ones. It still fails and even if I retry and resume it does the same thing after a few minutes.

So the current theory is:
- it may be an issue with Sony's servers, some people state they've contacted Sony and there should a fix incoming
- the game should allow to resume the download after showing the error, I'll try and see if it affects the stability of the game
- some people say the errors affect games being redownloaded, that's definitely the case with my problem - I'm reinstalling the game I've deleted about 2 months ago

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
I had a similar fail on a system update two months ago and after all the formatting and reinitializations, my console won't even detect PS4 controllers anymore.

splus03

Neo Member
So when the download hits 18% it craps out with a disclaimer for “corrupted data, cannot download.”

Ive tried the download a number of times. Same issue. Restarted console and deleted the file... still happens. Restored licenses ... still happened.

Next thing being suggested is to initiliae the download but I’m not going to delete everything and games I actively play for this. So that’s out of the question.

i was denied a refund from the PSN support bot as well because Sony sucks and that’s fucked up because since I can’t download it to even play it and that should be honored.

I could just get it on the X but you know damn well it’s online population is dead on their current console.

I’m blaming Ubisoft.

Me and 3 friends bought this game on Monday. Not one of us has been able to download it. It gets to roughly 27GB then errors out. Plenty of Hard drive space we all have 1TB or 2TB drives, one has a 4TB drive. Have you found any solutions other than a refund?

jaysius

Banned
I managed to get it downloaded fine day 1 of the $3 sale.

This sounds like it's a widerspread issue, I hate to be negative, but goodluck getting Sony to look at this issue, they'll tell you the PSN is flawless and that it's your ISP, or your PS4 or your dog is looking at the corner of your room the wrong way. They're never wrong.

Tomeru

Just a suggestion to try (for anyone having issues downloading) - try connecting to a different network (like at a friend or some school networks and such). It might help. I've had several customers who had errors downloading stuff from psn at home, but when connected to the store network it worked fine.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I think you need 2x the space, like space for the download + space for installation.
I hope that Sony figure this out, because it's straight up retarded and patching too. When I fire up my PS4Pro and want play some new game it's always pain in the ass with free HDD space...

VertigoOA

Banned
Me and 3 friends bought this game on Monday. Not one of us has been able to download it. It gets to roughly 27GB then errors out. Plenty of Hard drive space we all have 1TB or 2TB drives, one has a 4TB drive. Have you found any solutions other than a refund?

knew that shit was a real issue... I bought a retail copy instead for 5$

Game sucks anyway

Last edited:
knew that shit was a real issue... I bought a retail copy instead for 5$

Game sucks anyway
I loved the first game, specially the DLC (Survival and Undergrond). Bought the special edition of the second game... what a mistake... never again. This game is shallow. Nothing that worked in the first game works here. The only thing that is better is the gunplay, but the core mechanics suck compared to the first game.

VertigoOA

Banned
I don’t really have any complaints about it in particular... it’s just the cover shooter stuff. I played a lot of the first game too. My complaints aren’t about loot, or endgame... it’s just the core gameplay... like... fuck this shit... it’s boring.

Fallout 76 and Monster Hunter World are the only other online console games worth a shit at this point that isn’t Destiny.

I can’t believe I’m saying this... I’d rather play 76’s BR mode.

April 7th folks. Get ready for Fallout. It’s gonna be hilarious to see how successful it actually becomes after all the backlash and still defeating Division 2 and Anthem irregardless of faux journalism outrage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom